C Cutter Gauthier - (2022, 5th, PHI; traded to ANA)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
Honestly, wouldn't be surprised to see him going 3rd overall to Arizona or 4th overall to Seattle. Exactly the type of player that's so valuable now in the league and in the playoffs. And if I'm not mistaken, he will return to the center position next year which makes him even more valuable.

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
Gauthier over Cooley is crazy.

They played in the same team.

1 is #1 for ppg and the other is 5t

Turcotte was better than Zegras and Boldy too. Domi out produced Horvat in Jr, Drouin outscored MacKinnon by a margin in their draft year on the same team.

Pts aren't everything. Not sure I agree with Gauthier > Cooley either but all things considered its a lot closer than some people want to believe. Gauthier does everything you want, and his upside as a player who can dominate physically along with skill is intriguing.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Sam Cosentino has Gauthier going 3rd to Arizona...

Man this list is bad. Probably the worst one ive seen yet. So many decisions that are out of character for organizations and just flat out poor choices.

Gauthier is a nice prospect but he doesnt belong in the top 3 of this draft. I dont see him falling past the sens unless a D man somehow makes it there. Just watched the U 18 final, he had a really tough game. 3 minor penalties. Bad look to be so undisciplined in such a big game. Raw tools do look great though, if he can play center he could be a really good player at the next level.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
The more people elevate this guy to these crazy levels, the better I feel about my prediction that Stramel will be a top 5 pick next year. I know it's supposed to be a better draft, but he's a better version of Gauthier. Fantilli also is going to be a top 5 pick. Teams love these kinds of big centers who can skate and have some offense. Wouldn't be surprised to see these two kids be picked ahead of Michkov next year, as crazy as it'd be.

Reactions: Ed Ned and Leddy

Love

Feb 29, 2012
The more people elevate this guy to these crazy levels, the better I feel about my prediction that Stramel will be a top 5 pick next year. I know it's supposed to be a better draft, but he's a better version of Gauthier. Fantilli also is going to be a top 5 pick. Teams love these kinds of big centers who can skate and have some offense. Wouldn't be surprised to see these two kids be picked ahead of Michkov next year, as crazy as it'd be.
In 3 of the last 4 drafts a big centre rose to the top 5 and was picked higher than expected. Kotkaniemi, Dach, and McTavish. I could easily see this happening again with Gauthier.

Reactions: lanky and Jukurit

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
In 3 of the last 4 drafts a big centre rose to the top 5 and was picked higher than expected. Kotkaniemi, Dach, and McTavish. I could easily see this happening again with Gauthier.

Going back even further, PLD was behind Pulju/Tkachuk for most the year. Dylan Strome in 2015 going 3rd. These guys are in demand.

I think Gauthier is the complete package with a heavy shot. Not a 1st line offensive driver, but a definite top 6 fwd that can score & helps you win.

Reactions: Love

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
I feel pretty confident that 1-2-3-4 in this draft goes Wright, Slafkovsky, Cooley and Nemec in that order. 5 is where things start to open up and we’ve seen Philly reporters talk about there being smoke that Philly will be selecting him.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Another curious case of a prospect rocketing up draft boards for no discernible reason, months after everyone stopped playing any games. Top-5, top-3, best prospect on the USNTDP?

This guy has become breathtakingly overrated.

Reactions: 57special

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Another curious case of a prospect rocketing up draft boards for no discernible reason, months after everyone stopped playing any games. Top-5, top-3, best prospect on the USNTDP?

This guy has become breathtakingly overrated.

The last couple players that come to mind that this happened to were McTavish and Sanderson. They've done well. I think this is just public lists slowly catching up to team lists. There is a lag.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
He's becoming a bit overrated.

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
I posted this in another thread earlier today but I could see Arizona and Seattle jumping on the D dropping Cooley to Philly @ 5. If there's a team that could covet the big goal scoring center would it not be the Flyers? My hot take is Cutter goes @ #5 to Philly over his USNTDP teammate.

What are the chances Gauthier gets picked before Cooley on Thursday? IMO it's larger than most people think.

Reactions: Angry Hockey Dad

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
Honestly, wouldn't be surprised to see him going 3rd overall to Arizona or 4th overall to Seattle. Exactly the type of player that's so valuable now in the league and in the playoffs. And if I'm not mistaken, he will return to the center position next year which makes him even more valuable.

I'm assuming this is defined as: Skilled, heavy, smart?

Reactions: Jabba11

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
I feel pretty confident that 1-2-3-4 in this draft goes Wright, Slafkovsky, Cooley and Nemec in that order. 5 is where things start to open up and we’ve seen Philly reporters talk about there being smoke that Philly will be selecting him.

Philly’s 100% taking one of Jiricek or Cutter

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Sanderson is a good one, but McTavish? That is not at all how I remember it.

McTavish rose big time after the u18 because he didnt have much of a covid season.

Yes the U18s is why he rose, but he was still slowly climbing the rankings for a month or two after the hockey stopped. And some folks here said it was suspicious, when it was really just lag in the public lists.

Reactions: newfy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad