C Cutter Gauthier - (2022, 5th, PHI; traded to ANA)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
What? No, they are absolutely pissed. There's pages of them criticizing the pick.
Not sure what you are trying to prove but if there is one thing Fletcher hasnt been blamed for its that pick. And even the next 2 picks.

Pick was « known » even before the draft unlike some other team i wont identify…

edit: who was the 5th pick according to Bob Mac? CG. So yeah they are pissed…

Last edited:

cheesesteak

Jul 3, 2011
I like this guy for Philly. Will be very fun to see him play for the Flyers and see him succeed.

Reminder, his favorite player is Sidney Crosby. Cheers Flyers fans hahahaha

If memory serves me correct that was also Couturier’s favorite player. Hopefully it works out as good as Couts did.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Reading this thread with all the positives is a welcome change of tone, because reading the Flyers board thread on him is the complete opposite.

Flyers fans are convinced he's a bust and their GM drafted him only because he can hit a golf ball with life and right hand.
You're misunderstanding what you're reading. Everyone just knew he was the pick ahead of the draft, because the Flyers have a type and he fits it. No one's predicting he'll bust, rather just that he's a higher floor lower ceiling pick, i.e. generally not what you're looking for out of the 5th overall. Most people wanted to trade down and grab another early pick because they don't see that much separation in the first round and two lottery tickets are better than one.

Personally, I have no opinion because I don't watch these kids play. I have some concerns because my thoughts on NHL players tends to line up with the folks who are unenthused by this selection, but if Sheifele is a realistic outcome, then sign me up.

Reactions: YamCork

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
I was hoping my team would draft Slafkovsky and maneuver to snag this guy too. It's somewhat a gamble but Gauthier could become really good. John LeClrair good if you're patient.

Last edited:
Reactions: Devonator

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
You're misunderstanding what you're reading. Everyone just knew he was the pick ahead of the draft, because the Flyers have a type and he fits it. No one's predicting he'll bust, rather just that he's a higher floor lower ceiling pick, i.e. generally not what you're looking for out of the 5th overall. Most people wanted to trade down and grab another early pick because they don't see that much separation in the first round and two lottery tickets are better than one.

Personally, I have no opinion because I don't watch these kids play. I have some concerns because my thoughts on NHL players tends to line up with the folks who are unenthused by this selection, but if Sheifele is a realistic outcome, then sign me up.
He’s not misunderstanding at all. Its deliberate. Wants to be part of the Fletcher bashing.

Flyers fans were mostly afraid CF would trade the pick to shed salary.
Trading down a few spots was also popular.

of course you will find a couple of Flyers fans totally fed up with whatever they do these days but obvious in the prospect thread that vast majority liked the pick.
Maybe they didnt claim to win another offseason or they didnt put him on first line already in those wonderful line combos threads some teams have in July.

Want to see fans angry with a pick? Just go to Juraj‘s thread. Or to Bob McKenzie’s rankings thread on their board. Leafs loving drunk has-been knew nothing. Right. How much those Wright Habs jerseys are going for on Marketplace? I’d say 90% of them were certain Hughes was going for both Juraj and Wright when Bettman announced a trade after the Nemec pick. Turns out deep d crew lost Romanov.

Of course now they all embrace their pick, as they should btw. Like we should too.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Thank you for this, now I have the answer I was looking for. Does he maybe have siblings named Slasher and Hacker as well or he is he an only child?

No, but he does have an Uncle Lance and a dog named Chopper.

He’s not misunderstanding at all. Its deliberate. Wants to be part of the Fletcher bashing.

Flyers fans were mostly afraid CF would trade the pick to shed salary.
Trading down a few spots was also popular.

of course you will find a couple of Flyers fans totally fed up with whatever they do these days but obvious in the prospect thread that vast majority liked the pick.
Maybe they didnt claim to win another offseason or they didnt put him on first line already in those wonderful line combos threads some teams have in July.

Want to see fans angry with a pick? Just go to Juraj‘s thread. Or to Bob McKenzie’s rankings thread on their board. Leafs loving drunk has-been knew nothing. Right. How much those Wright Habs jerseys are going for on Marketplace? I’d say 90% of them were certain Hughes was going for both Juraj and Wright when Bettman announced a trade after the Nemec pick. Turns out deep d crew lost Romanov.

Of course now they all embrace their pick, as they should btw. Like we should too.

jeff-bridges-what.gif

haulinbass

Mar 6, 2014
I can't even find any discussion in Flyers section about Gauthier, was wondering how he looked in development camp....

Reactions: FromChaos22

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I can't even find any discussion in Flyers section about Gauthier, was wondering how he looked in development camp....

I did read about some prospect on the Flyers board that was only drafted because he can juggle and golf with both hands. They are discussing that kid a lot and saying he was a moronic choice.

Virtually nothing about the actual Cutter Gauthier.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
From the Athletic:

Cutter Gauthier, C/LW, Philadelphia: Gauthier wasn’t bad, and he still showed off his big-time shot, but ideally you would have liked to see a bit more from the 2022 No. 5 pick. I would still expect him to play a big role on the 2023 team, and really like him as a prospect, but he just wasn’t as consistently noticeable to me as some of the other top 2022 draftees this weekend.

Nabrules

Nov 5, 2018
From the Athletic:

Cutter Gauthier, C/LW, Philadelphia: Gauthier wasn’t bad, and he still showed off his big-time shot, but ideally you would have liked to see a bit more from the 2022 No. 5 pick. I would still expect him to play a big role on the 2023 team, and really like him as a prospect, but he just wasn’t as consistently noticeable to me as some of the other top 2022 draftees this weekend.
sigh… Philly can never have anything nice

Reactions: FlyguyOX

Nabrules

Nov 5, 2018
They didn't draft Gauthier to look good in a summer scrimmage. His pick is more about pro projection.
I know I know, when everything going poorly for philly, Would’ve been nice to hear him have a good scrimmage even though it doesn’t matter. I’d have taken Jiricek for sure but was decently happy with Gauthier. Would be surpised if he doesn’t end up a decent 2C

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He’s better than guys they picked. They weren’t going to pick many 2022 draft eligibles. They want to load up the team with older players. It’s hard to be making a big deal out of that he didn’t make the team.

Reactions: Torts

Nabrules

Nov 5, 2018
He’s better than guys they picked. They weren’t going to pick many 2022 draft eligibles. They want to load up the team with older players. It’s hard to be making a big deal out of that he didn’t make the team.
IIRC you were always highest on him before the rest of the league caught on and vaulted him inside the top 10. What do you think is a realistic projection long term? To me a Bo Horvat Type player in that sense that he can be a 30 goal ish, 55-60 point ish power Centre. What do u think?

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IIRC you were always highest on him before the rest of the league caught on and vaulted him inside the top 10. What do you think is a realistic projection long term? To me a Bo Horvat Type player in that sense that he can be a 30 goal ish, 55-60 point ish power Centre. What do u think?
Yes, thats correct. A more athletic Christian Dvorak. I know that'll sound bad to a lot of people, but Dvorak is still pretty young and aside from struggling last season on a terrible team he's probably gotten to that of a low-end 2C with a little room to get better. I think Gauthier will be an average 2C with an outside chance for a good 2C or low-end 1C at the absolute best.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Yes, thats correct. A more athletic Christian Dvorak. I know that'll sound bad to a lot of people, but Dvorak is still pretty young and aside from struggling last season on a terrible team he's probably gotten to that of a low-end 2C with a little room to get better. I think Gauthier will be an average 2C with an outside chance for a good 2C or low-end 1C at the absolute best.
Yuck. Would have taken Jiricek over that

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad