C Cutter Gauthier - (2022, 5th, PHI; traded to ANA)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
6 points in 6 games at the mens worlds, including 5 goals and being named player of the game once already.

some where skeptical about him rise to ultimatey being a top 5 pick last year but so far he’s proved PHI knew what they were doing.
Looking good
IIHF has him at 6 goals in 6 games plus an helper.
Philly needs to draft a playmaking C with the 7oa to play alongside Gauthier who might be more of a scoring winger than a center.

Reactions: phil162888

Nabrules

Nov 5, 2018
Looking good
IIHF has him at 6 goals in 6 games plus an helper.
Philly needs to draft a playmaking C with the 7oa to play alongside Gauthier who might be more of a scoring winger than a center.
I’d be shocked if Gauthier isn’t at least given every opportunity to be a C at the pro level. Looked really good there as at BC.

6’3 power forwards at the centre position are so rare, let’s see tho

Reactions: sigx15

Antonche

Jan 13, 2015
Russia, Siberia.
I’d be shocked if Gauthier isn’t at least given every opportunity to be a C at the pro level. Looked really good there as at BC.

6’3 power forwards at the centre position are so rare, let’s see tho
Not sure that Gauthier will be a C. He doesn't his line better. He is a finisher.

Postulates

Jun 7, 2022
Roughly a year older same birth year though

Out producing both Fantilli and Carlsson combined

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Kid is looking like the real deal at the WC's. I still think he is a winger at the next level though.

There's a lot of scepticism over the Flyers board over this pick which I dont understand. Is it the PTSD of being ****** over by the management year after year so they dont trust them to make a good pick?

Them developping him well is one thing, but lot of them are acting like what he is doing at the moment is not that impressive. If I were them, I'd be excited. As a winger or a centre, he seems destined to be a 30 goals scorer in the league.
There is skepticism because the vast majority of Flyers fans on this board are miserable fans who complain about everything. If people aren't on board with the pick at this point they never will be. Prospects like him with his size, skating ability and shot are extremely rare.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
We, Philly, have an awful drafting record for the past decade or so. I’ll believe it when I see it when it comes to any of our highly touted prospects.

As far as I’m concerned we’re right there with NYR for worst developmental org in the league
"Awful drafting?" Yeah, I'm going to have to disagree.

These are their last ten first rounds:

13 - Samuel Morin
14 - Travis Sanheim
15 - Ivan Provorov and Travis Konecny
16 - German Rubtsov
17 - Nolan Patrick and Morgan Frost
18 - Joel Farabee and Jay'Obrien
19 - Cam York
20 - Tyson Foerster
21 - N/A
22 - Cutter Gauthier

They missed badly on Morin, Rubtsov, Patrick, and O'Brien.

Sanheim, Provorov, TK, Frost, and Farabee are all hits. York, Foerster, and Gauthier look like hits as well though it's still early. That's 8 out of their last 12 first round picks that are either hits or well on their way to being hits.

They also drafted Hart in the 2nd round who was a hit, Lindblom in the 5th who was a hit before he sadly got cancer, and some intriguing guys like Attard, Brink, Desnoyers, Ersson, and Andrae in the mid to late rounds.

I would agree that their ability to properly develop their picks at the AHL and NHL level has been lacking, but in terms of drafting over the last decade they have middle of the road in the league AT WORST which is a far cry from your proclamation of awful.

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
Roughly a year older same birth year though

Out producing both Fantilli and Carlsson combined
People will hate this opinion because the narrative has been that 2022 was weak and 23 is filled with potential #1picks most years, but I really think all 3 of them are roughly the same level of prospect.

Gauthier might still be 3rd, but it's not like there's a big gap between him and those 2 IMO

This kid is going to be everything the Habs hoped Slafkovsky would be.
I'm still holding out hope that Salf can become a 60+ pt power forward but as much as it pains me to say I have to agree Gauthier is much more refined and skilled at this stage, no guarantees Slaf ever catches up offensively

Reactions: Devonator

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Nice to see success of Cutter. Was my top 5 way before the draft. It was a ple to watch his usntdp games. I hoped Devils will draft him, but than we won the lottery.

Reactions: Devonator

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I was really impressed by him for most of the season at BC. Was quite surprised to go over to the Flyers board at some point to check in on the opinions and they were pretty pessimistic for the most part. Kid is a gamer

Last summer I tried telling them he was a great pick (looks like a future 1C to me), but they're 100% locked in to thinking that he was picked because he was a Flyers' style big and dumb player. And that everything Flyers management does is bad therefore Gauthier is bad.

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
I was really impressed by him for most of the season at BC. Was quite surprised to go over to the Flyers board at some point to check in on the opinions and they were pretty pessimistic for the most part. Kid is a gamer
Almost everyone on the Flyers board is embarrassingly cynical and childish about anything the Flyers do....it is very annoying...the only one that is somewhat reasonable it Deadhead and he is hated for his realistic and optimistic posts on the Flyers board....go figure.....

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011

They call Gendron a wasted nepotism pick with mediocre skating. Not quite sure what's going on over there.

Reactions: Guadana

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
Last summer I tried telling them he was a great pick (looks like a future 1C to me), but they're 100% locked in to thinking that he was picked because he was a Flyers' style big and dumb player. And that everything Flyers management does is bad therefore Gauthier is bad.
A part of me was jealous the Habs didn't reach and take him #1, it would have 100 percent enraged the fan base and they would've proclaimed it was KK all over again reaching for a big Centre, but this guy is absolutely a stud.

Personally I would say it's between him and Cooley for who should be the first forward taken in a redraft right now

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
A part of me was jealous the Habs didn't reach and take him #1, it would have 100 percent enraged the fan base and they would've proclaimed it was KK all over again reaching for a big Centre, but this guy is absolutely a stud.

Personally I would say it's between him and Cooley for who should be the first forward taken in a redraft right now
Both would be drafted higher than Slafkovsky and Wright ofcourse. Wronght should be #7-8 for today in the moment, because Nemec, Jiricek, Gauthier, Cooley, Slafkovsky, Snuggered and may be even Kulich played better season.

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
Both would be drafted higher than Slafkovsky and Wright ofcourse. Wronght should be #7-8 for today in the moment, because Nemec, Jiricek, Gauthier, Cooley, Slafkovsky, Snuggered and may be even Kulich played better season.
Call me a hater but Im not even sure Shane wright goes top 10 anymore. I like Savoies electric skill/skating combination over Wright's "wait and react" approach. I'm also taking Hutson over wright at this point.

Gauthier is really interesting because he seems to fly under the radar despite everything he's done, he was a riser and he kept that trajectory up this year, nothing about him makes me believe he won't at the bare minimum be a good #2 C with #1 potential.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Call me a hater but Im not even sure Shane wright goes top 10 anymore. I like Savoies electric skill/skating combination over Wright's "wait and react" approach. I'm also taking Hutson over wright at this point.

Gauthier is really interesting because he seems to fly under the radar despite everything he's done, he was a riser and he kept that trajectory up this year, nothing about him makes me believe he won't at the bare minimum be a good #2 C with #1 potential.
I think his ahl production and overall iq make him intriguing prospect still. But he is definitely isn’t and wasn’t my top priority in the draft day. And as a Devils fan I didn’t want for Devils to draft him. As I remember I put him on the 4th place. Gauthier was fifth. And I still liked Gauthier much more.
I understand that Gauthier isn’t classy play driver who helps in offensive transition, but there are tonns of work he makes exactly how it should do in NHL. I think modern public scouting based on transition game in a compartment with stickhandling. But in NHL it’s only beginning of the offensive process.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016

Nailed it. Also a huge chunk of that board will continue to hate him than admit they were wrong

Reactions: antman12

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
Sorry the article is in french, but it has some tweets in english in it.

Basically, it says that Cutter Gauthier refused to attend the Flyers camp for reasons unknown to Danny Brière.

Should be noted that he attended last year’s camp so that is his one permitted Flyers paid camp per NCAA rules, if he attended this year it would have been on his own dime so it’s not very surprising he declined. Especially having played the World Championship and all the travel. Briere said he’s not at all concerned about it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad