C Cutter Gauthier - (2022, 5th, PHI; traded to ANA)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Briere was obviously not aware of the reasons why Gauthier didnt attend, he supposed it was because of a busy year for him, but he admitted they were looking at understanding what happened.

Note that Philly could have drafted Leonard instead of Michkov, who will join Gauthier at Boston college next season. We also heard alot of noise about Michkov being an asshole with his teammates, coaches ect. Not saying its related for sure, but thats definitely a possibility. Maybe Gauthier was pissed off at that decision.

Briere took a pretty big risk with Michkov, could end up looking really good, or really bad.
Making pathetic takes for mtl is something understandable in this situation, but for flyers fans its something I never met before.

Lmao is this a joke? Gauthier refused to come to development camp because he was mad the flyers didn’t draft Michkov?

How do people even come up with this crap?

Lmaoooo. Or, it’s a simple miscommunication where he figured his agent had handled it…
Just imagine how badly Michkov will influence on Cutter's numbers and salary? Gauthier should be pissed.

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
Missing dev camp is certainly an odd move. As a top prospect in the organization it does not hurt to at least show face and get to know the guys/organization. He doesnt even have to participate in the on ice stuff. Its a bad look in my opinion.

And the whole “didn’t want to pay his way there” is garbage. Its a few hundred dollars. Doesn’t seem to be an issue with the rest of the NCAA kids who attend multiple times. Kid will be making seven figures very shortly.

Reactions: HeadLiceHatty

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
What do you think Gauthier will be in the NHL, floor and ceiling, lol relax man! XD
I was a huge fan of Gauthier in the draft year, I made videos about him and putted him in top-5/6 way before the hype.
If he will play with Michkov? He is 80+ points, 30-40 goals power center(may be winger, but I expect he can play center role on NHL level) who will play interior game on the net and behind the net. He will create a lot of space for Michkov and for himself.
Its not an easy job, but he has skill to do it, may be a vision, at least for a winger duties.

His floor is role scoring player, who needs mobile two way center. And even than its 50+ points player.

I just asked flyers fans to be patient, because power forward job is the toughest in NHL, because its really hard to understand timing when player attacking the zone, he should not create enough open space for opponent partner and should not be outplay by opponent with the puck.

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
Missing dev camp is certainly an odd move. As a top prospect in the organization it does not hurt to at least show face and get to know the guys/organization. He doesnt even have to participate in the on ice stuff. Its a bad look in my opinion.

And the whole “didn’t want to pay his way there” is garbage. Its a few hundred dollars. Doesn’t seem to be an issue with the rest of the NCAA kids who attend multiple times. Kid will be making seven figures very shortly.
I agree with that

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006

Not a big deal; particularly since he was there last year and is likely to have a long season. With him in the USA selection camp and then playing in the World Juniors and a full NCAA season, the break wasn't much of a loss.

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
Not a big deal; particularly since he was there last year and is likely to have a long season. With him in the USA selection camp and then playing in the World Juniors and a full NCAA season, the break wasn't much of a loss.
Its not a big deal at all. But its a bad look.

Not skating due to the long season is completely understandable. Blowing the dev camp off completely and just letting your agent handle it comes off as super entitled.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018

It's not odd at all. Kid was burnt out after college season, WJC, then being a beast at WC, and he's now playing in a summer showcase.

God forbid we see him as a human who wanted a break for his own mental health rather than a pointless dev camp.

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
It's not odd at all. Kid was burnt out after college season, WJC, then being a beast at WC, and he's now playing in a summer showcase.

God forbid we see him as a human who wanted a break for his own mental health rather than a pointless dev camp.
It's odd when the organization expected you to be there and you just no-show. Again I agree with the fact that he didn't need to skate or workout. But to not show face and not inform the organization about it is a bad look. Even just "letting your agent handle it" is a bad look.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
When it was announced he wouldn’t attend the few guys in the Flyers media that aren’t complete morons & do have some connections within the organization were saying the real reason was he wanted time off. The money reason just sounded better optically.

I can’t imagine he actually told the team that he wasn’t attending because of money. As logically that makes zero sense for anyone with any common sense. So I don’t know if the money angle was just coming from his camp to the media after the fact to make it sound better at least to the gullible in the media & fan base.

Last edited:

Unger9

Sep 7, 2016
Kitchener, ON
NCAA prospects have skipped dev camps for years and years. They come to the 1st one and any additional attendances seem to be bonuses. Many of them have summer classes so they can lighten the workload during the season

Reactions: FlyguyOX

hotcabbagesoup

"I'm going to get what I deserve" -RutgerMcgroarty
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
I think it's great that we're ripping him here on the message boards. We clearly know hockey players read the boards and some even have accounts here. Hopefully Gauthier learns from this and improves as a person (and maybe also improve his stamina so he wont miss any more camps) that will make him a better player and it will be because of us Flyer fans.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I don’t really give a shit personally if he didn’t show up but I can’t dispute the point that from a professional standpoint he probably should have shown up even if he didn’t participate.

Every other multi-year NCAA prospect in the Flyers system showed up & a good bit of them are likely long shots to ever play in the NHL.

• Haha
Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Actually glad the Hawks went off ice this year for Dev camp. These guys skate enough. A week connecting with your prospect teammates and doing Cubs game, cooking class, breathing class, boxing class, working out, and just general bonding is great.

Reactions: tnfrs

ValeriKamensky

May 8, 2013
It’s rare situation when top prospect is spending a long time in University after draft. Probably this is the reason of all fears.

Gauthier is the first forward since 2007 who spent more than 1 year in NCAA after being drafted. Previous forward? James Van Riemsdyk, who also was drafted by the Flyers lol

hotcabbagesoup

"I'm going to get what I deserve" -RutgerMcgroarty
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
It’s rare situation when top prospect is spending a long time in University after draft. Probably this is the reason of all fears.

Gauthier is the first forward since 2007 who spent more than 1 year in NCAA after being drafted. Previous forward? James Van Riemsdyk, who also was drafted by the Flyers lol

He might be taking the Blake Wheeler route.

His hometown is actually Scottadale Arizona and it would be awesome if he did the Wheeler and signed with the Coyotes out of college. Everything would come full circle and finally be right in the hockey world.

• Haha
Reactions: FlyguyOX

tnfrs

Jul 19, 2023
Actually glad the Hawks went off ice this year for Dev camp. These guys skate enough. A week connecting with your prospect teammates and doing Cubs game, cooking class, breathing class, boxing class, working out, and just general bonding is great.
do we still do the trial on the isle with our prospects? we used to do team building shit like that

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
Flyers development has been so bad, that skipping it likely leads to better development than attending
Huh? Don’t they have multiple own draft picks who’ve turned in to solid players?

Foester, York, Provorov, Konecny, Sanheim, Aube-Kubel, Laughton, Couturier, Cousins and Ghost are all legit NHL’ers by now.

thedjpd

Sponsor
Dec 12, 2002
San Jose, CA
Huh? Don’t they have multiple own draft picks who’ve turned in to solid players?

Foester, York, Provorov, Konecny, Sanheim, Aube-Kubel, Laughton, Couturier, Cousins and Ghost are all legit NHL’ers by now.
Flyers have done well in drafts. They haven’t found elite talent - which is usually a matter of luck at the later rounds, and haven’t drafted at the top enough due to their old school culture - hence they say all drafting is bad.

They are on the right track now but fans are still jaded.

Reactions: Sasso09

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad