C Cutter Gauthier - (2022, 5th, PHI; traded to ANA)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
i honestly have no idea who any of those players are and I was just comparing the first handful of top prospects, i bet you both fanbases will see things differently but comparing top 4s you can the make arguments for either side. If we're including depth guys Jr Avon and Denver Barkey were the top centers in the OHL Playoffs with Peterborough and London, Gendron scored almost a goal game in the Q, Alex Bump had some of the best metrics in the entire USHL last year over guys like Will Smith and Celebrini playing on a bummy team, every team has prospects down the list that mean something only to their fanbases, theres no point in flexing until theyve played some games though but its interesting to note that chicago has deliberately been throwing away assets to tank for about 3 years now and has ended up with a prospect pool that more or less mirrors Philly's in terms of strengths and Philly hasnt sold the farm
Hard question. Bedard and Michkov are on the same level, but Bedard is closer to NHL. Gauthier is better than Moore, but Reichel is better than Foerster. Korchinski is better than Bonk. And Chicago have Nazar. I would rank Chicago as a better prospect pool for now. But I don`t see any real reasons for sadness for flyers fans. Flyers didn`t anything to be better next year, but many teams did. If Flyers will got top-4 pick, they will got beautiful prospect next year.

Gregor Samsa

Sep 5, 2020
Flyer fans are pretty pessimistic regarding the team and I get it, they have been rudderless for a decade. I do think their future is brighter than they think. They have one of the best prospects in the league and the best they’ve had since Lindros. Gauthier would also be the top prospect on many teams. They also have a bunch of guys who graduated in the last few years who are clear NHL players. There are also a few promising prospects like Bonk, Foerster, and Brink. They should also have a high pick in next year’s draft plus the 1st from Florida. I’d imagine they sell at the deadline so that number of 1sts or promising prospects can go up. Obviously there can be disappointments and busts from prospects but I wouldn’t say their future is bleak. The next 2-3 years will probably be rough though

Reactions: tnfrs

tnfrs

Jul 19, 2023
Hard question. Bedard and Michkov are on the same level, but Bedard is closer to NHL. Gauthier is better than Moore, but Reichel is better than Foerster. Korchinski is better than Bonk. And Chicago have Nazar. I would rank Chicago as a better prospect pool for now. But I don`t see any real reasons for sadness for flyers fans. Flyers didn`t anything to be better next year, but many teams did. If Flyers will got top-4 pick, they will got beautiful prospect next year.
chicago for sure has the edge dont me wrong im not a crazy person who thinks Philly has the top pool or is done rebuilding, but some fans were screaming to trade TK and tippett and everyone that showed any kind of promise while their value was up, so its nice we have both a strong pool and some strong young roster guys

Reactions: Guadana

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
chicago for sure has the edge dont me wrong im not a crazy person who thinks Philly has the top pool or is done rebuilding, but some fans were screaming to trade TK and tippett and everyone that showed any kind of promise while their value was up, so its nice we have both a strong pool and some strong young roster guys
Yeah I would save Tippet for now. He is pretty young and will bring only late first round picks at best. Konecny is two years older. He is 26 and has two years under cheap deal. Its more interesting, he can bring very interesting compensation from a trade or Flyers can sign him when he will be 28 yo. Young players should play with someone who can play. In Tippett case - he isn§t good line driver, but he is good complimentary player. If he will sign reasonable deal, Flyers can save him, I believe he will make some good work for your future top-6 center. Again, if he will continue to score and will ask more than 5.5-6.5, than flyers can trade him for a good compensation - a lot of teams will pay for 25-30 goal scorer with 1.5mil under the cap on the deadline. May be flyers should think about trading one of them. Both? I don§t think it§s a good idea.

Reactions: FlyguyOX and tnfrs

tnfrs

Jul 19, 2023
Yeah I would save Tippet for now. He is pretty young and will bring only late first round picks at best. Konecny is two years older. He is 26 and has two years under cheap deal. Its more interesting, he can bring very interesting compensation from a trade or Flyers can sign him when he will be 28 yo. Young players should play with someone who can play. In Tippett case - he isn§t good line driver, but he is good complimentary player. If he will sign reasonable deal, Flyers can save him, I believe he will make some good work for your future top-6 center. Again, if he will continue to score and will ask more than 5.5-6.5, than flyers can trade him for a good compensation - a lot of teams will pay for 25-30 goal scorer with 1.5mil under the cap on the deadline. May be flyers should think about trading one of them. Both? I don§t think it§s a good idea.
TK probably has the most value in a trade, and Tippett would probably get a nice package back at the deadline but Id rather keep them. Tippett doesnt drive play but can score from distance and hes not afraid to go to the dirty areas, his takeaway/giveaway ratio is solid too, hes not a liability carrying the puck and he can break up plays when he has the chance, so even if he's not a defensive forward as much as Torts likes hes a good transition guy. I dont see him as a first line guy, but on the 2nd line he can probably still score around 30 a year and he skates like a demon. i wouldnt want to trade either of them.

Nabrules

Nov 5, 2018
@tnfrs @Nabrules @GodKingMichkov
It's interesting to look at the standings in 2014-15 and compare them to 2015-16. The first was the McDavid year and teams were deliberately tanking, so the worst team had 54 points and the fifth worst had 71 points. The year after, owners and execs decided to make their teams more competitive since they just tanked, and points went up in 2015-16. In 2016, the worst team finished with 69 points and the 3rd worst team had 75 pts. This happened even though Matthews was there

The same thing might be happening right now. Teams just tanked for Bedard and owners and execs are trying to become more competitive. Chicago added Bedard, Hall, and a full year of Reichel. Columbus added Fantilli, Provorov, Severson, maybe Jiricek. Anaheim added Carlsson, Killorn, Gudas, Hagg. Montreal added Newhook, Petry, Slafkovsky will improve. Coyotes added Cooley, Durzi, Dumba, and Moser could have more impact.

The only teams who are NOT trying to improve are San Jose and Philadelphia. I'm pretty convinced the same thing is going to happen. The Flyers didn't try to tank and still got 75 points last year. Now we're actually subtracting. Couturier will likely be a shell of himself and I will not be surprised to see more trades. Even if we have the same number of points and get 75 points again, we could still finish 3rd worst. If we do worse, well.. maybe 2nd worst. It'll probably be hard to be worse than San Jose
I definitely hope you’re right and there’s a chance this happens! I agree most of the teams 1-6 in last years draft will be better than they were last season, but I still think they won’t be as “good” as we were last year.

Reactions: Unger9

tnfrs

Jul 19, 2023
I definitely hope you’re right and there’s a chance this happens! I agree most of the teams 1-6 in last years draft will be better than they were last season, but I still think they won’t be as “good” as we were last year.
columbus is going to be interesting, theyve made some huge adds on defense and fantili is going to adjust real fast to the NHL, i think chicago and montreal, maybe arizona have all improvedenough but columbus has babcock which is basically torts if he talked slower so they stand out as a team that probably skips us

Unger9

Sep 7, 2016
Kitchener, ON
columbus is going to be interesting, theyve made some huge adds on defense and fantili is going to adjust real fast to the NHL, i think chicago and montreal, maybe arizona have all improvedenough but columbus has babcock which is basically torts if he talked slower so they stand out as a team that probably skips us
Columbus will not be a bottom 5 team and you can take that to the bank. They had a huge off-season, and their bad season was largely due to injuries

Reactions: Guadana and tnfrs

tnfrs

Jul 19, 2023
Columbus will not be a bottom 5 team and you can take that to the bank. They had a huge off-season, and their bad season was largely due to injuries
true about the injuries ya, u have a point because on paper that roster was still solid, thats another 1st round pick i wouldnt trade cutter for lol in this draft

tnfrs

Jul 19, 2023
Could be Celebrini… ;)
it could be, but its more likely its not if its arizona's pick. they wont be bottom 2 this year. and i know im in the minority but i think this draft class top 3 might have 2023 hype building it up, not saying theyre not gonna be NHLers but i dont know if theyre elite, and I say the same about the defense theres some really promising guys but I dont know if this draft class has a bonfide stud

Nabrules

Nov 5, 2018
You’re right, CBJ is the one main exception, they should be substantially better and ahead of Philly in the standings

Unger9

Sep 7, 2016
Kitchener, ON
I even expect Arizona to be comfortably ahead of Flyers. Gudas and Hagg will help stabilize Anaheim's defense significantly.. then they have Killorn and Carlsson to help Zegras and Terry.

To me, the worst teams should be San Jose, Philadelphia, Chicago, and Montreal.. kind of in that order

Reactions: SlafySZN and tnfrs

Fly0rDie

Jun 11, 2016
I even expect Arizona to be comfortably ahead of Flyers. Gudas and Hagg will help stabilize Anaheim's defense significantly.. then they have Killorn and Carlsson to help Zegras and Terry.

To me, the worst teams should be San Jose, Philadelphia, Chicago, and Montreal.. kind of in that order
Getting one of Celebrini, Eiserman, Demidiov or Levshunov would be fantastic… It Couturier and Atkinson are mostly back to form upon their return, I’m a little worried that they, along with guys like TK and Hart might push them more into that 6-8 range again though.

Reactions: Unger9 and Guadana

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Getting one of Celebrini, Eiserman, Demidiov or Levshunov would be fantastic… It Couturier and Atkinson are mostly back to form upon their return, I’m a little worried that they, along with guys like TK and Hart might push them more into that 6-8 range again though.
Maybe the Flyers get lucky again and a future superstar falls into their lap like at the Michkov draft?

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
Maybe the Flyers get lucky again and a future superstar falls into their lap like at the Michkov draft?
First off, your username is great. Second, if they get another super star in the next two drafts they become the most exciting young team to watch in a few years, pray for the Flyers! Tbh it's good for the league when the Flyers are interesting.

Reactions: Fatass and tnfrs

Alex K

Apr 20, 2016
Earth
Also, dunno if I agree about Philly being 3 months into their rebuild - they were even worse in 2021/22 than 2022/23, and fairly bad in 2020/21 too. I’d say they’re more like ~2 years in. Or at least 1 year in - you could argue they were trying to be good in 2021/22, just failed, but IMO they didn’t really try to field a competitive roster in 2022/23.
Those were years, when Fletcher tried his ass off to make a competitive team. He's not good at his job as you can see)

tnfrs

Jul 19, 2023
First off, your username is great. Second, if they get another super star in the next two drafts they become the most exciting young team to watch in a few years, pray for the Flyers! Tbh it's good for the league when the Flyers are interesting.
If the Flyers do nothing else this year except resign guys like Tippett and Frost and ship out guys like Atkinson if hes healthy at the deadline maybe get some late picks for Staal or Walker, Flyers should be able to finish bottom 5 without making any major moves. Then next season theres probably 5 or 6 rosters spots open including if Gauthier signs, and if all they do is plug those holes with prospects already in the system then 2025 we should finish at the very bottom just by lack of experience. As long as Danny doesnt jump the gun and start signing outside players to longer term deals we should be okay, its not unrealistic to think we can add a top 6 forward and possibly a future top pair D, the defense in this draft are deep enough we should be able to find a couple guys who can play top 4 or top 2 in the future, even if we finish outside the bottom 5, people will probably hype up the offensive guys like Hutson and Parekh and we can probably walk away with Sam Dickinson or Adam Jiricek

tnfrs

Jul 19, 2023
I’m not suggesting AZ gets Philly’s pick. :) - if the flyers have both picks it’s two kicks at the can.
I wouldnt risk it, if Arizona finishes above Philly then we have 2 picks and no cutters and there might not be another cutter after the top 3-5 then Arizona has all the cutters

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad