C Connor McDavid - Erie Otters, OHL (2015 Draft) VI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
I doubt he has much team success. The Oilers are worst than an expansion team.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
I am just glad the leafs didn't get it :). Glad we have a franchise center in Eichel to fall back on. You?

Strome, Marner? Little too early to be showing off your dick don't ya think?

Benedict Kovalchuk

Kovalchuk: A spy?
Jul 19, 2011
CASCADIA NOW
I'm a little disappointed honestly. Especially after his interview with McKenzie, where he pretty much said that he'd be excited to go to any team.

What did you expect him to say? "I hope anybody but Edmonton(or insert whatever team) drafts me"? Hockey media in Canada would start with a narrative on his character from the start of his career to the very end.

It's hard to blame him for him being bummed just like it's hard to talk about Edmonton as an exciting, up and coming team without mentioning the elephant in the room: they are run absolutely abysmally. Would you be excited to go to a team whose GM, just days after the season ended, has written off the next season already as "another developmental year"?

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
What did you expect him to say? "I hope anybody but Edmonton(or insert whatever team) drafts me"? Hockey media in Canada would start with a narrative on his character from the start of his career to the very end.

It's hard to blame him for him being bummed just like it's hard to talk about Edmonton as an exciting, up and coming team without mentioning the elephant in the room: they are run absolutely abysmally. Would you be excited to go to a team whose GM, just days after the season ended, has written off the next season already as "another developmental year"?

Ya I think that's changed now

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
As a Flames fan I'm so pumped about this, he's going to make Monahan and Bennett that much better by going head to head against him. Plus seeing that kind of hockey between our 2 clubs is going to be amazing.

Yes he's just as likely to be a generational player, saying otherwise is just pure hate. Congrats Oilers, can't wait to kick his butt ;)

Skipee

Mar 27, 2010
Kid is busted before he even has a chance. Just like Hall has been ruined with the culture of losing in Edmonton, Oileritis will soon infect McJesus and turn him into a very average center. If he's playing for the Oilers next year as an 18 year old....LOL. That's going to be just awful for him and completely stunt his development.

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
I feel bad for McDavid.

I guess you felt bad for Yzerman when he was drafted by Detroit, right? Our team was a toxic craphole at that point.

I'm seeing a lot of posts by fans of teams that seriously have no room to talk. Especially Toronto fans. Someone remind me when the leafs transformed from joke organization to gold standard for success. I must of been in a coma the last thirty years and missed that.

Either a player is going to be a ge.generational talent or they aren't. Yzerman scored 155 pts with **** qll for talent around him. If McDavid is as good as people were claiming little over an hour ago he'll be just fine..

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Hall has done incredibly well, and RNH is developing more and more into a legit top line C. He'll be a great 2nd line C now, I guess (unless McD takes that role, but whatever).

I think he'll be fine. The Pens sucked for years before Mario. Detroit sucked for years before Yzerman. Those players turns out pretty decent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad