C Connor McDavid - Erie Otters, OHL (2015 Draft) VI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
I wonder if him going to Edmonton will be used as a taunt in his next playoff match. :laugh:

I can't get down on their fanbase, they've suffered a lot, but I can't believe the organization is going to come out of this like thieves once more.

KGL

Auston 3:16
Sep 5, 2014
I'm guessing he will be somewhere between Gretzky and Daigle. Hopefully closer to Gretzky but we'll have to wait and see.

Somewhere between a bust and the greatest player of all time. Wow, that's a bold prediction. :laugh::sarcasm:

requiredusername

Apr 9, 2015
The real irony is that this means it is ANOTHER year the Oilers fail to address defense and goaltending.

While they have McDavid, Hall, RNH, Yak, Eberle, Pouliot, Draisaitl as forwards the lack of defense and goaltending means a LOT of 5-3 losses.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Injuries are going to plague his career, because they never address them properly and continue to rush players back. Just look at what they did for poor Ladislav Smid.

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
That doesn't make the other picks busts. They're still 23, 22, and 21.

I didnt say they were busts. But the Oilers would have better off not rushing RNH and Yakupov right off the bat. They look like theyre regressing from their rookie seasons.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
If he was going to be generational he still will. IMO a player of that kind of talent transcends "mishandling".

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
The real irony is that this means it is ANOTHER year the Oilers fail to address defense and goaltending.

While they have McDavid, Hall, RNH, Yak, Eberle, Pouliot, Draisaitl as forwards the lack of defense and goaltending means a LOT of 5-3 losses.

This is a game changer Guys are going o start coming to Edmonton

doubledown99

May 21, 2009
McDavid is going into a great situation from a player standpoint. He will have Nuge sheltering him and taking on the tough assignments. In the D zone Gordon will get that assignment. He will also likely get Hall as a winger. He will get easy matchups and a star winger to play with. The thing he needs is D that can transition the puck (which presently he won't have). If Oiler can address that than it should be a great situation for him

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
Actually, they've pretty much ruined Yakupov. Hall had an anomaly of a season this year so I won't count him, but RNH was rushed. Yakupov could've been so much more if Eakins didn't **** him up.

Not too many #1's are sent back to the minors. And no a 21 year old is not ruined. He showed notable progress under Nelson and we're hoping he continues to progress.

I didnt say they were busts. But the Oilers would have better off not rushing RNH and Yakupov right off the bat. They look like theyre regressing from their rookie seasons.

RNH hasn't regressed. If you think he has, then you evidently haven't actually WATCHED him and are basing this off of stats. Yakupov has regressed, but is back to the form he was at pre-eakins.

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
Not too many #1's are sent back to the minors. And no a 21 year old is not ruined. He showed notable progress under Nelson and we're hoping he continues to progress.

RNH hasn't regressed. If you think he has, then you evidently haven't actually WATCHED him and are basing this off of stats. Yakupov has regressed, but is back to the form he was at pre-eakins.

I have watched him. I dont he'll become a better Center than Mikko Koivu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad