C Connor McDavid - Erie Otters, OHL (2015 Draft) VI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

KidLine93

May 15, 2012
If Mcdaivd can't succeed here. no one can.

Which means we didn't screw up by not picking Seguin, Landeskog, or Murray.

HfBoards will have to admit either our management is the issue or we drafted the wrong guys. Can't be both if McDavid doesn't pan out

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
He'll have better wingers to play with than what Crosby had to play with.

Just find us a few d-men and then we'll win hockey games while scoring a ton.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
theres no doubt in my mind he will still become one even with a sad sack of a franchise in the Edmonton Oilers.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
We'll see, although I expect by the end of the summer when people will rank recent first overall picks McDavid (even though he wont have played a game yet) will be near the bottom, when a week ago he would have been on the top of every single persons list.

OutForMilk

Feb 25, 2010
location, location

HfBoards will have to admit either our management is the issue or we drafted the wrong guys. Can't be both if McDavid doesn't pan out

the management IS the issue. Is there really any doubt of that?

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
There were two teams who lost more than Edmonton, if he had gone to them, would he have lost the generational talent label too ? Kind of a stupid thread.

Tavares is a main reason the Islanders turned around, they finished last, won the lottery, and got him. Most experts say McDavid is an even better talent than Tavares. Edmonton is gonna be an exciting team to watch.
The Islanders also drafted blueliners and developed them (and traded for a couple more). The Islanders also didn't finish last nearly as many times as Edmonton and end up with next to zero progress as a result.

Is it possible McDavid will turn them around? Sure. Is it likely? Meh. I'll believe it when I see it.

* * *​

It's certainly possible to do both, actually. You can pick someone who would have been right if you'd only developed him properly. :) For example, I doubt Johansen would be doing as well as he is now if he'd ended up over there.

Not that I think the Oilers "picked the wrong guys" or anything; just that it's still possible to screw that up.
Unless you count that as "management is the issue", anyways. Which is probably fair.

Vikingstad

**** the King
May 1, 2011
Vancouver
Remind me, how many number one picks has Edmonton ruined?

None?

Hall is a top flight winger in the NHL
Nuge has progressed slower, but he's right up there with Landeskog for best player of his draft, I think Nuge is better
Yakupov is the only one who has regressed, and even then, after firing eakins, hes been just as good as Galchenyuk/Huberdeau

Dont relate the Oilers to sucking with them ruining the #1 picks. Those guys try, its the rest of the team thats generally incompetent. Lack of depth, defense and goaltending.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Worse than Carolina?
Yes. He would be the guy who turns Carolina's attendance around.

In Edmonton he's just going to be Connor "4th time's a charm" McDavid.

It's not McDavid's personality to want to go to a team like Edmonton over a team where he would really matter. McDavid in Edmonton was the worst result the league could have gotten out of the bottom 10 or so teams. And it's probably the worst fit for him.

jwhouk

Former Cheesehead, Always a Preds Fan
Apr 19, 2004
Valley of the Sun
jwhouk.net
CC6nHgTUgAAQ7SF.jpg

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
he was fighting tears, man that sucks for him. Hopefully he comes to TO when he's a ufa

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Canadians are the most passionate about hockey but boy do they really **** on their teams.

Toronto and Edmonton within the last 15 years have a conference finals and SCF appearance.

But people here say they are steaming pile of **** and are terrible career-ruining franchises.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
from the team who ruined Mackinnon

Hall: PPG player with no D, could have been better, but still very good.
RNH: Could have been better
Yakupov: Just a disaster

Mackinnon: Wins Calder trophy with most points since Kane, sidelined for over 1/4 of the next season with foot injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad