C Connor McDavid - Erie Otters, OHL (2015 Draft) VI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Personally, he'll probably still do well. In terms of achievements that need team involvement, tho, he's probably doomed. See: Mats Sundin.

Shwaguy*

He'll be good but he's never winning a cup as long as he stays there

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
at the start of the rebuild, we had almost no talent in the NHL or AHL. Hall had to suffer that. McDavid doesn't have that cross to bear. He's got it better here than in any of the other major lottery contenders.

oilersfan87

Jan 18, 2009
I'm guessing he will be somewhere between Gretzky and Daigle. Hopefully closer to Gretzky but we'll have to wait and see.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
at the start of the rebuild, we had almost no talent in the NHL or AHL. Hall had to suffer that. McDavid doesn't have that cross to bear. He's got it better here than in any of the other major lottery contenders.

Arizona maybe. But at least it's warm there.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I his interview with Strombo he looked like a kid worried his career was just submarined.

"I so excited....I just need to gather my thoughts"

Poor kid. It's like his hockey career has been kidnapped. :help:

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Unlike Hall/RNH/Eberle, McDavid is walking into a situation where the Oilers also have drafted Nurse and Klefbom, two promising d-men to go with just all flash upfront. And they have Draisaitl for even greater center depth.

If McDavid is the real deal, he will make it work, that is a lot of talent to work with.

McXLNC97

Mar 20, 2007
B.C.
I his interview with Strombo he looked like a kid worried his career was just submarined.

He will be fine...Mario refused to even put on the Pens jersey on draft day, finished his career with the Pens.

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011

He probably wanted to play for Toronto or Buffalo. I don't think his career prospects should change at all

scott99

May 13, 2005
There were two teams who lost more than Edmonton, if he had gone to them, would he have lost the generational talent label too ? Kind of a stupid thread.

Tavares is a main reason the Islanders turned around, they finished last, won the lottery, and got him. Most experts say McDavid is an even better talent than Tavares. Edmonton is gonna be an exciting team to watch.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
There were two teams who lost more than Edmonton, if he had gone to them, would he have lost the generational talent label too ? Kind of a stupid thread.

Tavares is a main reason the Islanders turned around, they finished last, won the lottery, and got him. Most experts say McDavid is an even better talent than Tavares. Edmonton is gonna be an exciting team to watch.

It's the Oiler hate. It's to be expected.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006

Remind me, how many number one picks has Edmonton ruined?

dustybreaks

Dec 31, 2012

Do the Oilers still employ their current management regime.

Well then.

Hemi-Cuda

Jun 28, 2006
Calgary

The Islanders still sucked with Tavares until they finally fixed their goaltending and defense, something the Oilers have shown incapable of doing

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
A lot of salt right now but McDavid definitely has a lot more talent to play with in Edmonton compared to places like Buffalo, Toronto, or Arizona.

Depending on what the Oilers do with their defense and goaltending this year, McDavid could put up amazing numbers and actually turn this ship around. He'll most likely be playing a lot with Hall on his wing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad