C Connor McDavid - Erie Otters, OHL (2015 Draft) VI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Is it just me or did it look like Connor was about to cry when he found out he was going to Edmonton?

Congrats to the Oilers though, hopefully Connor is what can help finally turn that franchise around.

nikyc

Nov 16, 2011
Congrat's to the OILERS. Buffalo, phnix and TO all sand bagged and didn't deserve the 1st overall pick.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Is it just me or did it look like Connor was about to cry when he found out he was going to Edmonton?

Congrats to the Oilers though, hopefully Connor is what can help finally turn that franchise around.

McDavid is clearly a Toronto guy. So either the Leafs or Sabres were probably highest on his list due to location.

Now he has to go to a bottom-feeder team in the West far away from his family where he'll get crushed night after night from all those tough teams.

Asidas

Jun 15, 2014
vancouver
i feel bad for the kid. put right in the spotlight after hearing something so crushing for him.

Probably had dreams of playing elsewhere. ****** of sportsnet to put him on camera immediately right after. So stupid!!

Oh well. Good luck oilers. If you guys can land lucic and add some proper depth on D. They could be a scary team in next few years.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
words cannot express how angry I am right now given the issues with Edmonton and Erie right now

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Will McDavid Still be a Generational Player?

I would think the odds have gone down.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Couldn't help but feel bad for the kid there. Probably his last choice. Still, would have been nice if he had shown a bit more excitement, fake or not.

Macblender

May 5, 2014
words cannot express how angry I am right now given the issues with Edmonton and Erie right now

Why the owner took a 4 million dollar loan from Katz to buy out the other owners and was supposed to sell to Katz and he ended up not paying back the loan which is on him.

Anyways I see it as:

Pouliot-RNH-Eberle
Hall-McDavid-Yak
Roy/xxx-Lander-Purcell

spacemunky

Jan 20, 2013
Ontario Canada
I kept joking to a friend that McDavid will be the next RNH. Now we will see.

Edit: I'm not insulting Nuge, he's a terrific player but people are expecting McJesus.

XO

Nov 4, 2009
He's the hero Edmonton doesn't deserve, but the one it needs right now.

Rayzorexe

Meh..
Dec 29, 2009
Toronto, ON
McDavid at the very least is Taylor Hall level imo. Unless Edmonton something with their Management and fix their goaltending and defense, I can't see them turning a corner until then.

Bullseyes

Aug 16, 2013
If he's as good as he's supposed to be, being drafted by Edmonton shouldn't change the fact that he'll be a generational talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad