C Connor McDavid - Erie Otters, OHL (2015 Draft) VI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
I predict McDavid will be one of the most hated players in the NHL. Virtually all the fans in the pacific division will hate his guts, more than the Rangers and Flyers hate Crosby.

It's sad, but it's true.

They won't hate him b/c of the why he plays, or due to his off-ice persona. They will hate him b/c he is an Oiler.

Teams in the Pacific have no reason to hate the Oilers.

McBaevid

Lottery Dynasty
Oct 3, 2010
Edmonton, AB
I predict McDavid will be one of the most hated players in the NHL. Virtually all the fans in the pacific division will hate his guts, more than the Rangers and Flyers hate Crosby.

It's sad, but it's true.

They won't hate him b/c of the why he plays, or due to his off-ice persona. They will hate him b/c he is an Oiler.

Flames and Canucks will hate McDavid for being an Oiler, Coyotes fans too cause they lost the lottery but The Cali teams probably dont give a ****

Eirhead*

sticker,375x360.u2.png

CanadianHockey

Smith - Alfie
Jul 3, 2009
Petawawa
twitter.com
Actually, they've pretty much ruined Yakupov. Hall had an anomaly of a season this year so I won't count him, but RNH was rushed. Yakupov could've been so much more if Eakins didn't **** him up.

Yakupov is 21. Premature to say they've ruined him, especially considering his play picked up once Eakins was axed.

BakedBuffalo

**** run 4 Chychrun
Oct 29, 2014
Buffalo, NY
He legit looked devastated for a little bit there. Not trying to **** on Oilers fans or anything, just saying, definitely didn't look over-joyed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Countryjunkie

Oct 17, 2014
I can't wait for the leafs to take crouse :laugh:

You're laughing at the thought of the Leafs drafting one of the best power forwards available in a very deep draft. Are you kidding me? :laugh:

I'd be very happy with Crouse thanks.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
He legit looked devastated for a little bit there. Not trying to **** on Oilers fans or anything, just saying, definitely didn't look over-joyed.

I think he would have been devastated for any team other then the Leafs. He handled it well though and he'll get over it. Which is unfortunate for teams in the West because the Oilers might actually start becoming good in spite of the awful management there.

KidLine93

May 15, 2012
Hall: PPG player with no D, could have been better, but still very good.
RNH: Could have been better
Yakupov: Just a disaster

Mackinnon: Wins Calder trophy with most points since Kane, sidelined for over 1/4 of the next season with foot injury.

Hall/RNH both had injuries as well.

RNH's rookie season was great as was Mackinnon

Mackinnon got passed by Monahan this year. for a guy avs fans called generational, he doesn't look like the best forward from his own draft class at the moment

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
If anyone could ruin him, it's the Oilers, but I think he's just too good to be ruined. He'll be a generational player, and will be good enough to lift that garbage team out of the gutter, though they'll need better management and coaching to eventually compete for cups.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008

I think he would have been devastated for any team other then the Leafs. He handled it well though and he'll get over it. Which is unfortunate for teams in the West because the Oilers might actually start becoming good in spite of the awful management there.

I tend to agree that his reaction was more in response to where he wasn't going, versus where he will be going. The ensuing interview seemed sombre, but he's trained by his agent to not talk about specifics, much like how MacT handled his interview with Freidman, telling EF that he wouldn't announce who he's taking out of respect for the process, despite the obviousness.

He'll be surrounded by a ton of skilled players and will be playing in front of a packed house every night, soon to be a brand new arena. There are worse fates.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
I kept joking to a friend that McDavid will be the next RNH. Now we will see.

Edit: I'm not insulting Nuge, he's a terrific player but people are expecting McJesus.

I would LOVE for another RNH. Awesome two way player now (wheras Hall doesn't even sniff our PK). Instead we have Roy as our 2C.

Halfy

yes its Jack from MVP
Jul 23, 2013
Canada
I tend to agree that his reaction was more in response to where he wasn't going, versus where he will be going. The ensuing interview seemed sombre, but he's trained by his agent to not talk about specifics, much like how MacT handled his interview with Freidman, telling EF that he wouldn't announce who he's taking out of respect for the process, despite the obviousness.

He'll be surrounded by a ton of skilled players and will be playing in front of a packed house every night, soon to be a brand new arena. There are worse fates.

Hall on his wing will help with the "pain".

Gretzky-Kurri = McDavid/Hall

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
I have watched him. I dont he'll become a better Center than Mikko Koivu.

What's wrong with Mikko? He's an awesome player. Besides, RNH already has scored MORE goals this season (24G) than Koivu's peak (22G) and Nuge is a pretty solid two way player now.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Great players don't wait/wish for greatness to come to them. They seize it.

If McDavid is worth the hype then he will do the same. If he can't then he wasn't worth the hype in the first place.

As for the reaction, Connor should know another generational center from Ontario had a lot of success in Edmonton. In fact, I suspect Gretzky will be the person the Oilers send to the draft to make the selection.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Mackinnon got passed by Monahan this year. for a guy avs fans called generational, he doesn't look like the best forward from his own draft class at the moment

1+

Monahan is looking like the best in his draft so far... Eichel could be the best too... but odds favour McDavid like it did for MacK.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
Hey Edmonton fans, how does it feel to see McDavid look so dejected to know he's going to your town? I'm honestly curious.

I honestly couldn't care less. And he looked happier in later interviews anyways.

From an Oilers fan perspective, I'm just happy beyond words we got him. :handclap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad