C Connor McDavid - Erie Otters, OHL (2015 Draft) VI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
What did you expect him to say? "I hope anybody but Edmonton(or insert whatever team) drafts me"? Hockey media in Canada would start with a narrative on his character from the start of his career to the very end.

It's hard to blame him for him being bummed just like it's hard to talk about Edmonton as an exciting, up and coming team without mentioning the elephant in the room: they are run absolutely abysmally. Would you be excited to go to a team whose GM, just days after the season ended, has written off the next season already as "another developmental year"?

Its not what he said, its how he said it.

source

Jul 13, 2008
Yes, and Edmonton will still be bad unless other things change dramatically.

One player doesn't make a team, and Edmonton are unlucky to have drafted so much garbage in the 1st round recently.

FoppaForsberg*

No, Edmonton is just a pathetic Organization that taints everyone that plays for them.

AWSAA

Sep 8, 2003
Of course he'll be fine. Edmonton has more talent to surround him with than any of the other bottom 5 teams did. Unlike their three previous #1s McDavid can lure a top level coach, possibly a few FAs/Cup chasers down the road.

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
I have watched him. He'll be a solid #2C.

Behind McDavid, yeah that's probably the role he'll be playing. But RNH is certainly a #1B Centre right now, and he's showed massive improvement this season.

JA

The Edmonton Oilers have secured Connor McDavid. I believe it's now time for them to find new management. Complete the rebirth of the franchise.

JacketsFanWest

Jun 14, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
I grew up a Quebec Nordique fan in the 90s and the Oilers have the same type of talent and string of top draft picks.

I think that did ultimately hurt the careers of some of the Nords top picks (especially Owen Nolan) playing that they had their early years struggling on a team and never properly developing. Had it not been for the Lindros trade, the Nords may never have been successful. If Lindros had actually played for the Nords, he wouldn't have turned things around either since there were so many other things wrong. They just would have lost scoring a lot of goals.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
I grew up a Quebec Nordique fan in the 90s and the Oilers have the same type of talent and string of top draft picks.

I think that did ultimately hurt the careers of some of the Nords top picks (especially Owen Nolan) playing that they had their early years struggling on a team and never properly developing. Had it not been for the Lindros trade, the Nords may never have been successful. If Lindros had actually played for the Nords, he wouldn't have turned things around either since there were so many other things wrong. They just would have lost scoring a lot of goals.

Fantastic post.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
He'll be fine, this whining is getting out of control

Pittsburgh sucked with their top-5 picks and they had 2 generational talents instead of one

JA

#97 CONNOR MCDAVID

644x947McDavid.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

SAK11

Oct 4, 2011
Going to the Oilers will not ruin him at all. People really think playing with players as talented as Hall and Eberle will hurt him, or learning from and being helped by RNH who was in his shoes 4-5 years ago won't do him any good?
Maybe his defensive game will be lacking, but that's the case with many young players. He'll put up impressive point totals right from the get go. If you've ever seen him play, or seen these young Oilers forwards play, you'd have this same belief. RNH had very little help as far as point producing centres on Edmonton went last year, but now he has McDavid and McDavid has him to take pressure off each other.

The Oilers still need to improve in a lot of areas, but so did Pittsburgh when they first got Crosby and Washington when they got Ovechkin. These types of generational players can produce even in tough situations. And the goal isn't to win the cup and have him as an MVP as an 18 year old, so there's no rush.

discordant concord

Jan 13, 2010
Temples of Syrinx
I predict McDavid will be one of the most hated players in the NHL. Virtually all the fans in the pacific division will hate his guts, more than the Rangers and Flyers hate Crosby.

It's sad, but it's true.

They won't hate him b/c of the why he plays, or due to his off-ice persona. They will hate him b/c he is an Oiler.

McBaevid

Lottery Dynasty
Oct 3, 2010
Edmonton, AB
Hey Edmonton fans, how does it feel to see McDavid look so dejected to know he's going to your town? I'm honestly curious.

He'll get over it, to be honest, most players would probably feel the same way if they knew they were coming here, I know I would and Im a fan of the team.
McDavid has the potential to lead to Massive changes in Edmonton, not just on the roster but the management and the entire city as a whole.

FoppaForsberg*

He'll be fine, this whining is getting out of control

Pittsburgh sucked with their top-5 picks and they had 2 generational talents instead of one

Except Pittsburgh never employed idiots like Lowe, MacTavish, Katz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad