C Connor McDavid (2015, 1st, EDM) VII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ozzie

Aug 3, 2005
Australia
Never out until you lose at home, isn't that how it goes?

Close game, going to be a tough series. Hopefully McDavid can carry the team again.

As for Strome, Good or bad, not sure but he reminds me of lesser version of

Jason Allison

Honestly, it amazes me he was potentially a number 3 pick, but now? his stock is dropping big time. He is so slow out there, but he can make some players just not at high speed.

Bronson

Apr 5, 2007
[QUOTEiter;102372091][/B]

That would be correct. Gretzky wasn't considered a rookie because of his year in the WHA even though it was his rookie NHL season. Pretty stupid decision by the NHL...but that's the NHL norm. stupid decisions everywhere you turn. But let's award a 31 year old Sergei Makarov the ROY in 89-90. laughable.[/QUOTE]

Abloo abloo

Rebuilt

Jun 8, 2014
Tampa
Nope. Mcdavid was on the ice for Both of Cassels goals, while Cassels was only the ice for one of Mcdavids lines goals.

How did McDavid have 2 points and end up a plus 2 but he was on the ice for Cassels goals? I guess Mc David was on the ice for all the Erie goals for?

Red

Dec 14, 2002
VanCity
Visit site
How did McDavid have 2 points and end up a plus 2 but he was on the ice for Cassels goals? I guess Mc David was on the ice for all the Erie goals for?

McDavid finished with a +1. He was on the ice for 3 Erie goals for, on ice for 2 Oshawa goals against (all even strength).

What the other guy meant was when McDavid got his points, Cassels was only on the ice for the goal (not the assist). McDavid was on the ice both time Cassels scored. Not sure what the point of that was but that's what he meant.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
McDavid finished with a +1. He was on the ice for 3 Erie goals for, on ice for 2 Oshawa goals against (all even strength).

What the other guy meant was when McDavid got his points, Cassels was only on the ice for the goal (not the assist). McDavid was on the ice both time Cassels scored. Not sure what the point of that was but that's what he meant.

I was just referring to another guy who says McDavid is dominating against the Cassels line.

Which isn't the case as he only has 3 points in 3 games.

phrenssoa

Nov 21, 2014
Winnipeg
Do you have a source for these 'insiders' because with all due respect anyone can say that.

Secondly, as a minor playing junior hockey, the coach cant have the guy playing injured to some degree it could hurt his growth or damage his career. Its not the same as grown men making their own decisions in the NHL.

Just think of it as a possibility... You don't need to be convinced one way or another, but there's reason to believe Strome is playing injured. People with supposedly good sources within the Otters organization have said as much, and I doubt they'd make that up out of thin air.

Hynh

Jun 19, 2012

If you look at the boxscore Cassels' second goal was on the PP (Raddysh in the box at 16:31 of the 3rd, goal scored at 18:08 of the 3rd, only 4 skaters listed on the ice for Erie). McDavid will finish the night at +2

ozzie

Aug 3, 2005
Australia
I haven't seen that ability to perform at top end speed, since Pavel Bure. He just does everything so fast when he is going fast.

Mount Kramer Cameras

Jul 15, 2014
I dread to think what a McDavid and Hall combination is going to be capable of. I understand that they might want to spread out the talent but if they do it... my word

Topkatz

Jul 23, 2010
I dread to think what a McDavid and Hall combination is going to be capable of. I understand that they might want to spread out the talent but if they do it... my word

Hall - McDavid - ???

Pouliot - RNH - Eberle

Lander - Draisaitl - Yakupov

It's not the offense the Oilers need to worry about this offseason lol

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC

Blues88

Apr 27, 2009
St. Louis
What's this kid's shot quality like? Does he have a considerable release? A wrist/snap shot that can beat NHL goalies? Good selection, accuracy?

I haven't seen him play much at all. Seems like he just dances it in and goes five hole when need be. Very Toews-ish, which is awesome.

Thanks.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Yes and no. Gretzky and Marcel Dionne finished tied for the scoring title with 137 points apiece during Gretzky's rookie year but Dionne was given the Art Ross because he had two more goals.

Technically, Gretzky wasn't a rookie.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
I was just referring to another guy who says McDavid is dominating against the Cassels line.

Which isn't the case as he only has 3 points in 3 games.

Its not really the case of just Cassels up against him, its 3 players triple teaming Mcdavid. That is the major factor

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
What's this kid's shot quality like? Does he have a considerable release? A wrist/snap shot that can beat NHL goalies? Good selection, accuracy?

I haven't seen him play much at all. Seems like he just dances it in and goes five hole when need be. Very Toews-ish, which is awesome.

Thanks.

TBH, his shot is pretty average. That's by far his biggest weakness.

Future

Feb 8, 2011
Ontario
He isn't even the best skater in the draft, according to some around here... (not me)

Man, whoever says McDavid isn't the best skater in the draft has no clue what they're talking about.

Never seen a player so good with his edges and accelerate to top speed as quick as McDavid. Doesn't look like he has a powerful stride because he looks like he's just flying around on the ice.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
I haven't seen that ability to perform at top end speed, since Pavel Bure. He just does everything so fast when he is going fast.

There was another player who could skate on full speed and shoot the puck during his prime. Peter Bondra.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad