C Connor McDavid (2015, 1st, EDM) VII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Is Connor McDavid going to be the best skater in the NHL heading into the 2015-2016 season?

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Is Connor McDavid going to be the best skater in the NHL heading into the 2015-2016 season?

Probaly. Could already be the best right now. Also has a full offseason to get even better skating

AD1066

Sep 30, 2011
Nice assist by McDavid there. Escaped the defender in the corner and accelerated behind the net before floating a backhand pass to Elie.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
His stock surely has dropped, however not enough to be picked later than #6 in my opinion. The gap between the top 2, then top 4, then the rest is pretty big.

McDavid
Eichel
Hanifin
Marner
Crouse/Strome
Provorov/Werenski/Zacha

That's how I am seeing it. I think Marner will be picked before Strome almost certainly. After that, I personally would pick Crouse and Provorov, maybe even Werenski before Strome.

Watching him play really bothers me. He's just too slow and could become useless at the NHL level. Or he could become a Thornton type player.

So Strome is either going to be Thornton or Gagner?

Rebuilt

Jun 8, 2014
Tampa
Strome is not injured. Go look at the film of his skating when he was scoring. Its the exact same.

He is just over rated. He showed nothing of a 4th overall draft pick in a deep top 10 last year. All of a sudden his stock skyrockets and now its just coming back down to earth.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
He's got one assist through two periods. Erie is up 2-0. Beautiful backhand saucer pass to Elie.

Looking very good tonight.

ProspectsSTC

Jul 12, 2014
Looks like he just scored to make it 3-0

Edit: That means that in 65 OHL games this season, he has 165 points, 100 above PPG

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
played a good game tonight

seemed like for most of the game Kris Knoblauch was okay with putting his line out there against Mermis-Brown and the Cassels line and they still dominated. Won a lot of puck battles and found more open space, power of home ice I guess.

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco
Strome is not injured. Go look at the film of his skating when he was scoring. Its the exact same.

He is just over rated. He showed nothing of a 4th overall draft pick in a deep top 10 last year. All of a sudden his stock skyrockets and now its just coming back down to earth.

I agree that he was always just as slow and awkward, but that doesn't mean he's not injured. It just means that his injury isn't affecting his speed. It could be something that's affecting him in other ways.

Rebuilt

Jun 8, 2014
Tampa
I agree that he was always just as slow and awkward, but that doesn't mean he's not injured. It just means that his injury isn't affecting his speed. It could be something that's affecting him in other ways.

How bout if he just isnt playing that well? Why does he HAVE to be injured in some way. He looks exactly the same to me.

Im telling you dude, take Marner. He is a 2ppg superstar in the making.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
played a good game tonight

seemed like for most of the game Kris Knoblauch was okay with putting his line out there against Mermis-Brown and the Cassels line and they still dominated. Won a lot of puck battles and found more open space, power of home ice I guess.

Cassels line had 2 goals, and the McDavid line had 2 goals.

Rebuilt

Jun 8, 2014
Tampa
"Insiders" from Erie have insisted that he has an injury we'll find out about once the season's over.

Do you have a source for these 'insiders' because with all due respect anyone can say that.

Secondly, as a minor playing junior hockey, the coach cant have the guy playing injured to some degree it could hurt his growth or damage his career. Its not the same as grown men making their own decisions in the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad