C Connor McDavid (2015, 1st, EDM) VII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebuilt

Jun 8, 2014
Tampa
I told you guys it was just a matter of time before he figured it out and ***** slapped Oshawa too.

Last edited by a moderator:

GuillaumeLetsundress*

Sucks that his team is gonna lose the series. 4 points and still can't win.

Kind of expected, I personally didnt have them beating SSM. A handful of players can only do so much, even though it is only JR hockey

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Crazy how he is the sole focus every time hes on the ice but still putting up 7 points in 4 games versus the best defensive team in the CHL

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
You could put literally any player in the NHL on Erie and they probably wouldn't be the favourites to win the Memorial Cup. The team just doesn't have any depth.
lol what, an experienced nhl player would destroy the chl. If you were to put tyler bozak in the chl he could easily put up 5 plus ppg. Thats ridiculous.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
lol what, an experienced nhl player would destroy the chl. If you were to put tyler bozak in the chl he could easily put up 5 plus ppg. Thats ridiculous.

No he wouldnt? Look at Crosby, 102 points rookie season and 2 ppg player in junior. A physically dominant Jamie Benn could maybe do 3-3.5 ppg, but its still a good league

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

:laugh: :shakehead You could probably count guys in the NHL that could score 5ppg in the CHL over a full season on two hands let alone friggin' Bozak. Crosby sure, Ovie yeah, Bozak? :biglaugh:

BigBen

Dec 5, 2014
4 points and his team loses 6-5... just goes to show how much of a team game it is and how awful Eerie's depth is. Strome scored tonight but he has been absolutely useless. Watch him return next year a struglle putting up 1.5 PPG.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
4 points and his team loses 6-5... just goes to show how much of a team game it is and how awful Eerie's depth is. Strome scored tonight but he has been absolutely useless. Watch him return next year a struglle putting up 1.5 PPG.

He floats WAY too much.

I'm not sure he as developed his game away from the puck.

I mean this is a chance to compete for the Memorial cup, something which countless NHL players wish they got a chance to compete in, and Strome seems very disinterested.

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011

I think someone like Crosby could put up a ridiculous amount of points on the Otters (even more ridiculous than McDavid) and they still wouldn't be Memorial Cup favourites. They don't have enough depth.

You're drastically underestimating McDavid if you think any experienced NHL player would put up 5 plus PPG. McDavid is likely already a top 30 offensive talent in the NHL.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
3 pts to break the record? Should be well within his reach.

The kid is good..the best I've seen since Lindros. 1 game remaining, possibly 2, and then I'll jump on the Oilers bandwagon.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Better player than Crosby. There I said it. Crosby didn't do anything like this in junior. He was a high IQ grinding type player built like a truck and could dominate down low. Crosby lacks the creativity, vision, and passing skill McDavid has. McDavid lacks the strength and shooting ability Crosby has.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
How much shooting ability does McDavid really lack? We just saw him walk out into the high slot covered by two Oshawa players and fired off a wrister that went bar down. As for strength, he's not consistently physically dominate but he hardly get's knocked off of the puck.

Killahpunk

Legend
Jun 29, 2009
Eastern Canada
McDavid now has 21 goals and 49 points in the playoffs, two points shy of the OHL record of 51 shared by Jason Dawe (1993) and Justin Papineau (1999).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad