C Connor McDavid (2015, 1st, EDM) VII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Agreed.

Superstar athletes are generally able to become superstars by combining elite talent with hard work.
One in a generation athletes become generation by combining elite talent, hard work, and absolute dedication to success.

McDavid has that dedication, and the talent and the drive to be successful. Its not surprising that he did academically well in school. The drive he has means he would be successful no matter what he did in life.

I truly believe that dedication and drive and commitment to all aspects of life is what makes a generation player different from just regular "superstars"

He is really the jackpot on and off the ice.

I remember listening to his interview like months before the draft and his character is off the charts. His parents really raised him right.

Buchanan*

Great player, I just see him a step down from Crosby and two steps down from Gretzky.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
Just saw the vid where he wanted to stick around to see his teammate Strome get picked. That's a captain, that's a leader of men. He'll accomplish great things in the game and in life.

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
I wonder if he signs for big money in Toronto when his ELC is up.

"It was really fun to throw on the Oilers gear, the gear I want to play the rest of my life wearing" - Connor McDavid (July 1, 2015)

The Eastern media aptly pointed out that his the angle of his head wavered 2.6 degrees over the course of his statement, so the current prevailing opinion is that McDavid will refuse to sign his ELC and demand a trade to Toronto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad