C Connor McDavid (2015, 1st, EDM) VII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brewsky

King Of The Ice Mugs
Jan 26, 2011
King County
www.brewsky.com
"It was really fun to throw on the Oilers gear, the gear I want to play the rest of my life wearing" - Connor McDavid (July 1, 2015)

The Eastern media aptly pointed out that his the angle of his head wavered 2.6 degrees over the course of his statement, so the current prevailing opinion is that McDavid will refuse to sign his ELC and demand a trade to Toronto.

Where's the interview where he said that? :help:

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
"It was really fun to throw on the Oilers gear, the gear I want to play the rest of my life wearing" - Connor McDavid (July 1, 2015)

The Eastern media aptly pointed out that his the angle of his head wavered 2.6 degrees over the course of his statement, so the current prevailing opinion is that McDavid will refuse to sign his ELC and demand a trade to Toronto.

No one in Toronto gives a damn about McDavid. I dont know why you guys keep mentioning that.

He's an elite prospect but the Leafs are rebuilding themselves and will get plenty of them along the way.

We are two drafts away from having a top pairing set as well as the top six.

We will likely pick 14-16 times in the next draft!

We had bad luck, Oilers had good luck. We have moved on the second after it was announced.

DrDrai

The OG
Jan 28, 2007
Edmonton
tXWvjPt.png

Starbuds

You like muscles?
Mar 28, 2010
No one in Toronto gives a damn about McDavid. I dont know why you guys keep mentioning that.

There is definitely some saltiness in the Toronto media and some of the fans about McDavid being on the Oilers.

Jagemon

Sep 27, 2005
man looks like there aren't many doubts where mcdavid wants to be now. especially surrounded by the young kids he'll feel right at home

While I am fine with McDavid being in Edmonton for life etc. could he really say anything else at this point? I mean it's quite rare that a player just drafted comes out and says "I'm going to leave once I reach UFA". No point in reading too much on that quote imo but I guess some people want some sort of reassuring.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
While I am fine with McDavid being in Edmonton for life etc. could he really say anything else at this point? I mean it's quite rare that a player just drafted comes out and says "I'm going to leave once I reach UFA". No point in reading too much on that quote imo but I guess some people want some sort of reassuring.

Actually, he made the comment unprovoked. So your explanation doesn't really hold any weight.

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011

He's an elite prospect but the Leafs are rebuilding themselves and will get plenty of them along the way.

We had bad luck, Oilers had good luck. We have moved on the second after it was announced.

Still a joke that he went to the Oilers. NHL should be embarrassed.

Hmmm.... only had to wait a few posts.

Auguste McEscoffier

Oct 20, 2009
People use the expression on his face to determine McDavid does not want to be an Oiler and will demand a trade as soon as possible.

McDavid, using his own words, says he wants to be an Oiler for the rest of his life.

The majority of HF would rather side with the first paragraph.

oilz89*

Lol based on some of the youtube videos, some hadn't moved on :laugh:

Well you guys might've, but O'Neil and Ward haven't :laugh::laugh:

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco
Lol based on some of the youtube videos, some hadn't moved on :laugh:

Well you guys might've, but O'Neil and Ward haven't :laugh::laugh:

Don't assume the obnoxious people speak for the whole fanbase. They are small in number but loud in volume. You can tell who the people are who thought 9.5% was a big number. We got a hell of a player at #4 who might be better than the #1 in a lot of drafts, hard to be bitter about that outcome.

cheeeko

Sep 20, 2012
Halifax, NS

I'm in Toronto and I give a damn!

I mean, sure, he's an oiler. I can still dream about him being a leaf.

Also, if the Leafs manage to get a prospect on Connor's level over the course of our rebuild, I will happily eat my shorts.

Like, I'll ******* wolf them down, man.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
I'm in Toronto and I give a damn!

I mean, sure, he's an oiler. I can still dream about him being a leaf.

Also, if the Leafs manage to get a prospect on Connor's level over the course of our rebuild, I will happily eat my shorts.

Like, I'll ******* wolf them down, man.

Sucks that you guys start the process when they alter the odds for the lottery further, but at least there shouldn't be much competition outside of Arizona. In a perfect world, they get Matthews, you guys get Chycrun. Maybe worry about the Sweeney factor, but he'd just go off the board anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad