C Connor McDavid (2015, 1st, EDM) VII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

McMatthews

Sep 12, 2007
Sucks that you guys start the process when they alter the odds for the lottery further, but at least there shouldn't be much competition outside of Arizona. In a perfect world, they get Matthews, you guys get Chycrun. Maybe worry about the Sweeney factor, but he'd just go off the board anyway.

In the perfect world, we get Auston Matthews.

Screw Arizona/Las Vegas.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Still a joke that he went to the Oilers. NHL should be embarrassed.

well... why?? I don't get this.

Edmonton tanked and won it fair and square, I don't think it's fair but it is what it is.

I'm kinda glad he's in Canada.

MilanKraft*

vader-impressive.jpg

Not many players in this league can move like that right now. Much less an 18 year old.

So how many goals?

50? 60? 70? 80? 90? 100?

:amazed:

:shakehead

RazorRamon

Aug 26, 2007
well... why?? I don't get this.

Edmonton tanked and won it fair and square, I don't think it's fair but it is what it is.

I'm kinda glad he's in Canada.
lol.

Anyway, I honestly see a 600+ goal scorer in him. And 1300+ points.

cheeeko

Sep 20, 2012
Halifax, NS
The chapter on Connor and "exceptional" players in Bobby Mac's book is fantastic. The story of Connor growing up with the talent he has, dealing with jealousy and praise, envy and love.

He's had a long road here, as all kids do. He truly seems like a good young man, who just wants to win.

He's dealt with pressure his whole life.

He says he hates nothing more than people who think they are better than others. He's a great role model.

Everybody should check out that chapter.

Good luck to Connor and the Oilers! He's going to be one of the greats.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
FYI, Monday is EDM's 4v4 scrimmage:
On the final day of Orientation Camp, the prospects will face off in the Billy Moores Cup, an annual four-on-four intrasquad game, which will take place on Monday, July 6th at 6:30 p.m. at Rexall Place. Admission is free, however fans are encouraged to donate onsite to the Edmonton Oilers Community Foundation in support of the Edmonton Police Service and the D. Woodall Family Fund.

Virtanens Abust

Jun 2, 2015
Good luck to Connor McDavid, seems like a great kid. I will root for him, but I won't root for the Oilers, should be pretty fun.

McChucky

TOPPEP
Jul 15, 2007
YEG
Good luck to Connor McDavid, seems like a great kid. I will root for him, but I won't root for the Oilers, should be pretty fun.

He used his speed today in a few drills. No contest. Nobody could keep with him. He was walking dmen in his sleep. Its almost sureal to see.

illpucks

May 26, 2011

Stream of practice today, Connor will be on for 30 more mins

The other guys on the ice are near NHL prospects? Or are they far off? Because Connor looked light years ahead of everyone else in the skating department. Like he could be the skating coach and they could be his students.

How fast is he? Kreider is the fastest and Ovie has the best acceleration. Is McDavid close to either?

Index

Fillmore, I'm on it!
Mar 24, 2013
So Excited he is in Edmonton, I can get to see him a lot more than I would if he went to Buffalo.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Sucks that you guys start the process when they alter the odds for the lottery further, but at least there shouldn't be much competition outside of Arizona. In a perfect world, they get Matthews, you guys get Chycrun. Maybe worry about the Sweeney factor, but he'd just go off the board anyway.

They altered the odds to prevent a team like Edmonton who has gotten 3 first overalls in a row. And what happens?

tumblr_inline_nbp4x7EXSf1s5jo86.gif

Rip Buffalo and Arizona.
The look on Bettman's face says it all.

TalkingProuder

Feb 27, 2015
Buffalo, NY
They altered the odds to prevent a team like Edmonton who has gotten 3 first overalls in a row. And what happens?

tumblr_inline_nbp4x7EXSf1s5jo86.gif

Rip Buffalo and Arizona.
The look on Bettman's face says it all.

No, they altered the odds to improve the chance of a non-playoff bubble team winning. This wasn't about Edmonton. It was the greed of the collective GM's hoping their team could get a better chance at the 1st overall pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad