C Connor McDavid (2015, 1st, EDM) VII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
a big factor that will play

Sids "core balance and strength" >>> McD's
single biggest factor of effectiveness down low

This x1000. I think he can overcome it. But he didn't impress me with his board play at the WJCs, definitely struggled against some of the bigger, stronger dman.

He's smart though, so I don't think it will be a huge issue.

canuck2010

Dec 21, 2010
This x1000. I think he can overcome it. But he didn't impress me with his board play at the WJCs, definitely struggled against some of the bigger, stronger dman.

He's smart though, so I don't think it will be a huge issue.

Why would you worry about 97 and his board play? I want him going to the net with the puck. Find some other donkey to play along the boards.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
A major thing that stands out with McDavid, as has been said many times, is his skating. He just backs people off with that skating, and that's the exact worse thing you can do with McDavid is back off and give him room. So if you're a defenseman, you can't go, and you can't stay.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Why would you worry about 97 and his board play? I want him going to the net with the puck. Find some other donkey to play along the boards.

He's going to need to be able to create offense from below the goal line. It's an important part of the game for a top line center.

CAPiTA

Sep 4, 2008
Vancouver
Haha wow, McDavid gets walked by Draisaitl for a goal against, then immediately proceeds to steal the puck from Draisaitl in the blue team D zone off the subsequent centre ice faceoff for a breakaway goal. What. A. Player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad