C Connor McDavid (2015, 1st, EDM) VII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CantHaveTkachev

Jealousy
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
playing at a quarter speed, McDavid simply outclassed everyone on the ice

watching him with the puck in full flight is amazing...it's going to be a pleasure watching him this year

Aceonfire*

This x1000. I think he can overcome it. But he didn't impress me with his board play at the WJCs, definitely struggled against some of the bigger, stronger dman.

He's smart though, so I don't think it will be a huge issue.

He will obviously get stronger. And they are different players.

McDavid seems like he is faster than Crosby. Ideally it would be good to have a puck retriever like Pouliot with him until he gets bigger.

DraberlyakMcHallkins*

He's going to need to be able to create offense from below the goal line. It's an important part of the game for a top line center.

you see his wrap around goal?

you see how he uses his stick below the goal line?

won't be a problem in the slightest. not doing the bump and grind in the corners? come on

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Haha wow, McDavid gets walked by Draisaitl for a goal against, then immediately proceeds to steal the puck from Draisaitl in the blue team D zone off the subsequent centre ice faceoff for a breakaway goal. What. A. Player.

That was funny :laugh:

marbsarebad

Jul 20, 2013
Olympia, WA
My god McDavid is scary in the neutral and offensive zone, but if I only had this game to judge his talents I would say he was pretty awful defensively and I wouldn't exactly call Edmonton the place to improve that aspect of his game. Oilers are going to look very similar to Dallas next year. REALLY high scoring, but a lot of sad looks on the other side of ice.

Not trying to talk smack here, im sure over the course of a year or two his defensive game will start to round out and the Oilers will probably add more personnel with defense experience. Todd McClellan wasn't exactly known for his defensive coaching in San Jose.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
My god McDavid is scary in the neutral and offensive zone, but if I only had this game to judge his talents I would say he was pretty awful defensively and I wouldn't exactly call Edmonton the place to improve that aspect of his game. Oilers are going to look very similar to Dallas next year. REALLY high scoring, but a lot of sad looks on the other side of ice.

Not trying to talk smack here, im sure over the course of a year or two his defensive game will start to round out and the Oilers will probably add more personnel with defense experience. Todd McClellan wasn't exactly known for his defensive coaching in San Jose.

If he takes the same 2 year path that RNH has - then I would be ecstatic. Nuge was a giveaway machine in the 2 seasons and vastly improved in the 3rd (often stole the puck in backchecks) and became extremely hard to take the puck from. The Datsyuk comparison are scary accurate.

victor

Sep 6, 2003
Oilers have some bad D prospects. They didn't even attempt to stop him or play the body.

Attack him, and get burned by his speed. Back away, keep the angle, and you might be able to stick check him.

Maybe.

I can't imagine defending a player with that speed, those edges, and those hands. He's remarkable.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007

Zuh? San Jose was in pretty much always in the bottom 10 of the league for goals against during McLellan's tenure except for last season.

DrDrai

The OG
Jan 28, 2007
Edmonton
This was a non contact scrimmage, no one was going 100%, no point in back checking and sliding into the end boards. Basically a poor mans all star game

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad