C Auston Matthews - ZSC Lions, NLA (2016 Draft) II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
NLA is better competition than college and CHL, so he'll be fine there and won't lose his number one spot because of it. Therefore, it's a great choice with the added bonus of the culture and location.

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
top 20 in scoring as a recent 18 year old in a men's pro league. Very impressive. I wouldn't be surprised if he finishes top 5 in scoring by the end of the year.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Interesting, former Leafs draft pick Chris DiDomenico is third in the league in scoring so far...

ozzie

Aug 3, 2005
Australia
Another goal today, he is challenging for the Cy Young award! 9 goals 2 assists.

I really like his decision to play in the NLA, the transition to the NHL will hopefully be easier for him.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
Wasn't Matthews more of a playmaker? He's certainly scoring lot of goals atm.

canuck2010

Dec 21, 2010
Gawd I hate that hockey.

Nothing against Matthews I'm sure that he will be as good as advertised but he will have to deal the amount of time and space that he will get in the NHL as compared to this game.

To me that's the biggest difference in the Euro game and North America (along with the physical of course). It's the ability to do everything at a higher tempo. You can really see it when you watch players in the Russian league play top North Americans.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Gawd I hate that hockey.

Nothing against Matthews I'm sure that he will be as good as advertised but he will have to deal the amount of time and space that he will get in the NHL as compared to this game.

To me that's the biggest difference in the Euro game and North America (along with the physical of course). It's the ability to do everything at a higher tempo. You can really see it when you watch players in the Russian league play top North Americans.

Imagine how hard the adjustment would be for him if he had played in the OHL where defenses are swiss cheese and most of the players won't sniff professional hockey. That's probably why he chose a pro league. It's the best way to get him ready for the NHL.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
Imagine how hard the adjustment would be for him if he had played in the OHL where defenses are swiss cheese and most of the players won't sniff professional hockey. That's probably why he chose a pro league. It's the best way to get him ready for the NHL.

nitpicking, but he would have been in the WHL

canuck2010

Dec 21, 2010

Maybe but I think a lot of hockey people will take a wait and see attitude. Probably won't matter with Matthews based on his talent however with lesser talents I'm not so sure.

Far more prospects in the O than on those two teams. By the way I wasn't being critical of Matthews, don't get your back up lifes too short. :)

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Maybe but I think a lot of hockey people will take a wait and see attitude. Probably won't matter with Matthews based on his talent however with lesser talents I'm not so sure.

Far more prospects in the O than on those two teams. By the way I wasn't being critical of Matthews, don't get your back up lifes too short. :)

A big majority of players in the O won't be good enough to play in the NLA, even in their prime. The overall talent level there is not higher.

Risingwind

Feb 26, 2015
I think everything is fine. The better Matthews plays the more attention he's going to get from the opposing teams. It'll get harder for him naturally as he starts facing mainly top pairing defenders and if he can still keep on scoring he's that much closer to being able to do it at NHL level.

Shwaguy*

I can't stop thinking about Auston Matthews being a Maple Leaf.

Please Hockey Gods. Please, make it happen. All will be forgiven for that whole being 1 lotto number away from McDavid thing.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
I can't stop thinking about Auston Matthews being a Maple Leaf.

Please Hockey Gods. Please, make it happen. All will be forgiven for that whole being 1 lotto number away from McDavid thing.
would be a huge day for us. A core of matthews, nylander, marner, and rielly is amazing not to mention support pieces in kap, brown, dermott, percy and young guys like gards, jvr, and kadri being their to ease the rooks in

lawrence

May 19, 2012
10 goals in 11 games in any league is extremely impressive, let a lone, a 18 year old kid doing it in a mens league, extremely impressive. Swiss league is not an easy league to play in also, its like the AHL in europe. Extremely tough defensive hockey. Helps to have a coach like Crawford who preaches offense.

Rebuilt

Jun 8, 2014
Tampa
would be a huge day for us. A core of matthews, nylander, marner, and rielly is amazing not to mention support pieces in kap, brown, dermott, percy and young guys like gards, jvr, and kadri being their to ease the rooks in

Then you had better pray the Oilers make the playoffs. :nod:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad