Confirmed Trade: [BUF/VGK] Jack Eichel, c.'23 3rd for Alex Tuch, Peyton Krebs, c.'22 1st (Top10 protected), c.'23 2nd

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
Crazy that the conditions favour Vegas.
Yeah!

The fact that McCrimmon was able to look at Adams and say, "Oh, but then we won't have a first or second in 2023..." (while also theoretically getting Buffalo's third that same year) and Adams capitulated to push them to 2024 in his favour...

Credit where credit is due, McCrimmon's not so bad at this trading thing.

Reactions: Flukeshot

PumpkinBomb

Jul 22, 2020
Pacioretty-Eichel-Stone
Marchessault-Karlsson-Smith
Janmark-Stephenson-Dadonov
Carrier-Patrick-Roy

Martinez-Pietrangelo
McNabb-Theodore
Hague-Whitecloud

This team is going to steamroll teams if they ever get healthy.

That team is about $5 M over the cap and doesn't even include the extra 3 press box players.

Reactions: Circus86

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I think Eichel, Pietrangelo and Stone is right on par with Point, Hedman and Kucherov. I'd give Tampa the overall advantage but it's really close.

Vasilevskiy is a big game changer though. Lehner's a good starter but Vasilevskiy is by far the best goalie in hockey.

Well... I'll concede that coaching makes all the difference in these situations. The CBJ absolutely destroyed a 62 win Lightning team with the way they played and VGK is liable to do so even more to us under the same circumstances. Those 3 playing like that would effectively be unbeatable

Reactions: HoopzMcBallin

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa
For sure. I'm not so much worried about him being rushed as much as the level of player he is.

I think Krebs might develop into a nice 2C, and I think Sabres fans who are well-versed in the way this trade developed are cool with that. But I think from casual fans and shock-jock types in the media, you're going to get a lot of "This is the guy we got for Eichel?" who don't understand that, while Peyton is a solid, industrious player, he'll never be in the same realm as Jack.
Theres what maybe 10 players in the league as good as a healthy prime eichel? Every knew we werent getting the quality of Eichel back. If he becomes a consistent 60 point forward and our picks pan out then both teams win here.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Has Eichel's preference for thee specific type of neck surgery been agreed upon by VGK? (assumed it was...?)

Good value= Eich returns as 85% the player he was prior to injury. *(whenever that happens)

Great value for Vegas...if Eichel returns 100% *(whenever that happens...April/May or 2022 start)

Risk on both teams.

Guessing BUF saw Suzuki become a 1C in short order & KA is hoping for a similar outcome. Otherwise, surely some other team had to have (had) a better offer.

Surprised KA accepted a W. Should've only accepted Top6C & Top4D (young roster players/prospects).

I feel bad for BUF fans, they deserve better than this return/outcome.

Suzuki isn't a 1C. Krebs isn't likely to become one either, though there's some chance. I do like him. I like Tuch, too, both as a player and as a fit for Buffalo (he grew up a Sabres fan). They're never going to replace what Jack was to this team, but nothing we got in a trade for him was ever going to; that wasn't the expectation.

Reactions: WiHockeyGuy

ThePsychicSaw

Jul 24, 2009
It's just so predictable at this point it isn't even funny anymore. This is what everyone should have expected, the value the vast majority of people put on superstars is ALWAYS and I mean ALWAYS off base. People ignore context and reason so much.

Understandable return. Hope eichel heals up fast and safe and hope Vegas does well, but doesn't win anything. Glad buffalo got off to a hot start to ease such a trade to the ignorant public. But expectations, of course, should be reverted to bottom dweller unfortunately.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
That's not very much at all in return for Eichel.

Tuch is a good middle 6 player but he's not a difference maker.

Krebs is a great prospect, best piece of the return.

The 1st round pick is fine but it's most likely going to be 20 or higher.

2nd round pick is whatever.

This is very far off in value from the type of offers most Sabres fans were laughing at on here for the past few months. Have to think Adams could've gotten a deal of at least this type of value around the draft, I'd be willing to bet he could've gotten more back then.

Reactions: DuklaNation

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Phase 1 trade for Eichel
Phase 2 bottom out for Wright
Phase 3 bring Matthews back to the desert in the offseason

LBpuzzels

Feb 8, 2015
Long Island
There should be a threat where we rate all the proposed deals that everyone said was awful but turned out better than this one...

Reactions: tlk

iginlafan77

Dec 5, 2014
Won't matter as long as they have that much in terms of injured players in the regular season.

No cap in the playoffs after all.
Sure, assuming Eichel is out for the entire regular season. And then they'll have to clear a little space in the summer but that's a separate problem.

displacedsabre

Feb 14, 2016
People saying Buffalo is screwed. Weve had Eichel for 6 years, weven basically finished bottom five to dead last, how much worse can it get? Hes a great player, talented, but lets admit it, hes been a problem in this organization. The elephant in the room has always been Jack and whether hes happy or not, we will fire coaches/ GMs anything to keep jack happy. Now they can get back to attempting to build a real team instead of stupid bandaids trying to keep Jack happy.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
First off:

So much for that laundry lisr of blue chip prospects, multiple 1sts, and nhl players that Buff fans were tellinh us they would get

Couldn't have said this better myself. Spelling notwithstanding

Secondly: another move is absolutely coming whenever Eichel is healthy. There's no way Vegas can be cap compliant when he is.

Reactions: Mr Positive
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad