Confirmed Trade: [BUF/VGK] Jack Eichel, c.'23 3rd for Alex Tuch, Peyton Krebs, c.'22 1st (Top10 protected), c.'23 2nd

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Great trade for Vegas albeit with risk. Buffalo got back what they could and what non-Sabre fans speculated (1st, top prospect). Tuch is okay and the 1st will be mid to late.

A far cry from the ridiculous proposals that Sabres fans swore they'd get.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
CapFriendly pulling their weight, once again
All picks conditional

Alex Tuch · $4,750,000
Peyton Krebs · $863,333
2022 conditional 1st round pick* (VGK)
2023 conditional 2nd round pick** (VGK)
*Conditions: If the pick is in the top 10, Vegas will instead transfer their 2023 1st round pick to Buffalo
**Conditions: If Vegas' 1st round pick in the 2022 draft is a top 10 pick, then Vegas will transfer their 2024 2nd round pick instead.

FOR

Jack Eichel · $10,000,000
2023 conditional 3rd round pick* (BUF)
*Conditions: If Vegas' 1st round pick in the 2022 draft is a top 10 pick, then Buffalo will transfer their 2024 3rd round pick instead.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Are you kidding? If anything, I think acquiring Eichel will make Vegas the next dynasty in hockey.

Eichel, Stone and Pietrangelo is arguably the best core of 3 players in all of hockey.

Point, Hedman, Vasilevskiy and Kucherov all pour cans of Bud Light on the ground making loud noises to establish dominance in response to this no different than lions marking their territory

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Exactly.

So many Buffalo fans laughed and said proposals such as :

Zegras/Drysdsle +
Seider + Raymond
Byfield + Valardi
Kakko + Lafreniere +
Tkachuk + Pelletier + multiple 1sts

All of this wasn’t enough to them. Now suddenly this is an amazing deal…

Last few days a couple posters continued to say it wouldn't be anyhing les than Theodore, Tuch, Krebs and a mix of another top prospect and 1sts

Apparently Theo would have to be involved or the trade wouldn't happen

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
I find it funny that the posters who were most active in the Eichel mega thread are the ones shitting on the return and laughing at Sabres fans for their ask WHEN in fact it was their lowball trades that were far worse than this middle ground trade that Buffalo got; therefore suck it.

Just glad the Rangers didn't get Eichel, they have nothing that could beat the Vegas return.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
CapFriendly pulling their weight, once again
All picks conditional

Alex Tuch · $4,750,000
Peyton Krebs · $863,333
2022 conditional 1st round pick* (VGK)
2023 conditional 2nd round pick** (VGK)
*Conditions: If the pick is in the top 10, Vegas will instead transfer their 2023 1st round pick to Buffalo
**Conditions: If Vegas' 1st round pick in the 2022 draft is a top 10 pick, then Vegas will transfer their 2024 2nd round pick instead.

FOR

Jack Eichel · $10,000,000
2023 conditional 3rd round pick* (BUF)
*Conditions: If Vegas' 1st round pick in the 2022 draft is a top 10 pick, then Buffalo will transfer their 2024 3rd round pick instead.
Do have to say, I'm shocked the 3rd going to Vegas is guaranteed. Conditional only on the 1st, but I would've guessed it would be something like, Vegas only receives if Eichel does not play/does not reach a goals/point threshold

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
I would be shocked if Krebs turned into a legit #1C let alone a franchise #1C. Tuch is decent but will max out as a second liner.

My condolences to Sabres fans. They could have gotten far more if they didn't wait for the next solar eclipse to happen.

Reactions: shello and tlk

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Pacioretty-Eichel-Stone
Marchessault-Karlsson-Smith
Janmark-Stephenson-Dadonov
Carrier-Patrick-Roy

Martinez-Pietrangelo
McNabb-Theodore
Hague-Whitecloud

This team is going to steamroll teams if they ever get healthy.

GMR

Jul 27, 2013
Parts Unknown
I feel bad for Alex Tuch. You go from living in Vegas, banging showgirls, blow, golf courses, five star restaurants, and playing for a Cup contender...........................to playing in Buffalo.

Reactions: Ghost Bear

Beukeboom

Apr 1, 2007
Wow! Six guys out of thousands!? You sure proved a point here…

The list of players who moved away is definitely way, wayyyy larger.

Which is ignoring the point that just being from a city doesn’t mean you’re happy to be back.
A bit OT, but Buffalo's location isn't too bad? Isn't it like an hour and a half away from Toronto for instance? So that's a day trip of fun. Don't want to hate on anyone's city, but I can think of a few NHL cities that sound no more fun than Buffalo, and on top of that, are more isolated.

The deal seems fine to me. Eichel is a bit of a wild card given his injury. But if he's back to normal and beyond, I'd say it's a steal. Not much the Sabres could have done differently though. This is what the market offered.

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa
I feel for Krebs. He's a nice player, but I feel like this trade puts pressure on him to be more than he realistically can be.

It's tough to be the center prospect in a Jack Eichel trade.
He wont be rushed. Honestly would like him to go right to the AHL so he can play with Peterka and Quinn. That line would dominate and build up chemistry going into next season.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Point, Hedman, Vasilevskiy and Kucherov all pour cans of Bud Light on the ground making loud noises to establish dominance in response to this no different than lions marking their territory

I think Eichel, Pietrangelo and Stone is right on par with Point, Hedman and Kucherov. I'd give Tampa the overall advantage but it's really close.

Vasilevskiy is a big game changer though. Lehner's a good starter but Vasilevskiy is by far the best goalie in hockey.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
If Eichel gets healthy and can find his form again this is a runaway steal for VGK. Nobody knows what the picks will turn out to be. BUFF fans just lost a Franchise player for peanuts.

Reactions: sabresEH

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
I feel bad for Alex Tuch. You go from living in Vegas, banging showgirls, blow, golf courses, five star restaurants, and playing for a Cup contender...........................to playing in Buffalo.
At least the Buffalo roads are better than Detroit, I mean paying for tire alignments when hitting pot holes you can swim in on your way to practice everyday would be far more torturous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad