Confirmed Trade: [BUF/VGK] Jack Eichel, c.'23 3rd for Alex Tuch, Peyton Krebs, c.'22 1st (Top10 protected), c.'23 2nd

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
Sounds like a great return for a player that did not get surgery yet and might be out for the whole season.

Flukeshot

Briere Activate!
Sponsor
Feb 19, 2004
Brampton, Ont
CapFriendly pulling their weight, once again
All picks conditional

Alex Tuch · $4,750,000
Peyton Krebs · $863,333
2022 conditional 1st round pick* (VGK)
2023 conditional 2nd round pick** (VGK)
*Conditions: If the pick is in the top 10, Vegas will instead transfer their 2023 1st round pick to Buffalo
**Conditions: If Vegas' 1st round pick in the 2022 draft is a top 10 pick, then Vegas will transfer their 2024 2nd round pick instead.

FOR

Jack Eichel · $10,000,000
2023 conditional 3rd round pick* (BUF)
*Conditions: If Vegas' 1st round pick in the 2022 draft is a top 10 pick, then Buffalo will transfer their 2024 3rd round pick instead.

Crazy that the conditions favour Vegas.

Reactions: uncleben

Random schmoe

Random fan with their own opinions
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2019
Did you add the $1m bump to cap? It's expected to be $82.5m. Otherwise, they'll have to do what TB does & buy LTIR space.

You can have Weber for a top 10 protected 1st. :naughty:

Ah, good call, no I did not factor in the cap bump. I was tinkering while in a work meeting. ;)

I'm no Vegas fan, nor Montreal fan, so try and peddle your legless wonder elsewhere. ;)

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
I can’t believe someone wasn’t willing to beat this offer.

nah this was always about where it would be,
based on precedent, plus the extenuating factors of Cap Hit and injury

I am not an 'i told you so' kinda guy, but, basing it objectively and from experience,
I had been replying consistently in all these threads that deal would look something like this:

A proven young top player (Tuch...), a blue-chip prospect (Krebs...) a 1st, and a sweetener (in this case, the Vegas 2 for the Buff 3rd)
this is what high-end deals look like in NHL

all the folks posting over-the-top NBA-style deals were guessing, or feeding on the hype

Reactions: Marshall

maskingagent

Oct 18, 2016
Eichel was showing his frustration more and more year in year out, as the Sabres could not provide playoff contention. He has zero motivation in that dressing room. A change of scenery will do wonders for him. I think now he'll become the Jack Eichel we all wanted to see and perform greatly as the new face of the franchise for Vegas. I think surgery won't hold him back.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
Exactly.

So many Buffalo fans laughed and said proposals such as :

Zegras/Drysdsle +
Seider + Raymond
Byfield + Valardi
Kakko + Lafreniere +
Tkachuk + Pelletier + multiple 1sts

All of this wasn’t enough to them. Now suddenly this is an amazing deal…

Those other ones are good offers, but this one would have been legitimately insane. Sabres fans were really turning up their nose at two potential franchise players? I'm going to need receipts on that one.

CapFriendly pulling their weight, once again
All picks conditional

Alex Tuch · $4,750,000
Peyton Krebs · $863,333
2022 conditional 1st round pick* (VGK)
2023 conditional 2nd round pick** (VGK)
*Conditions: If the pick is in the top 10, Vegas will instead transfer their 2023 1st round pick to Buffalo
**Conditions: If Vegas' 1st round pick in the 2022 draft is a top 10 pick, then Vegas will transfer their 2024 2nd round pick instead.

FOR

Jack Eichel · $10,000,000
2023 conditional 3rd round pick* (BUF)
*Conditions: If Vegas' 1st round pick in the 2022 draft is a top 10 pick, then Buffalo will transfer their 2024 3rd round pick instead.
Now seeing the financial breakdown on cap friendly, that's 16 players under contract (though for some reason CF has them at 11) next year at nearly 79 million.

Holeeeey shit. That's going to be a squeeze.

Last edited:

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
He wont be rushed. Honestly would like him to go right to the AHL so he can play with Peterka and Quinn. That line would dominate and build up chemistry going into next season.

For sure. I'm not so much worried about him being rushed as much as the level of player he is.

I think Krebs might develop into a nice 2C, and I think Sabres fans who are well-versed in the way this trade developed are cool with that. But I think from casual fans and shock-jock types in the media, you're going to get a lot of "This is the guy we got for Eichel?" who don't understand that, while Peyton is a solid, industrious player, he'll never be in the same realm as Jack.

gump116

Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
New York
I don’t understand why Buffalo waited this long if this was all they could get. This level return or better has been rumored to be available for awhile. It’s terrible for Eichel that he had to put off surgery and it’s annoying for USA hockey that he probably won’t be able to play in the olympics this year

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Are you happy Vegas? How does it feel to get everything every time??

Refuse

Sin City Soldiers
Aug 23, 2005
I don't like this at all. Losing Tuch hurts specifically. Eichel's injuries, current and historically is a red flag and I don't like losing Krebs either but to a lesser degree than Tuch who was on a great contract as well.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Pacioretty-Eichel-Stone
Marchessault-Karlsson-Smith
Janmark-Stephenson-Dadonov
Carrier-Patrick-Roy

Martinez-Pietrangelo
McNabb-Theodore
Hague-Whitecloud

This team is going to steamroll teams if they ever get healthy.

I really like their D especially the top 4.

A pretty top heavy team up front. Dadanov sucks, horrible signing. They're not going to steamroll anyone except the basement teams.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Lol Flames leaked “offer” was better so it probably wasn’t a real offer

Not a great deal for Buffalo nonetheless.

Reactions: ani

Ishad

Jun 2, 2010
Exactly.

So many Buffalo fans laughed and said proposals such as :

Zegras/Drysdsle +
Seider + Raymond
Byfield + Valardi
Kakko + Lafreniere +
Tkachuk + Pelletier + multiple 1sts

All of this wasn’t enough to them. Now suddenly this is an amazing deal…
And in everyone of those threads people were telling Sabres fans they were delusional. This deal is fine for people that were dealing with reality.

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
If this was Adams' ask in May, and Vegas hemmed and hawed until now, good on Adams.

I mean, none of us know what really went on other than Eichel is very talented, disgruntled and injured. I'm sure those three factors had a lot to do with any trade talks and what was offered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad