Confirmed Trade: [BUF/VGK] Jack Eichel, c.'23 3rd for Alex Tuch, Peyton Krebs, c.'22 1st (Top10 protected), c.'23 2nd

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
It’s hilarious that so many of them are trying to spin this as a win for Buffalo too.

There's no universe where this is a win for them, absolute robbery by Vegas. Not too long ago people were calling Eichel a top 5 C in the league, at worst he's top 10, This is a VERY underwhelming return.

Quantity does not equal quality, Tuch is decent but far from a great player. Same with Krebs, decent prospect not even close to being considered an elite prospect and a 1st. I am truly shocked that nobody was able to give them a better offer than that.

Reactions: IceKitties

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
So all of the whining by Sabre fans about other teams trade proposals and they end up less than those proposals.
Maybe this will work for the Sabres. Kinda like George Costanza doing the opposite of his natural instinct.

This is a substantially better return than 95% of Eichel proposals made by other teams' fans.
Of course it's underwhelming compared to the player Eichel is when he's healthy. It was always going to be. You can't trade a player of Jack's caliber and win the talent exchange.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Buffalo made out like bandits in this trade. This will be like the erik Karlsson trade 2.0.

1) Buffalo was brutal WITH eichel; yet performs way better without him. Huge red flag in my opinion.. especially with rumors swirling that Eichel is a drama queen

2) losing Tuch will hurt vegas more than they think; depth guys like that help you win. The rest of the return in Krebs + picks is very solid.

3) eichel is a phenomenal talent, but he'll never be the same after the surgery.

I know I'm going to get flamed for this, thats fine. I'll PM you in a few years to say I told you so.

I'm not even sure it's Karlsson 2.0. The way they rebounded I was thinking more like E Kane. Soon as the Sharks got him out of there they started to play like an actual team. Granted, the Sabres seem to always start hot and I still expect them to be in the lottery somewhere.

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa
Wins for Vegas: Eichel. Bonafide star when 100% healthy. Downside is they have assumed a TON of risk.

Wins for Buffalo: Young Center, top 6 winger with term, Magic bean in a loaded draft. Loads of cap space. Downside is that 2/3 are unknowns.

Reactions: Flyer lurker

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
LOL, it's amusing how much the Canes management gets under the skin of some posters. Like Dundon and the Canes management needs the adoration of HF posters so they'll drum up fake reports. In case you haven't been watching, they clearly aren't afraid to make moves that fans actually DON'T like. Much of the fan base didn't like: trading Ned, signing DeAngelo, not making a competitive offer to Dougie, trading Bean, letting John Forslund and Chuck Kaiton go, etc.... They make moves that they think will help the team win and help the bottom line, period and aren't afraid to look bad to the fan base in doing so.

It's regularly reported that Carolina pretty much kicks the tires on everyone so it's not surprising there was "interest". I doubt there was serious interest though, simply because the Canes didn't have the assets that they'd want to part with.

Canes don't have a 1st and Canes don't have a "Tuch" equivalent

:huh::laugh:

ETTER DE

Jun 24, 2017
So basically a protected first a top prospect and a roster player. Just like many of you predicted was the going rate for a player that wants out.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Friedman was on Toronto radio this morning and said he thinks the Sabres asked for Tkachuk and the Flames said no, not the other way around where the Flames were offering him. My guess is Flames offered Monahan, a prospect and a first and the Sabres liked Krebs alot better.

Boy Monahans value has sure tanked when Alex Tuch is chosen over you. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
I feel for Krebs. He's a nice player, but I feel like this trade puts pressure on him to be more than he realistically can be.

It's tough to be the center prospect in a Jack Eichel trade.

Reactions: DeysArena

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
So all of the whining by Sabre fans about other teams trade proposals and they end up less than those proposals.
Maybe this will work for the Sabres. Kinda like George Costanza doing the opposite of his natural instinct.
There was only 2 or 3 Sabres fans who were like 'I'd do Krebs+Hague+Theodore+1st 2022+1st in 2023'

Silky Johnson

I wish you all the bad things in life.
Mar 9, 2015
London, UK
Rochester, like plenty of US cities, are still dealing with the affects of redlining.

And visiting a place and living there are two different things entirely.

And we can throw articles around for a long time...

Why Rochester, New York Is The Best Small City in America for Vegans

The article I posted is from a reputable agency using statistics that "looks at variables like crime rates, employment growth, access to restaurants and attractions, educational attainment and housing affordability to determine the worst cities to live in across the country."

You posted an article that talks about vegan restaurants.

I stand corrected...

You live where you live and I live where I live and I'm sure they are both great!

Last edited:
Reactions: tlk

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
that's actually a pretty bad return. vegas first will be late. tuch/krebs are good pieces but sabres only got 2 good pieces after waiting so long.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
As a neutral fan, I think Vegas is making a huge mistake. They've taken a really good team with a lot of energy and drive and traded most of it away to end up with a team of high salaries and aging players. Eichel doesn't necessarily fit the aging part, but if the surgery has any complications, he might seem like an older player.

Given all the moves they've made since they came into the league their first season, I don't think they have what it takes now to win a cup before their first tear down and rebuild. Their window is closed.

I think the Sabres didn't get everything they probably wanted, but a clean sheet from the Eichel situation is probably the biggest win of the whole thing, so I like that it is over for them and they can move forward with what looks like a young and exciting team.

Are you kidding? If anything, I think acquiring Eichel will make Vegas the next dynasty in hockey.

Eichel, Stone and Pietrangelo is arguably the best core of 3 players in all of hockey.

Reactions: Skinnyjimmy08

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Has Eichel's preference for thee specific type of neck surgery been agreed upon by VGK? (assumed it was...?)

Good value= Eich returns as 85% the player he was prior to injury. *(whenever that happens)

Great value for Vegas...if Eichel returns 100% *(whenever that happens...April/May or 2022 start)

Risk on both teams.

Guessing BUF saw Suzuki become a 1C in short order & KA is hoping for a similar outcome. Otherwise, surely some other team had to have (had) a better offer.

Surprised KA accepted a W. Should've only accepted Top6C & Top4D (young roster players/prospects).

I feel bad for BUF fans, they deserve better than this return/outcome.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Friedman was on Toronto radio this morning and said he thinks the Sabres asked for Tkachuk and the Flames said no, not the other way around where the Flames were offering him. My guess is Flames offered Monahan, a prospect and a first and the Sabres liked Krebs alot better.

Boy Monahans value has sure tanked when Alex Tuch is chosen over you. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Ya I highly doubt Flames ever offered up Tkachuk... let alone Tkachuk +++ lol

Reactions: SeanMoneyHands

The Management

Jun 8, 2009
I think it's fine, considering Eichel was injured, carried a big cap hit, and wanted out. Hard for Buffalo to leverage a big return in that situation. I'm sure the franchise will be happy to put the drama behind them and move on. Tuch is also a pretty good player.

With that said, I think this is a good gamble for Vegas, and it's hard not to feel sort of bad for how this all panned out for Buffalo.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
There's no universe where this is a win for them, absolute robbery by Vegas. Not too long ago people were calling Eichel a top 5 C in the league, at worst he's top 10, This is a VERY underwhelming return.

Quantity does not equal quality, Tuch is decent but far from a great player. Same with Krebs, decent prospect not even close to being considered an elite prospect and a 1st. I am truly shocked that nobody was able to give them a better offer than that.
Exactly.

So many Buffalo fans laughed and said proposals such as :

Zegras/Drysdsle +
Seider + Raymond
Byfield + Valardi
Kakko + Lafreniere +
Tkachuk + Pelletier + multiple 1sts

All of this wasn’t enough to them. Now suddenly this is an amazing deal…

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
Buffalo made out like bandits in this trade. This will be like the erik Karlsson trade 2.0.

1) Buffalo was brutal WITH eichel; yet performs way better without him. Huge red flag in my opinion.. especially with rumors swirling that Eichel is a drama queen

2) losing Tuch will hurt vegas more than they think; depth guys like that help you win. The rest of the return in Krebs + picks is very solid.

3) eichel is a phenomenal talent, but he'll never be the same after the surgery.

I know I'm going to get flamed for this, thats fine. I'll PM you in a few years to say I told you so.

vegas has depth, they should be fine when healthy "+ fa/trades/more prospects incoming.

displacedsabre

Feb 14, 2016
I feel for Krebs. He's a nice player, but I feel like this trade puts pressure on him to be more than he realistically can be.

It's tough to be the center prospect in a Jack Eichel trade.

It will be a great start if he just doesnt demand we fire coaches and GMs when he pleases

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad