Confirmed Trade: [BUF/VGK] Jack Eichel, c.'23 3rd for Alex Tuch, Peyton Krebs, c.'22 1st (Top10 protected), c.'23 2nd

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
3 of the top 5 picks from the legendary 2015 draft class have now been traded.

Eegs

Jan 9, 2018
BC
This is a huge win for Vegas.

Krebs - future 2nd line at best
Tuch - 2nd line
Picks

vs.

Eichel - elite #1 center

Vegas offense will be insane:
Marchessault - Eichel - Pacioretty
Smith - Karlsson - Stone
Dadonov - Stephenson - Patrick
Janmark - Roy - Kolesar
Carrier

amazing 4 lines
Haha, you have no way of knowing this!

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
This is a huge win for Vegas.

Krebs - future 2nd line at best
Tuch - 2nd line
Picks

vs.

Eichel - elite #1 center

Vegas offense will be insane:
Marchessault - Eichel - Pacioretty
Smith - Karlsson - Stone
Dadonov - Stephenson - Patrick
Janmark - Roy - Kolesar
Carrier

amazing 4 lines
You don't separate Pacioretty from Stone with how successful they've been together, even when centered by Stephenson.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
If people are getting hung up on Top 10 protection, then they are trying to hard. I'm more worried about it being pick #31. Awesome return for the Sabres. Woot !!!!
You don’t have to pretend…. It was an okay deal… wouldn’t call it a home run. Wouldn’t call it a bad trade.

tuch is a solid 2nd line winger
1st is going to be 20-30 range
Krebs has potential to be a 1c… but I think ultimately ends up a 2c

all the waiting and Buffalo fans demanding so much more, makes this look worse than it actually is

Reactions: Tob and Dr Quincy

madmike77

Jan 9, 2009
Tkachuk's name being thrown out is going to hurt that relationship in CGY now knowing he was a trade chip.

Shouldn't have leaked it out

If there's any accuracy to the rumour then sure. But given what Weekes had Calgary offering for Eichel I think it's safe to say he was off-base by a fair bit.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Not as much of a return as I was expecting. Tkachuk is a far better player than either Krebs or Tuch will ever be.

Reactions: Fatass

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Or he just pulls a Kucherov
kucherov pulling a kucherov is not the same as eichel pulling a kucherov.

kucherov was a known commodity in tampa. he knew the system, he knew the teammates and they knew him. therefore coming back for the po worked, as he was already part of the team. eichel playing for vegas the first time in the po.

Silky Johnson

I wish you all the bad things in life.
Mar 9, 2015
London, UK
I grew up in Jamestown, NY and I'll take Rochester every day.

Have you ever lived in Rochester? If not, I'd love to know what you are basing this take that Rochester isn't nice on.

I have not and would not ever live in Rochester. I have visited before and it is a dump. Its not just me, see the article below.

Syracuse, Rochester, Buffalo all rank among the worst U.S. cities to live in

"About one in three Rochester residents live in poverty, a higher poverty rate than in all but 14 other U.S. cities."

Edit. I just remembered that the House of Guitars is in Rochester, so I guess it has one good thing.

Last edited:

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
Solid deal for both sides imo. Sabres would have liked a little more I'm sure, maybe change that 2nd into another 1st but it's sufficient as is.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
The trade honestly seems fine, why are so many people taking a dump on it? I think BUF did well. It's kind of interesting to watch the evolution of the Knights from an expansion team with a bunch of underrated players battling for each other + a lot of futures, to gutting their futures and prospect pool and becoming an older star oriented team. I guess they are in ultra win now but I could see this going the way of the Sharks.

Will be interesting to watch. How long until he's available?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
The trade honestly seems fine, why are so many people taking a dump on it? I think BUF did well. It's kind of interesting to watch the evolution of the Knights from an expansion team with a bunch of underrated players battling for each other and a lot of futures, to gutting their futures and prospect pool and becoming an older star oriented team. I guess they are in ultra win now but I could see this going the way of the Sharks.

Will be interesting to watch. Eichel's procedure is a few weeks?
Because some Buffalo fans were demanding guys like byfield/raymond/zegras/laf ++

or in wild case
Boldy + Rossi + dumba + 1st

Reactions: tlk
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad