Confirmed Trade: [BUF/VGK] Jack Eichel, c.'23 3rd for Alex Tuch, Peyton Krebs, c.'22 1st (Top10 protected), c.'23 2nd

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paralyzer

Oilers Win Cup in 2025
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
There is ZERO chance the VGK allow Eichel to play given he still has to have the surgery and rehab. I suspect they will likely attempt a Kucherov type return.

That's only applicable if they MAKE the playoffs. Would be funny to see then not make it now because of depth reasons.

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
Seems the NHL really wanted Eichel in Vegas more then Calgary. Really wonder what calgary offer was.

How does vegas make this work with Cap space????

Reactions: snowkiddin

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
The actual trade was less than the rumours, it pretty much always is.

Theres some risk in trading for a guy making 10 mil a year, with a spine problem who doesn’t bring leadership as a “star player”.

Vegas contines to trade off the players that made them successful and give up on good prospects. Theres no loyalty within that organization.

I think Buffalo did ok. They will be better off in the long run.

Reactions: Dakkon

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
That's only applicable if they MAKE the playoffs. Would be funny to see then not make it now because of depth reasons.
Bettman won't let his baby fall to far behind. He knows vegas has to be a winning team to be successful and I honestly think the NHL had there hands dirty In Eichel going there, esp with Calgary in hot pursuit and at first glance having a better offer on table

Last edited:
Reactions: snowkiddin

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Just because someone is from the Buffalo area doesn't mean they like it. Really, do you think knowing more about Buffalo would make it suck less...

My buddy is from Kabul and has family there, he still doesn't want to go back!
Exactly. I’ve never understood this thinking at all. Going back to my hometown would be a nightmare for me, I’m not sure why everyone says “He’s from X city, clearly he’s happy”!

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Tuch has 4 plus years left on his contract. To even speculate about after that is silly.
I’m guessing he plays the rest of this year and next with the Sabres.
If there’s an inclination he wants out, adams will deal him with 2 years of term left to get maximum value.
If he really loves the Sabres, you’ll see an extension prior to the end of his deal

madmike77

Jan 9, 2009
Seems the NHL really wanted Eichel in Vegas more then Calgary. Really wonder what calgary offer was.

How does vegas make this work with Cap space????

Do we really know there was an offer from Calgary? I'm sure the Flames were interested at the outset. I'm not as sure they were interested recently. Clearly the rumoured offer from yesterday was never on the table because it's better than what Buffalo wound up getting.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I think this is just confirmation that Buffalo is forever cursed. The likelihood of them getting another player as good as him to build around is slim.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Tkachuk's name being thrown out is going to hurt that relationship in CGY now knowing he was a trade chip.

Shouldn't have leaked it out

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Where have you lived that is worse than Rochester? No joke, I'm honestly curious.

FYI there are lots of places with four seasons and affordable housing that are also actually nice.

I grew up in Jamestown, NY and I'll take Rochester every day.

Have you ever lived in Rochester? If not, I'd love to know what you are basing this take that Rochester isn't nice on.

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Jan 24, 2007
Tkachuk's name being thrown out is going to hurt that relationship in CGY now knowing he was a trade chip.

He's been on the block for a few years now, I think in part due to it being pretty open secret he doesn't want to be in CGY long term (and supposedly wants STL).

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012

A good chance it's not Calgarys fault... some people just wanna throw names around and shoot for the stars in hopes they get more twitter followers

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017

If there was any merit to that rumour don’t you think the sabres jump on that?

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Plenty of former Sabres settle in the area after they retire. Martin Biron, Craig Rivet, Andrew Peters, Mike Peca, and the list goes on and on and on. And then you have a guy like Marcel Dionne, who never played for the Sabres, who settled here in his retirement.

I live in Rochester and I ran into Tim Connolly, who is also from Syracuse, at the grocery store a few weeks back.

So, you can have the narrative that nobody wants to live here. But, the facts of the situation may not align.
Wow! Six guys out of thousands!? You sure proved a point here…

The list of players who moved away is definitely way, wayyyy larger.

Which is ignoring the point that just being from a city doesn’t mean you’re happy to be back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad