Confirmed Trade: [BUF/VGK] Jack Eichel, c.'23 3rd for Alex Tuch, Peyton Krebs, c.'22 1st (Top10 protected), c.'23 2nd

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
You realize he probably won’t want to spend his prime years going thru a 3-4 year rebuild not making the playoffs?
If they can lock him up great, but if he wants to be on a contender soon, I don’t see it

Tuch has 4 plus years left on his contract. To even speculate about after that is silly.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
The value seems fine and Eichel might just be the one piece that's enough to push Vegas over the hump and get them that cup. However it looks like they're sitting at nearly $78M against the cap for next year with just 16 players signed from their current NHL roster if everyone is healthy and just lost a potential ELC contributor in Krebs. Interesting to see how they're going to manage that.

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa
So Buffalo traded

Eichel + O'Reilly + 3rd

for

Berglund + Sobotka + Tage Thompson + 2019 1st (Ryan Johnson) + 2021 2nd (traded for Colin Miller) + Tuch + Krebs + 2022 1st + 2023 2nd

I feel like I'm watching the old game show let's make a deal...
Botterill was horrible GM that created this Eichel situation with RK on the bench. Sabres have made nothing but smart hires since he left. Our analytics dept is no longer inept.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Vegas getting Tuch is a subtle move there too. They need useful players right now

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
My favourite are the reports that Carolina were in on Eichel.

Dundon: "k guys it's important that I convince people I'm the GOAT owner. Log onto HF Boards, search up the Eichel proposal that benefits us the most, and send that to Buffalo. That way, once someone does trade for him, the reports will say 'Carolina tried'"

LOL, it's amusing how much the Canes management gets under the skin of some posters. Like Dundon and the Canes management needs the adoration of HF posters so they'll drum up fake reports. In case you haven't been watching, they clearly aren't afraid to make moves that fans actually DON'T like. Much of the fan base didn't like: trading Ned, signing DeAngelo, not making a competitive offer to Dougie, trading Bean, letting John Forslund and Chuck Kaiton go, etc.... They make moves that they think will help the team win and help the bottom line, period and aren't afraid to look bad to the fan base in doing so.

It's regularly reported that Carolina pretty much kicks the tires on everyone so it's not surprising there was "interest". I doubt there was serious interest though, simply because the Canes didn't have the assets that they'd want to part with.

Canes don't have a 1st and Canes don't have a "Tuch" equivalent

Meichel Kane

My Name Is
Jun 6, 2006
upload_2021-11-4_9-44-25.png

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Too much esp since none of the picks are conditional b'c of Eichel actual issues.

Sabes only needed one idiot to massively overpay and for whatev reason, Vegas GM obliged.

Could still be a win win, but LV has taken all the risk, and it should not have been so desperate.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
So Buffalo traded

Eichel + O'Reilly + 3rd

for

Berglund + Sobotka + Tage Thompson + 2019 1st (Ryan Johnson) + 2021 2nd (traded for Colin Miller) + Tuch + Krebs + 2022 1st + 2023 2nd

I feel like I'm watching the old game show let's make a deal...
Did the Sabres pick what’s behind door number 3?

Reactions: Spektre

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
Eichel could potentially be back for the Olympics if everything goes right now.

There is ZERO chance the VGK allow Eichel to play given he still has to have the surgery and rehab. I suspect they will likely attempt a Kucherov type return.

Silky Johnson

I wish you all the bad things in life.
Mar 9, 2015
London, UK
No sorry required.

I've lived in worse places and visited a ton worse places for me.

I like four seasons, little traffic, and really affordable housing.

Where have you lived that is worse than Rochester? No joke, I'm honestly curious.

FYI there are lots of places with four seasons and affordable housing that are also actually nice.

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
Wasn’t Krebs drafted mid first round? Is a guy who doesn’t amount to much drafted mid first a bust, or more just falling into how most players drafted in that area turn out?
He was suppose to be high draft pick, top 10 but a injury during his draft year changed that and he slid quite a bit down

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Hard to say who wins this trade. Right off the bat I thought Vegas stole Eichel but Tuch and Krebs are good pieces and we don't know how long it will take Eichel to get back into form. Maybe this isn't a "this season" trade win for Vegas. Maybe this is more for the playoffs and moving forward after that.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
I like it a lot for both teams. Eichel solves the 1C issue for Vegas next year. I think he will thrive post surgery. Buffalo gets a solid prospect in Krebs and Tuch I think will be great for the Sabres. 25-30 goals in a healthy season. He's only 25 and on a great contract. Add the picks and I feel like both teams will be glad they made this deal.

Reactions: AGENTHARRY

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
ADR recovery is 3 months. He will play this season, as many as 30 games, before playoffs.
That is assuming there is ZERO setback whatsoever. I think its more around playoff time which Vegas by the looks of it will be out of it.

There are a few different reports that say 3 months, 4 months, 6 months

Prusmack said the ACDF surgery would have a three-month checkup and likely keep Eichel out of action for six months, and perhaps longer. The disk replacement would have Eichel on the ice training in six weeks and perhaps competing in practice in as few as eight weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad