Confirmed Trade: [BUF/VGK] Jack Eichel, c.'23 3rd for Alex Tuch, Peyton Krebs, c.'22 1st (Top10 protected), c.'23 2nd

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Vegas reminds of the late 90s Rangers always chasing the latest toy. Bad idea it didn’t work for the Rangers and it won’t work for Vegas should have stayed the course with the guys the drafted in the ED. What’s next Stone back to Ottawa? When healthy they will be 10 million over the cap. But no circumvention her at all right????

The IR thing is allowed though... its not like teams are cheating. Many teams utilize the IR always yet it's only complained about when teams like Tampa or potentially soon Vegas does it

I dunno, I prefer to see a GM do what's needed to be done within the rules to try to win

Reactions: Voight

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
JUST HEard FReidman on local radio saying the league had another doctor advise on ADR. Doctor okay with it. EIchel threatening grievance and now would likely win. Pressure on SAbres to make deal now or lose grievance.

This makes me laugh because I remember Sabres fans were insisting that the grievance was definitely going to fail and Eichel doing that wouldn't have made a difference.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Buffalo will be much better off from this in the long run. Something was off from the beginning with the relationship between Eichel and Buffalo. They get rid of the headache and add two top 6 building blocks plus a 1st going forward, I've always been a huge Krebs fan.

Vegas better hope that Eichel is fully healthy going forward or else they're putting a lot of eggs in this basket. Could be a huge reward though, obviously.

Mac Attack

Beefy Legs
Aug 15, 2018
Lmao at the return. You can’t make it up.

I’m sure NYR, BOS, OTT (and maybe even cheap MTL) all offered way more to get Eichel, and Buffalo was all :rolleyes: nah we’ll under trade him to go out west. :facepalm:

Krebs, Tuch, top-10 protected 1st round pick (likely to be a very late 1st) and potentially a swap of picks. :biglaugh:!
I'm sure you made this all up.

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
Decent return for Eichel all things considering.
Vegas is swinging for the fences, Eichel if healthy absolutely makes them a cup favorite. That’s what finally made McCrimmon cave on Krebs.
For the Sabres,
A plus is they got Eichel without having to take Any cash back
Tuch is a nice player signed too a good deal. I’ll doubt he’ll be there long because he’s not going to resign there but the Sabres should have no trouble flipping him for more assets at the deadline.
Krebs is a solid prospect. I’m not as high on him as many but if he hits his ceiling I think he could be a top notch 2C

You do realize Tuch is coming back to where he grew up and where his family is from?

Reactions: EichHart and Kyndig

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Do you jump at the first trade package that comes along from a team or try to squeeze every last piece out of a team?

I think Adams handled this the best he could and I have absolutely no issues with him.
I'm saying the Sabres were never in control. Despite Adams claims. They thought they could squeeze teams but they got squeezed

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
I don’t agree that this trade makes Vegas cup favourites. They might not even make the playoffs…..

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
You do realize Tuch is coming back to where he grew up and where his family is from?
You realize he probably won’t want to spend his prime years going thru a 3-4 year rebuild not making the playoffs?
If they can lock him up great, but if he wants to be on a contender soon, I don’t see it

Thorton02

Feb 6, 2009
For as horrible as Buffalo's roster looked this offseason, the idea of Krebs, Middlestadt, Tuch and Joker coming into the lineup in the next month or so gives me some hope for the season. Assuming Anderson can give us average goaltending this is a team that won't be mathematically eliminated from the playoffs in February.

Paralyzer

Oilers Win Cup in 2025
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
I find this funny Eichel went to Vegas. If you think Buffalo doesn't care about you as a person, meet Vegas. How they handled the Fleury situation should show you how much they will invest in Eichel as a person. This will be fun to watch.

Reactions: Voight
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad