Confirmed Trade: [BUF/VGK] Jack Eichel, c.'23 3rd for Alex Tuch, Peyton Krebs, c.'22 1st (Top10 protected), c.'23 2nd

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

displacedsabre

Feb 14, 2016
I dont see how Buffalo gets fleeced here at all. You had a player that was never going to play for the team again, with a damaged neck, that wanted a surgery the team (and other teams by the way) didnt agree with. Plus a 10mil contract and a NMC kicking in in the summer. Krebs fits the team perfectly. Tuch adds scoring on the wing where we are weak. With the kids crushing it in Rochester , plus Power and Dahlin, and Mitts turning into something, I actually am more optimistic that I have been in a while.

Reactions: StlSwedes

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Congrats to Eichel and to Sabres fans finally having this behind them. Tuch and Krebs are very good pickups and another 1st in the strong ‘22 draft is a big deal too.

As a Rangers fan I pretty much wanted us out of it. I just didn’t see our cap not being an issue for years going forward.
We were out as soon as negotiations became serious with Zibanejad. Obviously no cap room without Zibanejad going the other way, or not re-signing with us. Just wasn't a real possibility, especially when you consider we didn't have another 4-5 million multi-year contract that would be included in the deal.

Reactions: eco's bones

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
How does Vegas always seem to be the team that gets the shiny prize?

That first year SCF run pretty much put them in win-now mode and with all the fan support/excitement around the team, Foley wants to keep that going and get all the big names possible to extend their window and hopefully win a cup.

Crazy out they went from the misfits lead by Wild Bill / Marchessault to being a juggernaut lead by Stone/Piets and now Eichel. Literally started with nothing.

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa
Their draft record hasn't been very good outside of no brainers like Eichel/Dahlin/Power so this is a real possibility.
In the last 5 years its actually been strong. Im not sure if you just made that up or what but drafting recently is the least of their worries when all things are considered

Jun 15, 2007
Thats what happens when a star wants out and you go into panic mode. Also when you have an inexperienced GM and an owner who gives no F's.
Buffalo's problem is the exact opposite. Their owner gives too many f***s. They should let smarter hockey people make the decisions. Instead they think they know it all.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Idk if I woulda moved 3rd overall for that package tbh …. But at least it’s over for Buffalo

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Just because someone is from the Buffalo area doesn't mean they like it. Really, do you think knowing more about Buffalo would make it suck less...

My buddy is from Kabul and has family there, he still doesn't want to go back!

Plenty of former Sabres settle in the area after they retire. Martin Biron, Craig Rivet, Andrew Peters, Mike Peca, and the list goes on and on and on. And then you have a guy like Marcel Dionne, who never played for the Sabres, who settled here in his retirement.

I live in Rochester and I ran into Tim Connolly, who is also from Syracuse, at the grocery store a few weeks back.

So, you can have the narrative that nobody wants to live here. But, the facts of the situation may not align.

Reactions: Chainshot

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
People need to realize Tuch had the same amount of goals as ktachuk last year at 3 mil less per. He’s 26, under contract for 3 more years after this year and he’s only 26. Vegas got as good of a return as they could have gotten. For me, Buffalo wins this trade right now

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
And this is the result of Buffalo absolutely butchering the situation. They had a franchise player and now they do not.

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
People need to realize Tuch had the same amount of goals as ktachuk last year at 3 mil less per. He’s 26, under contract for 3 more years after this year and he’s only 26. Vegas got as good of a return as they could have gotten. For me, Buffalo wins this trade right now

the real winner in all of this though is eichel. He wins big time!

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
No everyone knows he was a solid player on a very good Vegas team. I think people are just nervous about his injury issues and the fact he's going to a team that his teammates and line mates aren't as good.

Maybe he excels in another environment where he will be leaned on WAY more or else maybe he struggles

Your saying it as though the team makes Tuch. This is a guy who has taken over playoff games by himself.. That size and speed don’t grow on trees. Plays up and down the lineup. He’s very hard to play against. Buffalo also gained a winner. A guy who despises losing.

As for Krebs, he’s going to be a good NHL player. We haven’t seen any flashes though that tell us he’ll be a star. That’s not to say he won’t be. He shows talent but he’s not showing like a Lucas Raymond has been for example.

The picks are always good. Obviously the haul from Calgary wasn’t what it was leading people to believe.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
ADR recovery is 3 months. He will play this season, as many as 30 games, before playoffs.

Nobody has a solid timeline for an NHL player returning to play from ADR as Eichel will be the first player ever to do it.

His doctor said it is 6-8 weeks from surgery to return to working out and on-ice activity. But, he never gave a return to play timeline.

Plus, it has been so long since Eichel has played in a game, he might get a conditioning stint in Henderson, too.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
If Krebs were a Habs prospect, he’d be considered a bust by all of HFBoards.
Wasn’t Krebs drafted mid first round? Is a guy who doesn’t amount to much drafted mid first a bust, or more just falling into how most players drafted in that area turn out?

Reactions: Voight
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad