Confirmed Trade: [BUF/VGK] Jack Eichel, c.'23 3rd for Alex Tuch, Peyton Krebs, c.'22 1st (Top10 protected), c.'23 2nd

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Silky Johnson

I wish you all the bad things in life.
Mar 9, 2015
London, UK
Given that he's from a couple hours east on I-90, I doubt he's that torn up about the move.

Just because someone is from the Buffalo area doesn't mean they like it. Really, do you think knowing more about Buffalo would make it suck less...

My buddy is from Kabul and has family there, he still doesn't want to go back!

Wilma

Sep 4, 2006
This feels like a good deal for both teams given the context.

Vegas gets the gamebreaker centre they need to finally put them over the top (last year's playoffs reinforced this weakness). They only sacrifice depth - which they've had a surplus of since joining the league, and should continue to depending on who's dealt to make the cap work. Obviously if the injury has long-term impacts, it's bad...but even then, they haven't bet the farm as the team should still be loaded for several years.

Buffalo does okay by getting a good complementary, cap-controlled player (Tuch), potential top line-ish player (Krebs), and some reasonably valuable draft capital. That's not a great return for a top-10 talent...but under the circumstances it feels reasonable...especially if you never believed the rumoured deals like Calgary's were real. (I don't.)

The only issue I see from Buffalo's side is that the circumstances which hurt Eichel's value were largely of their own creation. I don't think they could have done better now...but I do think there were better deals to be had in the summer before the relationship went totally south and the surgery delayed. Management still wears that.

Quack Shot

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal
Fitting that the gambling capital of the world is willing to gamble their future on his surgery and recovery.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I don't know about this one... Tuch is the only guy you know what you're gonna get from. For all we know Buffalo's gonna turn those draft picks and Krebs into dogshit.

Their draft record hasn't been very good outside of no brainers like Eichel/Dahlin/Power so this is a real possibility.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
A lot of people don’t realize how good Tuch is.

No everyone knows he was a solid player on a very good Vegas team. I think people are just nervous about his injury issues and the fact he's going to a team that his teammates and line mates aren't as good.

Maybe he excels in another environment where he will be leaned on WAY more or else maybe he struggles

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
You hope Krebs turns into half the player Eichel is, Tuch is a middle 6 forward, and the rest are magic beans.

There is no doubt Buff had better offers 5 months ago. Greedy
You hope Eichel is still Eichel after he has his disk is replaced. Yes he is young but that is a lot of gambling (vegas pun) on what if's. Krebs is a goo player who will come around i believe.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
This is a worse trade than the Joe Thornton trade back in 2005.

VGK 1st may be in the 24 to 32 range.
VGK 3rd is likely in the 90s.
Tuch is looking like a 2nd liner in Vegas but will probably produce less in Buffalo.
Krebs is looking like a potential 2nd/3rd liner as well.

In a good season from Eichel he is likely to outproduce the combined totals of Tuch and Krebs. And the late 1st is a 58 to 70% of being a player, depending on position.

Also won't Buffalo be hit with a penalty for being under the cap after Eichel leaves? They'll have to trade for a bad contract or two just to hit that 61 million.

Please learn to read before posting…..

buffalo us above the cap barely.

they might be making another move in the next week getting higher salary back.

Jarey Curry

Avalanche of Makar
May 2, 2015
Finland
buffalo was in deep shithole with this situation and this was one way to dig a way out of there but in all probability vegas gets a beast of a hockey player for years to come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad