Confirmed Trade: [BUF/VGK] Jack Eichel, c.'23 3rd for Alex Tuch, Peyton Krebs, c.'22 1st (Top10 protected), c.'23 2nd

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice Mammoth

Mar 14, 2021
This is a complete surprise. Jack Eichel was traded to another team. I am absolutely convinced that none of the forum participants could have imagined this. Jack goes to Vegas. Another surprise.
One might assume Edmonton Oilers or Tampa Bay Lightning. Certainly not Vegas Golden Knights (or Calgary Flames, for example). I'm trying to make sense of what happened.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
It's not a huge return and I wouldn't be happy with it if Eichel were a Ranger.

That said, with the situation being what it is, I guess the reality of getting much more than this was severely diminished.

I hope Eichel heals up and gets back to what he once was.

Hurricane Hugo

Jun 11, 2010
South Carolina
I think Buffalo made out as best they could given the circumstances. Eichel in Vegas is gonna be wild though, hopefully his surgery is successful and he returns to form. But I really want to to see this work out for Buffalo. Such a shit situation, hopefully it turns out to be a plus instead.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
Man, finally the dam broke!

With all the uncertainty, that's a good package for Buffalo IMO. Maybe another first in 2023 would've been fairer. But Tuch is 25 so he can stick with their rebuild or be dealt at the deadline for a whole lot.

I'm just happy for Buffalo fans that the whole saga is over, and they can move on. Also, CapFriendly hasnt updated for this trade yet, but how the hell does this go down long term for VGK? They're going to be squeezed like crazy next year, right? Another Tampa situation where they have to lose depth over the summer and shed assets for nothing?

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
At this point Buffalo was all about making the best of a bad situation.

They like their young guys, Granato has them playing for each other, and there are some nice pieces coming back. In Krebs and Tuch they may have just acquired 2/3rds of a good second line, plus picks.

With that said, the attention span here is like that of a gnat. Even if this year is a write off for Eichel, we have never seen him outside of an utterly cancerous situation and he was still a franchise center. I mean, a true superstar.

There are those who call him a part of the problem in Buffalo, and if so Buffalo has nobody to blame but themselves. You take a player who has been the best everywhere he has played since he was 3 years old, bring him to a franchise that literally quit on itself and ask him to be the saviour at 18? Yeah, shocking that it didn't work.

On Vegas (whom I f***ing hate btw as divisional opponent), he will have Pietro, Stone, Patches just to name a few. He won't get away with bullshit and he will learn.

If his neck gets back to a healthy enough level that he can trust his body, the Golden Knights have acquired a top 10 talent in the league.

Buffalo can be happy with what they received given the situation, but it was a terrible and botched situation.

Vegas is acquiring a superstar, with risk.

Interestingly, in losing yet another center man this year (and with Eichel out for 4 months minimum) the Golden Knights may have signed their own death warrant for this season. Fascinating and quite unprecedented in that it will make them worse in the short term, but possibly WAY better as soon as March of this season. If they stay within hailing distance of the playoffs, watch out.

As a Canucks fan, I can already see us being the plucky team that finds a way into the playoffs, only for Vegas to go 18-1 down the stretch to knock us out. Sigh.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Vegas got a #1 center within 4 years of existing, meanwhile the Habs haven't one in over a decade :naughty:

On the real tho, finally this is over with. I didn't know a GM could trade himself... :naughty:

Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Congrats to Eichel and to Sabres fans finally having this behind them. Tuch and Krebs are very good pickups and another 1st in the strong ‘22 draft is a big deal too.

As a Rangers fan I pretty much wanted us out of it. I just didn’t see our cap not being an issue for years going forward.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
This is a worse trade than the Joe Thornton trade back in 2005.

VGK 1st may be in the 24 to 32 range.
VGK 3rd is likely in the 90s.
Tuch is looking like a 2nd liner in Vegas but will probably produce less in Buffalo.
Krebs is looking like a potential 2nd/3rd liner as well.

In a good season from Eichel he is likely to outproduce the combined totals of Tuch and Krebs. And the late 1st is a 58 to 70% of being a player, depending on position.

Also won't Buffalo be hit with a penalty for being under the cap after Eichel leaves? They'll have to trade for a bad contract or two just to hit that 61 million.

Reactions: Skinnyjimmy08
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad