Confirmed Trade: [BUF/VGK] Jack Eichel, c.'23 3rd for Alex Tuch, Peyton Krebs, c.'22 1st (Top10 protected), c.'23 2nd

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Ok so how the hell does this work under the cap once Max and Stone are back? I guess they are going with a "we will cross that bridge when we get to it" attitude.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Comtois and Tuch have the same point total this year and Tuch hasn’t even played yet.

Had the same point total last year too despite Comtois being essentially a rookie on the worst offensive team in the league and Tuch being a well established winger on a contender.

The copium is pretty funny, but yeah, if the 3rd overall pick was on the table previously this is a pretty clear and obvious failure on the Sabres' part.

Selanne00008

Jun 2, 2006
NYC - UES
As a Sabres fan I'm happy, EXCEPT for finding out the pick is top 10 protected. I could easily see that happening. Especially with Jack not able to help them out until late February and after 0 game action for an entire year.

How much more would the Sabres get? Krebs, Tuch, a 1st in 22, and what? Another first in 2023? We can't hold out for that and need to move the f on already. If they paid to acquire less to have Vegas deal with the surgery, outcome and rehab, i'm fine with it.

Hope Krebs turns into our solid 2nd line center. I'd be fine with that. Tuch is a nice add, 25 and cost controlled through his prime and not a year more. Local kid as well to Buffalo.

Happy for Vegas if they are. I hope Jack's surgery is successful and he does well. But, I have my doubts that he will return to his former self for the remainder of the contract. Back/Neck issues Never go away, ever. So, best of luck for now.

Last edited:

Rec T

Jun 1, 2007
NKY
Woo hoo, it's finally done & the Ducks didn't gut the team to get stuck with him. Now on to the next phase of the endless speculation - 'Will he come all the way back after surgery...?'

Let's set the o/u at three full/closed threads of 1200posts each. I'll take the over.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
That's better than having conditions on Eichel's health and productivity in the future.

If Eichel is never able to return to the level of an NHL 1C, this is a slam dunk win for the Sabres as there is no protection on that front for Vegas.

Yes. We'll see how this surgery goes for Eichel. It's not so much whether he can get back, I think he'll play again. It's whether it can help him stay in the game / healthy. Has he ever had a season where he wasn't injured?

Tuch has had major injury issues too, and a concussion history.

Reactions: A Loyal Demidog

displacedsabre

Feb 14, 2016
Good job Adams, Im happy with that return. Looks like Vegas willnow be the 2nd team i root for. I hope Jack comes back 100% and he tears into Anaheim, Calgary, and the Kings for years, and co$$ blocks them from winning anything of importance.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Buffalo gets fleeced. This seems to be a recurring thing with them.
The value is on par for Eichel given the injury and surgery desired. To date 3 contact sport professionals have had this surgery, 1 still going with reduced results, 1 forced to leave his sport and 1 still recovering. Vegas paid the price necessary to adjust for the risk/reward, and, as very few actual hockey fans acknowledge, Eichel led Buffalo nowhere. He may have been touted as a great elite talent coming out of his draft class, but the Sabres were not, in point of fact, better with him in their line up, as their record of 6 seasons with Eichel attests to.

This was a fair value trade.

I'd like hockey fans to really pause and step back for the wider view of what actually happened to the Sabres fn base, not the organization, but the fan base. It was clear the NHL hosed Bualo at the 2015 draft, and in the process, destroyed one of the top 10 fan bases. In its league.

Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov

russ99

Jun 9, 2011
Seems a good trade from both sides.

Vegas assumes the risk of surgery and if Eichel can come back 100%. Many back surgeries reduce range of motion. Also could put them in cap crunch.

Buffalo assumes risk he does come back 100% making the return too low, but adds some nice players and picks.

The real winner in this is Eichel who finally escapes that toxic situation in Buffalo, can finally get the surgery he wants and hopefully resumes his hockey career with a playoff team.

OrangePMD

Feb 2, 2021
Finland
I think this is a decent return for Buffalo. A good top-6 winger with term (and is a local kid), high upside center prospect and a first. No cap dumps or dead weight. That's solid get for a guy who wasn't going to play for you anymore.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
It's going to be interesting to follow the Eichel recovery time frame. Does anyone know the timeline on the surgery recovery?

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Yes. We'll see how this surgery goes for Eichel. It's not so much whether he can get back, I think he'll play again. It's whether it can help him stay in the game / healthy. Has he ever had a season where he wasn't injured?

Tuch has had major injury issues too, and a concussion history.

Eichel played 81 games as a rookie and 68 games in the COVID shortened '19-20 season.

He has missed 15+ games in 4 separate seasons, including this year and last year with the neck injury.

member 334057

A little less than what I was hoping for personally but still a decent deal considering he was traded out of the conference and the Sabres didn't have to retain at all. With the number of holes on the Sabres roster adding a proven NHL top 6 player along with a good prospect and a 1st will probably help fill more of the gaps than just having a great 1C surrounded by mediocrity. Now they just have to hope 2 of Krebs, Cozens and Mittelstadt can be the future at 1 and 2C with all of their current prospects and picks the next 2 years filling in the rest of the gaps.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
He def did not it was Dach then Byram when he got hurt

Dylan Cozens at eliteprospects.com

Someone needs to tell Elite Prospects & Getty Images then.

dylan-cozens-and-connor-mcmichael-of-canada-celebrate-a-goal-against-picture-id1230427571

dec-31-can-fin.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad