Confirmed Trade: [BUF/VGK] Jack Eichel, c.'23 3rd for Alex Tuch, Peyton Krebs, c.'22 1st (Top10 protected), c.'23 2nd

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Jan 24, 2007
Sabres likely did the best they could, Tkachuk had no real value to them, maybe they flip him to St Louis for a 1st plus but I don’t do that rumored trade without working out a three way deal.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Assuming no players on LTIR for next season (2022-23), this deal sets Vegas up to have ~$10.7M in cap space with 12 players under contract. Obviously plenty of time and options to resolve the problem, but it will be very interesting to see what they do.

Did you add the $1m bump to cap? It's expected to be $82.5m. Otherwise, they'll have to do what TB does & buy LTIR space.

You can have Weber for a top 10 protected 1st. :naughty:

Reactions: A Loyal Demidog

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Yep and I don't feel bad either after months of chest thumping and how every team had shit and only an embarrassment of riches was worthy of the great Jack Eichel.
I mean it is technically atleast 10x better than what Rangers fans were willing to offer...

Krebs will make or break this deal combined with Eichels recovery..

Buffalo probably should have gotten an extra quality piece to mitigate the risk but it looks like they really like Tuch so maybe thats enough for them.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Remember when Buffalo Sabres fans were thrashing on other teams offers?

Stay polite. But hope better things to come and Buffalo to be competitive again. Cheers

But it's always like that, with every teams fans overhyping their own players most of the time, other teams fans underhyping said players most of the time, and people from everywhere trashing offers left and right cause why not ?

Don't expect politeness and decency from the Trade Boards.

Still, I also hope for better things ahead for Buffalo fans, I'm a Habs fan but for some reasons I always liked the Sabres, and can't wait til they people who are supposed to build that team finally build one.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
We will never know the true value until the picks have been selected and how much they end up being for each franchise...

Oh crap...my bad we aren't supposed to think that far and be rational...Right we have to pick a winner...BOTH...no that's not how it works.

NHL wins! that's it...

Good luck to both teams though.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
For Buffalo's sake I really hope Tuch can do well.. he has been on a very good VGK team so now I'll be curious how he does when on a lesser team.. plus hopefully there aren't any long term shoulder issues.

Krebs is a good prospect. Myself I am not huge on him but he's still pretty good. I watched him alot throughout junior and always thought he was a good player. I never thought he had huge NHL potential, but hopefully I am wrong.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I'm not the biggest Krebs fan but hopefully he pans out and is exactly what Buffalo needs. I do like Tuch but he obviously can't end up the best piece coming back for Buffalo, otherwise multiple prospects and futures would have been the better haul, but I guess that's a big question mark anyways.

Last edited:

Chuck Norris Trophy

Jan 22, 2015
Holy shit it finally happened. Sorry if this has been mentioned, is there any news relating Eichel's surgery, will VGK provide him with the one he wants?

Finner

Dec 8, 2018
Huge hype over Eichel and rumours. Then it happens and its like meh. I feel bad for Tuch. Glad its over

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Apparently, the 1st is top 10 protected. Makes the deal a little less great for Buffalo.

That's better than having conditions on Eichel's health and productivity in the future.

If Eichel is never able to return to the level of an NHL 1C, this is a slam dunk win for the Sabres as there is no protection on that front for Vegas.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad