Confirmed Trade: [BUF/VGK] Jack Eichel, c.'23 3rd for Alex Tuch, Peyton Krebs, c.'22 1st (Top10 protected), c.'23 2nd

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Random schmoe

Random fan with their own opinions
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2019
Assuming no players on LTIR for next season (2022-23), this deal sets Vegas up to have ~$10.7M in cap space with 12 players under contract. Obviously plenty of time and options to resolve the problem, but it will be very interesting to see what they do.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Lmao at the return. You can’t make it up.

I’m sure NYR, BOS, OTT (and maybe also cheap MTL) all offered way more to get Eichel, and Buffalo was all :rolleyes: nah we’ll under trade him to go out west. :facepalm:

Krebs, Tuch, top-10 protected 1st round pick (likely to be a late-1st) and potentially a swap of picks. :biglaugh:!

Name a young center better than Krebs that any of those teams were willing to put in the deal?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Krebs is not far off Zegras as prospects
Tuch is better than Comtois
We got our 1st plus.

Very close TBH. We got what we wanted.
I’d say comtois is closer to tuch than krebs is to zegras…. No disrespect to krebs, who I like a lot and wanted anaheim to draft in that draft(didn’t think zegras/turcotte would be there)

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
That seems fine for Buffalo but I was honestly expecting more.

Vegas is going to be filthy in the future. Dynasty in the making IMO.

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
So Eichel isn't going to play this year, is that correct? He has been needing surgery and for some unknown reason hasn't had it yet? Or did I misread something from this very entertaining thread?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Go read the Sabres board from months ago. We wanted Tuch, Krebs and multiple picks. We got it. Thrilled.
That was after it settled and you guys realized you weren’t getting a top tier prospect, and assuming the 3rds ends up with Vegas gaining spots not Buffalo.

for what it’s worth I think it’s a decent deal for Buffalo but it’s no where near what was being suggested the last couple months

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
All things considered I think this is a deal that works out for both teams. Sucks that Buffalo loses the best player in the real and their captain but that relationship was clearly over.

filinski77

Feb 12, 2017
Gotta imagine the Knights will make some more moves to clear the cap? No idea how long Pacioretty is supposed to be on LTIR for though

Eichel @ $10 million
Stone @ $9.5 million
Petro @ $8.8 million
Patches @ $7 million

Plus SEVEN players at $5-5.9 million

Reactions: Extra Texture
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad