Confirmed Trade: [BUF/VGK] Jack Eichel, c.'23 3rd for Alex Tuch, Peyton Krebs, c.'22 1st (Top10 protected), c.'23 2nd

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I maybe in the minority..... this does not spark joy. I'd rather Krebs and Tuch honestly. I mean we stuggled at the best of times to be more than a two line team..... this makes that much much worse.
It seems theyre getting highly underrated as players from what Ive read about them. Tuch is a really nice piece, and Krebs is thr blue chipper we needed down the middle. Love what Ive read about their style of play, too.

That being said, Eichel is such a beast. You wont be disappointed in the trade once he laces up for y'all.

A Loyal Demidog

Marc Bergevin's Bitch
Oct 20, 2016
Name a young center better than Krebs that any of those teams were willing to put in the deal?
1 point (an assist) in 14 games Krebs?

Then again, I’m not that high on Krebs. He’s a borderline blue chipper.

I do believe Buffalo could have gotten way more from an Eastern team. This is ROR 2.0, if you ask me.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

tlk

hARry kane comeS homE
Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg
I'd be more concerned with the accounts that paid money for a billboard and didn't even get their guy
I'm sure they're OK. It was PR for their blog/pod and paid for by crowdfunding anyway. A bit of fan service so to say.
The overreaction it caused was always the target, not getting Eichel lol

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
That was after it settled and you guys realized you weren’t getting a top tier prospect, and assuming the 3rds ends up with Vegas gaining spots not Buffalo.

for what it’s worth I think it’s a decent deal for Buffalo but it’s no where near what was being suggested the last couple months
Krebs is a top prospect if Zegras is. Don’t be bitter.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Not nearly as much as some wanted/expected, but not surprising tbh. A bit surprised some didn’t offer more, those desperately in need of a true 1C.

Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
Great move for Vegas. Assuming he returns to health within the next 15 months, Vegas has four shots at a cup with their #1 gap- a franchise center- solved while giving up a top 6 wing, a late 1st, and a very good prospect.

For Buffalo I think they got the best young player and best prospect that was likely to be available. I didn't see Rossi being available and Boston doesn't have anyone as good.

I anticipate the 2nd and 3rd will largely be a wash (a trade-up might cost a 4th or 5th), so they really got three 1st-round level assets, but Tuch and Krebs are worth more than a 1st.

As a Sharks fan, not happy about it, but hopefully Doug will be able to see San Jose really can't compete with Colorado and Vegas. Maybe we can trade Burns, Couture, and Hertl to other competitors to hurt Vegas' chances.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Joel Ward

Sep 24, 2012
Toronto
Congrats Knights fans! If Jack returns to form after his surgery, this is a steal for Vegas. Having watched Eichel and Matthews live numerous times each, I'm taking Eichel nine times out of ten.

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Jan 24, 2007
Sabres got fleeced. If you had proposed this exact package yesterday you would have gotten shouted down for not including at least two more firsts. Now it's a great trade .

You can look through previous posts whenever krebs/tuch were suggested. Lots of people seemed to consider them untouchable (it’s hfboards you know, any decent prospect is untouchable) and Eichel tainted goods.

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI
So Eichel isn't going to play this year, is that correct? He has been needing surgery and for some unknown reason hasn't had it yet? Or did I misread something from this very entertaining thread?

He wanted to get a different surgery than the Sabres wanted him to get. So they were at a stalemate and Eichel probably didn't want to risk losing the balance of his contract by getting the surgery he wanted. Now, with Vegas, he can presumably get the one he wants.

D Wakaluk

Dec 8, 2010
stuck in the '90s
Is that ZachAttack(sp?) guy gonna have to switch favourite teams now?

--

Decent return imo. Getting Eichel is still a gamble so a 100% Jack would have gotten more

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Krebs is a top prospect if Zegras is. Don’t be bitter.
Why would I be bitter, I told you that you wouldn’t get zegras byfield laf drysdale raymond Seider etc…. And that was correct….

you got a 2nd tier prospect who is a top 50 prospect in league but not top 10…. Most Sabre fans wanted a top prospect for eichel, krebs is really good but he’s be 4th in Anaheim prospect pool

And I’d put him behind the Quinn cozens and powers in buffalos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad