Confirmed Trade: [BUF/VGK] Jack Eichel, c.'23 3rd for Alex Tuch, Peyton Krebs, c.'22 1st (Top10 protected), c.'23 2nd

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Must be terrifying playing in Vegas. Doesn’t matter how well you play, you could be shipped out tomorrow for the shiny new toy.
You make it sound like they are making trades just for the sake of it. Their "shiny new toys" are basically their core.

Reactions: Soundgarden

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Lol about the return, going back to summer and the Buffalo demands :laugh:

To me it always made sense that the trade will be with some bubble contender, not with a team on the rise – teams like Vegas will be willing to risk the most for a trade like this.

Anyway, very happy that Eichel will get to a better team and do the surgery he wants. Happy to see him more, not happy to see him scoring on us much more times throughout the year :laugh:

Reactions: Yemeth

joepeps

Jan 2, 2004
Toronto
Visit site
If the rumored calgary trade was really offered, this is a terrible deal to take. Even if they flipped matty... hell you could have flipped him for marner lol

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
That's it? After 18 months of insane requests by Buffalo fans... this is what Eichel gets traded for? What we all pretty much expected? Something decent and unspectacular?
Are you surprised by the fact fans on an internet forum over value their players? Happens all the time. Then fans of other teams come through on the day the trade happens saying 'can you believe *insert team's* fans thought they'd get more?'. It's like clock work on this site, man, haha. It's why I paid hardly any attention to those threads.

Krebs and Tuch are really interesting pieces, though. Could help build a different culture in Buffalo.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Big win for Vegas. Decent haul for Buffalo. Krebs is a nice pickup, but he's never going to be Eichel. Tuch is seriously injury prone, but when he plays is a force.

We'll see how the 1st goes. Probably be a late one. 2nd is a decent add too. More picks in top 100.

It's less than I expected, but Buffalo got their 1st, a grade A prospect, and a strong top 6 player in Tuch, and the Eichel drama is done.

Vegas get a franchise center, albeit with known neck issues. We'll see how things work out there. No conditions on the trade.

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
I love that VGK is always trying to compete and be a top team. This team will be a higher end team forever.

So cool to see such a new team always looking to get better and better

So many teams sit around and do nothing and are always mediocre

I can't believe they just acquire Eichel... my god

The absolutely will not. They better hope they capitalize on their window as contenders, because they’re going to be in for some dark years eventually the way they ship out first rounders/high end prospects like a bad habit.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Pretty fair trade IMO. Tuch is a good add and could play later this year. Krebs hasn't done much yet in the NHL. Plus a 1st in a decent draft this year and a 3rd next year.

For Vegas they get 4 years of Eichel once he comes back from his surgery and will definitely push for a cup if Eichel returns to his usual form

serp

Jan 17, 2016

See Vegas knows they could very well really suck because of injuries this year. If it was unprotected i think this pick had serious potential for the Sabres but alas its not

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Are you surprised by the fact fans on an internet forum over value their players? Happens all the time. Then fans of other teams come through on the day the trade happens saying 'can you believe *insert team's* fans thought they'd get more?'. It's like clock work on this site, man, haha. It's why I paid hardly any attention to those threads.

Krebs and Tuch are really interesting pieces, though. Could help build a different culture in Buffalo.

Not surprised in the least. But as much as I was SURE the return wouldn't be anywhere near what was speculated (which was correct), I also thought they could do a bit better than this...

Reactions: Tob

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
What does being from Syracuse have to do with it? Just because somebody is from somewhere doesn’t mean they want to go back. Especially from a great place to work to a place that’s been a total train wreck.

Tuch spends a lot of time in Buffalo in the off season.

Like Eichel skating at the Bruins practice rink, Tuch has been skating with guys at the Sabres practice rink during the off season.

So, while going from a contender to a team that is rebuilding again likely isn't going to put a smile on his face, the move to Buffalo itself likely isn't as upsetting to Tuch as it would be to most guys like the league.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
The absolutely will not. They better hope they capitalize on their window as contenders, because they’re going to be in for some dark years eventually the way they ship out first rounders/high end prospects like a bad habit.

They will be fine. They will always be contending

Id be estatic to be a VGK fan. Doing their best to put the best product they can on the ice every year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad