Confirmed Trade: [BUF/VGK] Jack Eichel, c.'23 3rd for Alex Tuch, Peyton Krebs, c.'22 1st (Top10 protected), c.'23 2nd

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Impressive trade.

Really wish now that other teams simply wouldn't trade with Vegas to force them over the cap when Eichel returns.

Someone has got to make them pay

I can see Vegas moving Reilly Smith. UFA. $5m cap. Trade him & a 2nd to some team with cap. They retain and trade him somewhere else.

Reactions: Morrison

Random schmoe

Random fan with their own opinions
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2019
Underwhelming return.

Tuch is a solid top 6 winger, maybe a TJ Oshie type, signed to a fair long term deal. Krebs, juries still out but likely a first line center and possibly a star, and the 1st will be in the back half of the round.

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Buffalo should have gotten way more. I think there's a risk but people forget that Eichel has still the potential to be a franchise player.
He's basically a franchise player. He had already become one, he's just injured at the moment, that is all.

Buffalo is too dysfunctional to judge a player from his stint there. ROR had been hated for quite some time by their fans, openly said he was unhappy there and as a cherry on top ran through tim hortons lol, quite possibly being too emotionally unstable at that moment.

He needs a fresh start, it's life, that stuff happens.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
As a Sabres fan pretty happy with the return.
Tuch and Krebs are nice pieces to add to the young core we're building + 3 1st round picks in a deep draft. Just have to develop the young players. The skill is there for sure, and I like Granato a lot. Im optimistic.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Theodore will be upset today. Him and Tuch EXTREMELY close... their girlfriends grew up together in Vancouver too.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
This is a pretty solid deal for both clubs, imo. Buffalo's return could have been much, much worse than this. Plus, this sneaky team suddenly gets Krebs into their lineup and Tuch will join them later on. Adding those two forwards to what they are already doing looks quite interesting.

Vegas needs to tread water for a while but eventually, they will be legitimate contenders again. They just have to get there first.

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
Tuch is waking up this morning in tears

Poor guy
Should've done what Karlsson did :sarcasm:
d412cc36-66b5-4b53-9ee4-05e10a72e004_text.gif

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Might be a great trade, no one knows how Eichel will play coming back. Pretty gamble, considering that, they didn’t pay as much as Buffalo supposedly wanted.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
This is a pretty solid deal for both clubs, imo. Buffalo's return could have been much, much worse than this. Plus, this sneaky team suddenly gets Krebs into their lineup and Tuch will join them later on. Adding those two forwards to what they are already doing looks quite interesting.

Vegas needs to tread water for a while but eventually, they will be legitimate contenders again. They just have to get there first.

For argument's sake, what is much much worse than this deal if we're dealing with Vegas as the trade partner still? Krebs+Tuch? 1st+Tuch, Krebs+1st? I don't think it could have been much worse.

iginlafan77

Dec 5, 2014
I thought that his surgery will keep him away from action for a full year. If so, Vegas have plenty of time to make moves.
I've seen varying timelines, but there do seem to be quite a lot of people thinking that he's potentially back in the season, maybe even for the olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad