Confirmed Trade: [BUF/VGK] Jack Eichel, c.'23 3rd for Alex Tuch, Peyton Krebs, c.'22 1st (Top10 protected), c.'23 2nd

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Couldn't this deal have been done in May? Adams played hardball for this package?

Buffalo definately was demanding more back then. Since then Eichels value dropped and got to a point where teams were comfortable what they would give up for him

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa
And this is the result of Buffalo absolutely butchering the situation. They had a franchise player and now they do not.
They had no choice. Everyone who caused this problem is no longer here. RK, Housley, Botterill. Adams was dealt a shit hand and honestly did exactly what I wanted him to do. The return is a TBD. Krebs could become a high end 2C and we have 3 1sts next year plus a stocked prospect pool coming. Sabres develop these cost controlled players and can use a ton of cap space to add an elite player in the coming years to round it out. All hinges on development, which for now, has looked really good (Quinn, Peterka, Power, etc)

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
Couldn't this deal have been done in May? Adams played hardball for this package?

Do you jump at the first trade package that comes along from a team or try to squeeze every last piece out of a team?

I think Adams handled this the best he could and I have absolutely no issues with him.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
I mean it is technically atleast 10x better than what Rangers fans were willing to offer...

Krebs will make or break this deal combined with Eichels recovery..

Buffalo probably should have gotten an extra quality piece to mitigate the risk but it looks like they really like Tuch so maybe thats enough for them.

What Rangers fans were willing to offer is irrelevant because he didn't go there and most of us didn't want him anywhere near this organization.

But to your point, if it is 10x better than what Rangers fans were offering, it is still 50x worse than what Buffalo fans were expecting and I'll leave it there.

Reactions: 5cotland

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
As for Krebs, he’s going to be a good NHL player. We haven’t seen any flashes though that tell us he’ll be a star. That’s not to say he won’t be. He shows talent but he’s not showing like a Lucas Raymond has been for example.

The skating and never quit on a play, attitude, led me to believe he'd end up almost star like in the NHL. My views on him have dropped now to the point where I'm not really sold on him having a top 6 NHL career, but if you asked me 3-4 years ago, I would have put money on him being a very good top 6 player, maybe a better LW than center, but that's not really relevant.[/QUOTE]

KeyserSoze81

Mar 1, 2007
Rochester, NY
This has the potential to be a top 5 worst trade of all time, what the actual f*** Buffalo ? Adams should be immediately fired and banned from everything hockey, I genuinely feel awful for the Sabres fans, this is f***ed.

Eichel is injured, wants a questionable surgery, wants out, and makes $10M. I think 3 first round equivalents is a solid deal considering the risk involved. He should rebound to his #1C form and all parties turn the page.

Reactions: MacOfNiagara

Tripledeke333

Jun 25, 2021
If Eichel gets back to his old self, this is great for Vegas. Krebs will be good but he is no Eichel. Late 1sts often don’t amount to much. Great for Vegas!

Reactions: Fatass

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
Vegas reminds of the late 90s Rangers always chasing the latest toy. Bad idea it didn’t work for the Rangers and it won’t work for Vegas should have stayed the course with the guys the drafted in the ED. What’s next Stone back to Ottawa? When healthy they will be 10 million over the cap. But no circumvention her at all right????

Reactions: iCanada and Dakkon

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007
Didn’t read the whole thread. What is Eichel’s ETA if he gets the surgery he wants? Could he still make the playoffs?

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Good luck with 11 players taking up $79 million of the $81 million cap
I guess the plan in a first time is to put him on LTIR until playoff time, Kucherov style. Rielly is a UFA so most likely he does not come back and then you fill the gaps with minium wage player.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Do you jump at the first trade package that comes along from a team or try to squeeze every last piece out of a team?

I think Adams handled this the best he could and I have absolutely no issues with him.

I don't think you do either, you just make the best deal you can. It's impossible to say without knowing all the potential offers, but I'd find it hard to believe this was the best deal they could've made.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Decent return for Eichel all things considering.
Vegas is swinging for the fences, Eichel if healthy absolutely makes them a cup favorite. That’s what finally made McCrimmon cave on Krebs.
For the Sabres,
A plus is they got Eichel without having to take Any cash back
Tuch is a nice player signed too a good deal. I’ll doubt he’ll be there long because he’s not going to resign there but the Sabres should have no trouble flipping him for more assets at the deadline.
Krebs is a solid prospect. I’m not as high on him as many but if he hits his ceiling I think he could be a top notch 2C
Late 1st which was The piece everyone knew would be coming back no matter who they traded with.
Next 2 drafts are solid, so adding any extra 1sts is a plus
All in all solid, yet unspectacular. Basically what most of us thought the return would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad