Confirmed Trade: [BUF/VGK] Jack Eichel, c.'23 3rd for Alex Tuch, Peyton Krebs, c.'22 1st (Top10 protected), c.'23 2nd

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
That's only applicable if they MAKE the playoffs. Would be funny to see then not make it now because of depth reasons.

It very well could happen and Buffalo would be licking their chops at potentially having two picks in the top 15.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
I grew up in Jamestown, NY and I'll take Rochester every day.

Have you ever lived in Rochester? If not, I'd love to know what you are basing this take that Rochester isn't nice on.

Rochester has been in steady decline since Eastman/Kodak closed up shop. That company supplied that area with so many good paying jobs for a lot of families
A real shame too imo

Reactions: Poppy Whoa Sonnet

Iwishihadaspacebar

Apr 27, 2021
Barring the 3rds this was roughly what I had guessed back in the summer.

I think it was Tuch, Krebs, 1st and a 2nd or Hague.

Vegas has made sense from the off as it works for both teams. Vegas get their 1C, Buffalo get a very underrated player in Tuch, a prospect that they can give time to develop and a 1st in a good draft. Plus their biggest problem is now gone and they can rebuild.

Buffalo have a very nice prospect pool now and that'll get bigger in the next draft.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Well, this development certainly takes the intense spotlight off of Gary and his abhorrent press conference performance earlier this week.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
LOL, it's amusing how much the Canes management gets under the skin of some posters. Like Dundon and the Canes management needs the adoration of HF posters so they'll drum up fake reports. In case you haven't been watching, they clearly aren't afraid to make moves that fans actually DON'T like. Much of the fan base didn't like: trading Ned, signing DeAngelo, not making a competitive offer to Dougie, trading Bean, letting John Forslund and Chuck Kaiton go, etc.... They make moves that they think will help the team win and help the bottom line, period and aren't afraid to look bad to the fan base in doing so.

It's regularly reported that Carolina pretty much kicks the tires on everyone so it's not surprising there was "interest". I doubt there was serious interest though, simply because the Canes didn't have the assets that they'd want to part with.

Canes don't have a 1st and Canes don't have a "Tuch" equivalent
I mean this guy is HABitually all over any thread about the Canes trying to trash the team and Dundon. The kid has a big ol axe to grind, and its amusing to see.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Ehhhh......not much coming back + draft picks are mostly a wash.

One injured player, one good young player, whos already with pro experience,
who can jump in right now.

But then again,.... that Sabres roster is good, great coaching, adding someone like Alex Tuch
and Peyton Krebs, why change something what isn't broken, nice tweaks, good job.

Something what the Leafs should have done after their record braking season; few tweaks.

At first thought, Sabres lose in this trade, but after second thought...it might be a really good trade.

Snaibberi

Mar 20, 2008
So McJesus light was worth of a few maybes and lottery tickets? Who would have thought this a few years ago :popcorn:

iginlafan77

Dec 5, 2014
So how exactly is this working cap wise for Vegas right now?
If they demote Rondbjerg and Leschyshyn (both don't require waivers) and make this trade, they're 1.75M over the cap.
Mark Stone to LTIR maybe?

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
Any Eichel trade you were going to feel like they got fleeced. There is no way you trade a superstar and get what is perceived as fair value. In Eichels case it was going to be even harder considering his situation about neck surgery.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Forget about the neck issue. Eichel wanted out, and Adams wanted to get rid of him

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
In before part two! Seems like a decent deal for both sides tbh. I don’t think it’s as big a fleecing as others but Vegas definitely got good value

Montag DP

Sabres fan in...
Apr 4, 2007
...Maryland
It's a better return than I expected. You're never going to win the trade when you trade a #1C, but considering the circumstances, I'm fine with the return. It was time to move on. I wish Jack a successful surgery, speedy recovery, and return to his best form in Vegas.

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Good job by Buffalo to hold out and get a good return. Good job by Vegas to get the best player in franchise history.

KPower

Jan 17, 2012
Will be the on the top 10 NHL worst trades of all time.

lol @ Buffalo

Toronto makebeleifs

Jul 4, 2014
Ok so how the hell does this work under the cap once Max and Stone are back? I guess they are going with a "we will cross that bridge when we get to it" attitude.
4 month recovery time for eichel +/-. That puts em at april. Theyre doing a kucherov this yr, likely trade smith and maybe martinez in the offseason. Problem solved.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Perhaps Krebs lack of production over the first 14 games made him available. Hence Vegas wouldn't move him in August, but was willing to now?

Could be right. He’s has been ok and hasn’t shown the flashes you’d expect. That doesn’t mean they won’t come but he has been just ok.

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
This is a huge win for Vegas.

Krebs - future 2nd line at best
Tuch - 2nd line
Picks

vs.

Eichel - elite #1 center

Vegas offense will be insane:
Marchessault - Eichel - Pacioretty
Smith - Karlsson - Stone