Confirmed Trade: [BUF/VGK] Jack Eichel, c.'23 3rd for Alex Tuch, Peyton Krebs, c.'22 1st (Top10 protected), c.'23 2nd

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Suzuki isn't a 1C. Krebs isn't likely to become one either, though there's some chance. I do like him. I like Tuch, too, both as a player and as a fit for Buffalo (he grew up a Sabres fan). They're never going to replace what Jack was to this team, but nothing we got in a trade for him was ever going to; that wasn't the expectation.
Thanks for the feedback from a BUF perspective.

Has Eichel's preference for thee specific type of neck surgery been agreed upon by VGK?

I don't see Suzuki as a true 1C either (yet), even if that's where he slots in. He may never be. I thought it was way too high risk & early for MB to give him that $ & term.

This will start to kill the CAP, poss. shutdown the next CBA, when young sub 25yo RFA's get paid like UFA's. GM's beware, don't say we didn't warn you.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Fully healthy Eichel will score 95+ points every year and establish himself in the top 5 C level again, is my prediction.

But it is a question of whether Jack will get fully healthy again, which is why the return isn’t higher.

Still quite a bit better than what I was expecting, considering reports in the summer that Krebs was untouchable.

Reactions: WiHockeyGuy

KidLine93

May 15, 2012
Well I guess we gotta hope Vegas struggles until Eichel is back and misses the playoffs. Because that roster looks absolutely stacked when healthy.

Props to Vegas for going for it once again though. Thats Stone, Pietrangelo and now Eichel they acquired. Must be exciting to be a fan of their team.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Looks like buffalo wanted Krebs bad enough to relent on everything else. Good for both teams.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
That's not my understanding.

When the roster is playing and fully healthy they need to be under the cap with the exception that if other players are, at that same time still on LTIR then they can use that space.
You don't accrue anything ever.

I'm using a combination of Puckpedia: Long Term Injured Reserve (LTIR) - High Level Overview | Puckpedia
and the actual CBA: Collective Bargaining Agreement
Again cap is used daily except for the first day of the season. So, Vegas would have to fit the remainder of his daily cap hit under their cap ceiling. I don’t think he comes back until very late, if at all, so this is fairly moot.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
The absolutely will not. They better hope they capitalize on their window as contenders, because they’re going to be in for some dark years eventually the way they ship out first rounders/high end prospects like a bad habit.

What window? They might not even make the playoffs this year and next year they have 3.5 million to sign 8 guys?

Last edited:

MacOfNiagara

Feb 8, 2006
Ithaca
Youngish top 6 powerforward on a really good contract, bluechip NHL ready prospect, a 1st in a good draft and a 2nd.

Maybe it’s not as much as what Sabres fans had wanted but it’s a really good return.
I like it given the circumstances. Especially like no retention and no cap dumps.

nucksauce

Oct 30, 2013
Good return Buffalo. Nice for them to move on from this.

Vegas gets their first Franchise centre hoping this works out for Eichel the league needs talent like him.

Another chapter closed. Thank God!

Reactions: Team Cozens

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
If bobble head night doesn’t mean the actual Eichel, this is pretty good for Vegas

Tuch is under rated but also seems to be an injury waiting to happen.
Krebs is going to be good
Magic beans at draft. So remains to be seen.

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
I cannot believe Buffalo let them top 10 protect their 1st this year with all the injuries. SJ should have done that in their deal for Karlsson. I guess Vegas learned through Wilson’s lapse in judgement.

Reactions: BringTheReign

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
High risk, high reward trade for Vegas. If it works out they will have a very scary team.

Gotta feel for Buffalo fans here. I'm not saying the return is terrible, but Eichel was supposed to be the corner stone of their franchise.

Reactions: uncleben

PumpkinBomb

Jul 22, 2020
Again cap is used daily except for the first day of the season. So, Vegas would have to fit the remainder of his daily cap hit under their cap ceiling. I don’t think he comes back until very late, if at all, so this is fairly moot.

That's not how it works though, it says as much in the CBA i linked.

That said you could be saying the same thing, just using unnecessary math.

The NHL Cap is $81.5 M
The active team's yearly salaries need to be below that at all times in the regular season. LTIR doesn't accrue.
So the way it works is your total roster (including IR and LTIR) need to be under the cap at all times. But your LTIR you get credit for that cap it during that time.
So the only way an active roster can exceed the cap is if someone currently on LTIR is at a higher salary than the replacement player.

Daily cap is diving all of the above by the number of days in the season. Which the links i provided says doesn't happen, and isn't used in the calculations because you get to the exact same place as above without harder math.

MagicalRazor

Oct 25, 2016
Buffalo got rinsed .

if that flames offer was real that was 10x better than what this trade was

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Thanks for the feedback from a BUF perspective.

Has Eichel's preference for thee specific type of neck surgery been agreed upon by VGK?

I don't see Suzuki as a true 1C either (yet), even if that's where he slots in. He may never be. I thought it was way too high risk & early for MB to give him that $ & term.

This will start to kill the CAP, poss. shutdown the next CBA, when young sub 25yo RFA's get paid like UFA's. GM's beware, don't say we didn't warn you.

my understanding is Calgary and Vegas reviewed his records and talked with the agent so they are fine with ADR.

buffalo doctors were not and his dad is on record saying Eichel would never play with Buffalo again.

the issue in doing ADR …it has been done on regular folks and has bern fine. This has not been done on pro athletes are people in jobs with high neck stress or risk like firefighting or construction where they coukd get hit hard in the head/neck.

teams can get by without having a true 1C if they have stronger line depth and reliable scoring.

buffalo has Mittlestadt, Cozens, Krebs at center along with a possible one from 22 draft.

Reactions: DATSOMATIC13

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
8-10 weeks is the theoretical return time for the surgery he wants (and presumably will get with the trade). So potentially mid January to early February. I assume there’s also be some extra time since he hasn’t played for over a year and thus would need to get back up to speed.

Brisson said 3-4 months.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
High risk, high reward trade for Vegas. If it works out they will have a very scary team.

Gotta feel for Buffalo fans here. I'm not saying the return is terrible, but Eichel was supposed to be the corner stone of their franchise.
We are absolutely fine!!!! Woot !!!! Two Top 6 players added the a team plus another 1st rounder. We are about to have insane fast, skilled depth including Quinn, Peterka and Power. :)

Reactions: uncleben
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad