Confirmed Trade: [BUF/VGK] Jack Eichel, c.'23 3rd for Alex Tuch, Peyton Krebs, c.'22 1st (Top10 protected), c.'23 2nd

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Never understood the Tkachuk talk. Love the player but isn't he an RFA at the end of this year? Makes no sense for Buffalo for him to be the main piece coming back
He's a RFA with an obscenely high qualifying number at something like 9m. I honestly don't know who's really the market for him at that price. He's going to wind up getting paid like a top 10 player in the game and I just don't think that's who he is. Someone is going to screw up and give him Panarin/Matthews money and regret the hell out of it.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
That's not how it works though, it says as much in the CBA i linked.

That said you could be saying the same thing, just using unnecessary math.

The NHL Cap is $81.5 M
The active team's yearly salaries need to be below that at all times in the regular season. LTIR doesn't accrue.
So the way it works is your total roster (including IR and LTIR) need to be under the cap at all times. But your LTIR you get credit for that cap it during that time.
So the only way an active roster can exceed the cap is if someone currently on LTIR is at a higher salary than the replacement player.

Daily cap is diving all of the above by the number of days in the season. Which the links i provided says doesn't happen, and isn't used in the calculations because you get to the exact same place as above without harder math.
Vegas wont exceed the cap ceiling. If Eichel comes back only the days his in on the active roster (23 person roster) counts against the cap based on his daily cap hit X number of days left in the regular season.

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
They finally got the center they've always needed.

Not going to read through the whole thread, but does anyone know if Vegas is okay with the surgery, or was it just a ploy by Eichel to facilitate a trade?

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
If Eichel gets healthy before the season is over, where will Vegas find the money to activate him or are they just going to wait until the playoffs to potentially activate him?

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Vegas wont exceed the cap ceiling. If Eichel comes back only the days his in on the active roster (23 person roster) counts against the cap based on his daily cap hit X number of days left in the regular season.

I don't think Vegas is going to be getting enough prorated cap space to be able to afford activating Eichel without trading someone else.

They won't need to clear the $7 million in cap space that they'd be over the cap with right now with a healthy team, but they will need to clear out money.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Whoever got Eichel was always going to win this trade.

They assumed all the health risks and the Sabres retained nothing, and nothing is contingent on his health. Win Win

No doubt Buff was never going to win an Eichel trade. But lets get real. Eichel will at some point be back on the ice and will find some, or all, of his form. This was a runaway steal of a deal for VGK. No other way to say it. People will try and break this down and shed light on how Buff came out well but that's just smoke and mirrors. Buff lost their Franchise player for peanuts in comparison. This was a terrible return for BUFF.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Tuch (grew up a Sabres fan) is fast a Top 6 player.... so no, we did not relent on everything else. Plus the 1st. WIN/WIN for both teams.
Well the ask was four firsts, so....

I'd say getting three firsts, one being top 10 protected, and adding a third to jack is relenting on the original ask, probably because Krebs was in there.

thefutures

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2017
Can't believe no one beat that. Not terrible but should of been more. Fans are gunna hate GMs for letting Vegas get a player like this for that price.

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa
No doubt Buff was never going to win an Eichel trade. But lets get real. Eichel will at some point be back on the ice and will find some, or all, of his form. This was a runaway steal of a deal for VGK. No other way to say it. People will try and break this down and shed light on how Buff came out well but that's just smoke and mirrors. Buff lost their Franchise player for peanuts in comparison.
And that very likely may happen. But right now you have to take into account Eichel is not healthy and there is a greater than 0% chance he never plays effective hockey again.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
That doesn't negate what I said. Vegas is much more likely to get a top-10 pick than them having the 32nd pick (there's 32 teams now BTW since you were implying you fear them winning the SC).
Vegas will easily make the playoffs in that division. Feel free to bookmark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad