Confirmed Trade: [BUF/VGK] Jack Eichel, c.'23 3rd for Alex Tuch, Peyton Krebs, c.'22 1st (Top10 protected), c.'23 2nd

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaud

May 11, 2017
FDWP8oCXMAIg_AH

is vegas giving a 2nd or a 3rd? I've seen 2nd on other sites

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Sabres should definitely be getting another 1st if Vegas win the cup this year. Shocked that they couldn't land two 1sts from this deal but have to settle for a second, third?

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
that's risky to say the least
I used to think so but people on this board have educated me. Athletes in some pretty extreme sports have taken it. There are like some unique twists and turns in hockey but I dont see the risk as that large. For a long term contract there is risk of lost mobility with the fusion

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Why are people stunned a player getting an experimental back surgery making 10m didn't get his full value if healthy? If Eichel stays healthy Vegas wins deal. If he can't stay healthy, Vegas franchise is wrecked for 5 years giving up youth, money/cap and picks.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
On the surface it may seem Buffalo did not do well in this deal, VGK did get the best player in the deal. This is indisputable. But Buffalo is setting a new culture. And they bought themselves 10M of cap space. Tuch and Krebs as single pieces that cannot replace Eichel. I doubt any one player would have when trading for a player of his caliber. I look at this deal to one where more teams are proving they can be successful spreading out the cap over the roster rather than having cap resources allocated to one player. So this may help Buffalo in the long run. I do have a concern regarding Eichel's long term health. Tweet below. But Tuch, Krebs, and a first and 2nd rd pick. Sabres not going to rush Krebs. A player I liked predraft. We will see. I would not term this deal a slam dunk win for either team at the moment, with the Eichel injury as a factor.

BowieSabresFan

Nov 18, 2010
I used to think so but people on this board have educated me. Athletes in some pretty extreme sports have taken it. There are like some unique twists and turns in hockey but I dont see the risk as that large. For a long term contract there is risk of lost mobility with the fusion

It could work out for Eichel, and I hope it does.

Saying that, there is a reason no NHL or NFL player has had this surgery before. There is most definitely a risk. It's not the twists and turns, it's the hits.

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
Yes Tuch is solid and Eichel is going to need surgery and there is the risk that he isn't 100% of the player he was, but still; this is a huge upgrade in potential for the Knights and exactly the kind of trade that can put them over the top. Punt this year with the injuries then roll out the best first line in the nhl next year.

CantHaveTkachev

Jealousy
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
when you don't know the timeline of a surgery never done before to a hockey player, it's a substantial risk IMO

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
I'm sorry Vegas, you can't win the Cup
No team with who $10m or more, has ever won it.

So, I'm always told

Lot of money on 4 players too...have fun filling your roster with space for 10 other players.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
No that's not how it works though. His cap is $10 Million vs an $81.5 M cap. There's no accruals or pro-ration.

All you're saying is his cap hit could be say $5M in 1/2 a season vs a cap then of 40.75 M over 40 games.

It's not $5M in 1/2 a season vs $81.5M there's not accruing.
Yes there is proration.

go look at Eichel’s player page on capfriendly. His remaining cap hit is 8.85 million even though he has a daily cap hit accrued of $0. How would that be possible without proration? Im bowing out cuz this is just getting ridiculous.

CantHaveTkachev

Jealousy
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
I'm sorry Vegas, you can't win the Cup
No team with who $10m or more, has ever won it.

So, I'm always told

Lot of money on 4 players too...have fun filling your roster with space for 10 other players.
well they did invest big dollars to a franchise d-man at least

having said that, their cap problems will be large

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
No that's not how it works though. His cap is $10 Million vs an $81.5 M cap. There's no accruals or pro-ration.

All you're saying is his cap hit could be say $5M in 1/2 a season vs a cap then of 40.75 M over 40 games.

It's not $5M in 1/2 a season vs $81.5M there's not accruing.

This shows a fundamental lack of understanding for how the cap is calculated.

The cap is calculated as a per day money calculation, not an entire season money calculation.

Dangles78

Oct 14, 2012
Pittsburgh
Vegas will easily make the playoffs in that division. Feel free to bookmark.

You're not understanding the argument. You aren't making some bold prediction by saying that Vegas will make the playoffs lol. However, you're not acknowledging the fact that they can miss the playoffs entirely and receive a top-10 pick. Buffalo did a poor job with that aspect of the negotiation. There's NO reason to receive a top-10 protected pick when you are sending a franchise player the other way regardless of injury status. It's ok to admit that your GM failed there, because he did, even at this time when we don't know where Vegas will finish.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Vegas took one roster player off of their roster from last few seasons. I like Tuch but he a dime a dozen winger. They get their players healthy. The Vegas pick will a mid to late 20's pick in the first round. Vegas is a now team. Edmonton is the only sure thing in their division.

Kevyn Adams waited over one calendar year to trade Eichel. This is what he acquired. Failure.

Going to depend heavily on how they approach developing Krebs.

Tuch is a guy I've more or less given up on. He seems to get injured every year and while he steps up in the playoffs and while he has a pretty unique combo of size and speed, he still hasn't met his potential overall. In an overall sense he's still a guy that doesn't rely much on his linemates and doesn't have the consistency in finishing to play like a lone wolf. I can't see him being more than a 50 point player anymore. And while Buffalo struggles, this could end up looking grim for Buffalo.

With Krebs, he may need extended time in the AHL. Vegas was already giving him the Cody Glass treatment of playing him as a winger on an offensively dead third line and in this young season, outside of the occasionally impressive play, he didn't look like much more than a body in the lineup. He has good potential, but Vegas was never going to foster it. If Buffalo has any chance of deriving value from this trade, they need to make a dedicated effort to develop Krebs properly.

Ice Mammoth

Mar 14, 2021
I don't know if it was posted on the forum or not?

“The Sabres get forwards Alex Tuch (who also is injured) and Peyton Krebs and two conditional draft picks for Eichel and a conditional pick.
If the Golden Knights' first-round pick in 2022 is not in the top 10, the Sabres get that selection and a Vegas second-round pick in 2023 while the Knights get a Buffalo third-round pick in 2023.
If the Golden Knights' first-round pick in 2022 is in the top 10, the Sabres get a Vegas first-round pick in 2023 and a second-round pick in 2024 while the Knights get Buffalo's third-round pick in 2024”.

Golden Knights acquire Jack Eichel in blockbuster trade with Sabres
Sportsnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad