Confirmed Trade: [BUF/VGK] Jack Eichel, c.'23 3rd for Alex Tuch, Peyton Krebs, c.'22 1st (Top10 protected), c.'23 2nd

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
No doubt about it.... the asking price was high for a player who has disk problems and wants artificial replacement where the impacts of physical contact is undetermined. Most of us felt the actual return would never be what both the Sabres fans and management were trying to get. The return is solid but nowhere near the asking price.

The rumored initial asking price was 4x 1st. This is 3x 1st and a 3rd. That's at least somewhat near the asking price.

1st
Krebs ~ 1st
Tuch ~ 1st
2nd for a 3rd ~ 3rd

NotPetya

May 28, 2021
Bill Foley caught stealing David Miscavige’s super Scientology healing machine from Area 51. (e4)

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Not a fan of the return for Buffalo, but it was never going to be an "ideal" return with Eichel wanting risky surgery and the cap being stagnant for the past 2 seasons. Clear cut franchise centers are very difficult to acquire outside the very top of the draft. So, if Eichel returns full health this is a big win for Vegas.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
I proposed Karlsson, Krebs, and Tuch, so it's along the lines of what I expected I guess.

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
I knew the return was going to he mediocre all things considered, but I still expected better than this.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Vegas fans shouldn't be cheering just yet. You just traded away some great talent that had great chemistry and depth which has made vegas a surprisingly excellent team for a guy who is seriously injured and requires surgery and isn't expected to play until at minimum the playoffs at best .

Back injuries and contact sports don't make for a full speedy recovery. There is no guarantee whatsoever Eichel will either fully recover with no lagging or compounding health issues and/or be a y resemblance of the player he use to be not to mention the contact issues from trying to come back and sustaining a career ending decision

WhoAreYou99

Oct 14, 2021
Very interesting.

In the short-run, Buffalo has clearly won this trade. They were better without Eichel and got good players in exchange. Remind me when Jack Eichel is supposed to be healed from his injuries?

In the long-run, Eichel is gonna have to learn that he won't be the centre of attention in Las Vegas, and he's going to have to live with it. If he can put his petty emotions aside and he properly bounces back from his injury, I can definitely see Vegas winning in the long-run.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
The rumored initial asking price was 4x 1st. This is 3x 1st and a 3rd. That's at least somewhat near the asking price.

1st
Krebs ~ 1st
Tuch ~ 1st
2nd for a 3rd ~ 3rd

Nah... the 4 1st narrative some were spitting out was more like top 10 quality (all of them) vs just saying 1st round qualities. Maybe the Sabres management were speaking a different tone but the fans were certainly spinning those 4 1st's into all gems and top 10 qualities. Proof is out there if you have time to go back and read the barrage of posts.

The actual return is not garbage and it's solid. Just not as sure shot as some were targeting on HF boards. Several Sabres fans talked about later 1st round picks being meh and they were aggressive on that too!

* The 1st has top 10 protection right?
* Krebs is a solid 1st rounder. Not blue chip but certainly grade A. Some think he can play center but I have my doubts on that.
* Tuch is a solid value contract and a great piece to have in the size/skating/engergy department but he's no Zegras.

If Eichel is 100% and does not face any further issues once he starts playing again, the deal could very well look like Tuch and Krebs for Eichel when we look back in a few years. That 1st is likely a late round pick or mid round. Sabres could hit with it yes but they could miss too. 1st round picks are not guaranteed grade A prospects each and every time. We all know this.

Last edited:
Reactions: Taylorst

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Tell me you are a salty rangers fan without saying you are a salty rangers fan

Your team is the biggest loser in this. Don’t go insulting other teams. Maybe our GM is stupid enough to not offer this up, but fans were at the very least suggesting we’d give up Chytil, Schneider/Lundkvist/Jones, Buchnevich/Strome, and a 1st. Some even stated that they’d give up players like Kakko or Miller. Buffalo spited their return. Good luck being a perennial loser. You may not get a player better than Alex Tuch for a top 10 player in the NHL. I don’t know how a team could’ve possibly gotten a worse return for a superstar player in his prime on a good contract.

Johnny Tomala

Jan 24, 2017
Congrats to Vegas. You finally have elite offensive player. Now they have a shot at Stanley Cup. They had no shot with their previous forwards group.

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa
Your team is the biggest loser in this. Don’t go insulting other teams. Maybe our GM is stupid enough to not offer this up, but fans were at the very least suggesting we’d give up Chytil, Schneider/Lundkvist/Jones, Buchnevich/Strome, and a 1st. Some even stated that they’d give up players like Kakko or Miller. Buffalo spited their return. Good luck being a perennial loser. You may not get a player better than Alex Tuch for a top 10 player in the NHL.
Krebs is a better prospect than everyone you just listed lol. Sabres ended up with 3 1st round equivalent talents instead of 4. I framed this exact trade 3 months ago so I am completely satisfied with the return for Jack. No risk left on the Sabres end. Have fun with Drury hes def shown he knows what hes doing.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
pretty far return from Sabres fans wanting Zegras+. I guess Krebs is the best piece the Sabres got back but he's not exactly an A tier prospect who has been killing it in the NHL. Sabres only win this trade because they finally are able to move on from Eichel

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
I never understand these arguments. Just because that's what the Sabres asked, why does that mean they were ever even close to agreeing to such a deal. Ask away of course, but you weren't getting Zegras and Drysdale for Eichel in this environment.

Not to mention just because that's what the "rumor" was, doesn't mean it was true.

Reactions: Eegs

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Congrats to Vegas. You finally have elite offensive player. Now they have a shot at Stanley Cup. They had no shot with their previous forwards group.

Have to wait and see if the artificial disk replacement can handle physical contact. If it does, then yes, Vegas made the right move to get their missing piece. If not, it's a major let down and Sabres look like bandits.

Reactions: Flyer lurker
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad