Confirmed Trade: [BUF/VGK] Jack Eichel, c.'23 3rd for Alex Tuch, Peyton Krebs, c.'22 1st (Top10 protected), c.'23 2nd

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Since you are so bored to dig through my post history did you also see the part where I said Krebs+Tuch+2 1sts and 2 cap dumps was the return I expected from Vegas or does that not fit you somehow trying a gotcha moment on me? This is exactly what Eichels value was. Not Strome + 1st

Even if I feel the deal is solid based on circumstances, it doesn't prove actual value IMO. It's what the Sabres settled on based on a clock that was ticking and ticking away. Remember some Sabres fans saying they will hold out until they got what they wanted? They threw the looming NMC under the rug as if it was a non factor

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Agreed, I don't think people are also considering Tuch is signed to a great contract at 4.75M for another 5 years. He's paced 21 goals on Vegas his last 4 seasons, and at 25, still may have some upside as the Sabres #1 winger now. A 6'4 220 lbs winger that can skate like he can at 4.75M is value. Also he is from Syracuse NY, he grew up a Sabres fan. Some things to like from Buffalo's stand point.

No ? including Tuch is a win for Buf, natural inclusion

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Krebs is a better prospect than everyone you just listed lol. Sabres ended up with 3 1st round equivalent talents instead of 4. I framed this exact trade 3 months ago so I am completely satisfied with the return for Jack. No risk left on the Sabres end. Have fun with Drury hes def shown he knows what hes doing.

You are going to now convince yourself that an average mid-first round pick is a future star. Be prepared that Krebs may only be a 3C, and Tuch is the best NHL player from the deal. You guys were asking for the elite futures in the league, and got yourself the usual first line forward package. I don’t see how this is not a big failure for the Sabres. You don’t want to hold your bad GM and Owner accountable, which is part of why your team will perennially be bad. This should get both fired. Instead, Sabres fans and their media are trying to revise history.

I am not a flack for my team when they do poorly. I don’t think Drury is anything better than a mediocre GM. He may be a terrible GM, but I will call it as it is.

Reactions: HatTrick Swayze

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
The rumor media throws out there vs what some Sabres fans were saying on HF boards are two different things. What Sabres fans said on HF boards is not a rumor. It's what they believe they deserved. Reality

In hundreds of awful pages of petty back and forth between Duck, Sabres and 3rd party fans no Sabres fan asked for Drysdale + Zegras. Go back and look if you'd like. That was a fiction propagated by a particularly active 3rd party fan in that shit show of a thread. When challenged to quote one they were unable.

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa
I never proposed Strome + 1st you salty Sabre’s fan:laugh:

I just find it comical that your young, elite 1C’s full value was what Adams held out for all this time.
Im not salty at all. This trade is the exact expectation I had from July before the draft. Vegas assumed ALL the risk in this whole thing. Eichel isnt healthy and is likely missing this entire regular season. Hes been a locker room detriment here in Buffalo (likely changes in VGK thank god). Im not sure what you are trying to prove?

Tachycineta

May 2, 2006
Gaithersburg, MD
Of course I am disappointed (more because I wanted Eichel to be part of Buffalo's long-term solution but reality said that was a pipe dream). Given the difficulty of the situation, this trade was what I expected. At least everyone can move on.

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland
Can't believe no one beat that. Not terrible but should of been more. Fans are gunna hate GMs for letting Vegas get a player like this for that price.
Id say at least a few Eastern teams beat that but either Adams felt he could get more or he was set on sending him out West. Or even both.

Reactions: NotPetya

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Krebs is a better prospect that KK and at a position of need. Sabres biggest needs are C and RD. Rangers just wanted to offload trash. Cope.

That could age well or it not. Subjective and people need to chill about being experts on players growth from age 18-24+. Some shine earlier than others but in most cases, you only know what you got until 24+. Not all cases but most yes. The ones who shine earlier are just not traded that easily

At this stage, I would say Krebs has a better development resume. That's as far as I will go but saying he will be better than KK and he is a true center is comical. Krebs was not good enough to play center for team Canada at the WJC and is more like a Winger/C type. Suzuki was as well when the Habs traded for him but he turned into a center in the end. Exceptions to the rule but the exception is not the rule. In most cases, winger/center types end up on wing. Reality

Krebs is not a sure shot center to me. Could be but guess work.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Vegas still on track to win a Cup before another Canadian team does.

Not with their injuries and cap situation right now they aren't. They're gonna have to move a major piece to fit Eichel under the cap for a full regular season.

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa
You are going to now convince yourself that an average mid-first round pick is a future star. Be prepared that Krebs may only be a 3C, and Tuch is the best NHL player from the deal. You guys were asking for the elite futures in the league, and got yourself the usual first line forward package. I don’t see how this is not a big failure for the Sabres. You don’t want to hold your bad GM and Owner accountable, which is part of why your team will perennially be bad. This should get both fired. Instead, Sabres fans and their media are trying to revise history.

I am not a flack for my team when they do poorly. I don’t think Drury is anything better than a mediocre GM. He may be a terrible GM, but I will call it as it is.
Once again you can look at my post history and see exactly what I thought the Sabres would get back for Eichel in a VGK trade. I value Krebs higher than some and as a prospect thats all anyone can value this deal on. Hes too young to be a finished product. We dont have a clue how this trade ends up for years.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Think it's stupid to have Tuch traded away because he has such a good contract and those contracts are valuable on Vegas' end. I think they should've sent Reilly Smith instead and added a prospect like Korzcak.

But other than that, I think Vegas fleeced Buffalo.

I knew the trade was gonna happen for a while. But it bothers me how all of a sudden Vegas is getting all the superstars season-by-season. I respect the 2017-18 Golden Knights because THAT was a team. Now there's about five players remaining from their inaugural roster: Marchessault, Karlsson, Carrier, Smith, McNabb, some could argue Bischoff too, other than that I see amongst those five staying are Karlsson and McNabb. But one thing it's also become is a place no prospect wants to get drafted first-round to because they're now bound to get traded. Just wait, Brisson and Dean will be traded, but out of the two I see Brisson staying.

One very solid prediction I'm going to make, is they trade away Marchessault. But I also see them landing one of the very best goaltenders in the league.

He Is Knocking

Jul 1, 2015
*Who would have thought the cost for Eichel was not that much different than the cost for Risto? If only Chuck Fletcher , who every front office should have on speed dial was on the other end of the line.

* yes I'm factoring in the cost of/and dumping of Ghost.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
I don't get why people are dunking on the Sabres here, I think the return is a bit light but it's certainly a solid return. A prime aged top-6 forward, a top prospect and a 1st is really not that bad of a haul for Eichel considering his injury issues.

Yeah. This is a fair statement about the situation.

2 others

Mar 9, 2021
I never proposed Strome + 1st you salty Sabre’s fan:laugh:

I just find it comical that your young, elite 1C’s full value was what Adams held out for all this time.
They are just salty because they are willing to part with Laf now for someone like Eichel (Kakko prob too), something that wouldn't have happened before (the season started).

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Excuse me... At the end of the day this is the return that people with half a functioning brain expected.
Pretty much. Not great. Could work for either team, both, or neither. If I had to put $ on who wins, it would be VGK but they could also be the bigger loser if Eichel ends up being done.

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland
Krebs is a better prospect that KK and at a position of need. Sabres biggest needs are C and RD. Rangers just wanted to offload trash. Cope.
Krebs is better than Kappo Kakko?

Did you really just say that? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Offload trash? Interesting you think so considering what you got in return :sarcasm:

Reactions: E-Train

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Think it's stupid to have Tuch traded away because he has such a good contract and those contracts are valuable on Vegas' end. I think they should've sent Reilly Smith instead and added a prospect like Korzcak.

But other than that, I think Vegas fleeced Buffalo.

I knew the trade was gonna happen for a while. But it bothers me how all of a sudden Vegas is getting all the superstars season-by-season. I respect the 2017-18 Golden Knights because THAT was a team. Now there's about five players remaining from their inaugural roster: Marchessault, Karlsson, Carrier, Smith, McNabb, some could argue Bischoff too, other than that I see amongst those five staying are Karlsson and McNabb. But one thing it's also become is a place no prospect wants to get drafted first-round to because they're now bound to get traded. Just wait, Brisson and Dean will be traded, but out of the two I see Brisson staying.

One very solid prediction I'm going to make, is they trade away Marchessault. But I also see them landing one of the very best goaltenders in the league.

I think it was Smith in the offer instead of Tuch, until Karlsson got injured.

Trading Marchessault, then losing Smith in the offseason sounds risky. Ideally you'd want to try both Patches & Marchessault with Eichel.

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa
Krebs is better than Kappo Kakko?

Did you really just say that? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Offload trash? Interesting you think so considering what you got in return :sarcasm:
What have either proven? KK cant produce offense and now his defensive game is sliding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad