Confirmed Trade: [BUF/VGK] Jack Eichel, c.'23 3rd for Alex Tuch, Peyton Krebs, c.'22 1st (Top10 protected), c.'23 2nd

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

EichelsJockStrap

Oct 4, 2007
Fair Trade in my opinion. 10Million dollar player that has to have an experimental surgery. Not many teams have the cap and also have their Dr's approve the ADR. If Jack comes back 85% Vegas wins the trade. If Krebs becomes a 50-65pt player, Tuch continues and Sabres hit with the draft picks then the Sabres win.

At the end of the day this is the return everybody expected..

Reactions: Flyer lurker

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
There's still the possibility of Stone being shelved for the regular season, for anyone wondering about their cap situation. He tried skating last week, but that was never really shot down and Seravalli said it was still a possibility on the weekend.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Nah... the 4 1st narrative some were spitting out was more like top 10 quality (all of them) vs just saying 1st round qualities. Maybe the Sabres management were speaking a different tone but the fans were certainly spinning those 4 1st's into all gems and top 10 qualities. Proof is out there if you have time to go back and read the barrage of posts.

The actual return is not garbage and it's solid. Just not as sure shot as some were targeting on HF boards. Several Sabres fans talked about later 1st round picks being meh and they were aggressive on that too!

* The 1st has top 10 protection right?
* Krebs is a solid 1st rounder. Not blue chip but certainly grade A. Some think he can play center but I have my doubts on that.
* Tuch is a solid value contract and a great piece to have in the size/skating/engergy department but he's no Zegras.

If Eichel is 100% and does not face any further issues once he starts playing again, the deal could very well look like Tuch and Krebs for Eichel when we look back in a few years. That 1st is likely a late round pick or mid round. Sabres could hit with it yes but they could miss too. 1st round picks are not guaranteed grade A prospects each and every time. We all know this.

And some people were saying it should be Strome + a few conditional 7ths. We should be better than playing weasel games with the outliers.

The hockey press was widely quoted as speculating 4sts, without any sort of qualification that all were top 10; few if any teams have that sort of talent collection to deal. This is 3 1sts; which is close to 4 1sts. There's no need to twist like a pretzel pretending that isn't so.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Fair Trade in my opinion. 10Million dollar player that has to have an experimental surgery. Not many teams have the cap and also have their Dr's approve the ADR. If Jack comes back 85% Vegas wins the trade. If Krebs becomes a 50-65pt player, Tuch continues and Sabres hit with the draft picks then the Sabres win.

At the end of the day this is the return "everybody" expected..

Please speak for yourself only. Don't try to represent "Everybody" cause that's far from reality on what comments were said on HF boards.

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland
Krebs is a better prospect than everyone you just listed lol. Sabres ended up with 3 1st round equivalent talents instead of 4. I framed this exact trade 3 months ago so I am completely satisfied with the return for Jack. No risk left on the Sabres end. Have fun with Drury hes def shown he knows what hes doing.

Ye, he really isnt.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Presuming they make the playoffs.

It's November 4th and they've got to leap frog 5 teams to get a wildcard spot. 80% of teams in playoff position at Thanksgiving make playoffs at end of year.

Season started a lot later this year; the thanksgiving scenario probably does not apply for this season

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
And some people were saying it should be Strome + a few conditional 7ths. We should be better than playing weasel games with the outliers.

The hockey press was widely quoted as speculating 4sts, without any sort of qualification that all were top 10; few if any teams have that sort of talent collection to deal. This is 3 1sts; which is close to 4 1sts. There's no need to twist like a pretzel pretending that isn't so.

I guess the bad apples on both sides of the fence ruin things for others eh? :sarcasm:

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Krebs is a better prospect than everyone you just listed lol. Sabres ended up with 3 1st round equivalent talents instead of 4. I framed this exact trade 3 months ago so I am completely satisfied with the return for Jack. No risk left on the Sabres end. Have fun with Drury hes def shown he knows what hes doing.

This was Eichel’s full value? :laugh:

62EC83D0-FD19-45F8-97BD-3F67EB814946.jpeg

TheBarnIsElectric

Sponsor
Jun 15, 2010
Exactly.

So many Buffalo fans laughed and said proposals such as :

Zegras/Drysdsle +
Seider + Raymond
Byfield + Valardi
Kakko + Lafreniere +
Tkachuk + Pelletier + multiple 1sts

All of this wasn’t enough to them. Now suddenly this is an amazing deal…
You're conveniently forgetting that at the start of all this, there wasn't even certainty that he needed surgery. A healthy Eichel should return top prospects all day, because he is what you hope those prospects turn into. If you look at what most Sabres fans have been saying recently, it was that we wanted a top prospect, a good young roster player, a first, and something else of value, plus whatever was needed to make cap work. That is basically what we got.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I actually like Buffalo's direction. Selling low... but Eichel may not get back to where he was ... so decent haul forced into situation.
Agreed, I don't think people are also considering Tuch is signed to a great contract at 4.75M for another 5 years. He's paced 21 goals on Vegas his last 4 seasons, and at 25, still may have some upside as the Sabres #1 winger now. A 6'4 220 lbs winger that can skate like he can at 4.75M is value. Also he is from Syracuse NY, he grew up a Sabres fan. Some things to like from Buffalo's stand point.

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa
This was Eichel’s full value? :laugh:

View attachment 476777
Since you are so bored to dig through my post history did you also see the part where I said Krebs+Tuch+2 1sts and 2 cap dumps was the return I expected from Vegas or does that not fit you somehow trying a gotcha moment on me? This is exactly what Eichels value was. Not Strome + 1st

Reactions: Gurglesons

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Agreed, I don't think people are also considering Tuch is signed to a great contract at 4.75M for another 5 years. He's paced 21 goals on Vegas his last 4 seasons, and at 25, still may have some upside as the Sabres #1 winger now. A 6'4 220 lbs winger that can skate at 4.75M is value. Also he is from Syracuse NY, he grew up a Sabres fan. Some things to like from Buffalo's stand point.

IMO, there is no doubt about it. Tuch has a value contract for what he brings to the table every game. He's just not a top line driver type talent but he's a great secondary piece to have in the team building strategy

Reactions: The Winter Soldier

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
Sucks for the Sabres their idiot GM basically demolished Eichel's value from the start of this whole thing.

Protected 1st rd'er, Krebs over-rated, Tuch nice piece. Just complete robbery by Vegas, but it's along the lines of what most of us predicted.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Since you are so bored to dig through my post history did you also see the part where I said Krebs+Tuch+2 1sts and 2 cap dumps was the return I expected from Vegas or does that not fit you somehow trying a gotcha moment on me? This is exactly what Eichels value was. Not Strome + 1st
I never proposed Strome + 1st you salty Sabre’s fan:laugh:

I just find it comical that your young, elite 1C’s full value was what Adams held out for all this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad