Confirmed Trade: [BUF/VGK] Jack Eichel, c.'23 3rd for Alex Tuch, Peyton Krebs, c.'22 1st (Top10 protected), c.'23 2nd

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
In hundreds of awful pages of petty back and forth between Duck, Sabres and 3rd party fans no Sabres fan asked for Drysdale + Zegras. Go back and look if you'd like. That was a fiction propagated by a particularly active 3rd party fan in that shit show of a thread. When challenged to quote one they were unable.

I don't have to look. I was here in the trenches when it was happening. Your reality is different than mine I guess. I think you should defend your own statements and not the entire Sabres fan base. A lot of different things were said and that also applies to the Habs when fans say "Habs overrate their assets". FFS, every fan base does and not all fan bases are one voice. A very disinengeous stance to take on HF boards and some people should learn from this generalizing statements.

I don't believe all Sabres fans said the same things. Do you?

Reactions: Lt Dan

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
You're not understanding the argument. You aren't making some bold prediction by saying that Vegas will make the playoffs lol. However, you're not acknowledging the fact that they can miss the playoffs entirely and receive a top-10 pick. Buffalo did a poor job with that aspect of the negotiation. There's NO reason to receive a top-10 protected pick when you are sending a franchise player the other way regardless of injury status. It's ok to admit that your GM failed there, because he did, even at this time when we don't know where Vegas will finish.
This isn't an argument. I am laughing at you.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
It all hinges on Eichels health and recovery. If he’s back at 100% it’s a heist for Vegas and they finally get the franchise center they desperately needed. If he can’t make a full recovery, Buffalo got a pretty nice return for their trouble and ditched a $10m anchor… Remains to be seen what happens

Last edited:

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Think it's stupid to have Tuch traded away because he has such a good contract and those contracts are valuable on Vegas' end. I think they should've sent Reilly Smith instead and added a prospect like Korzcak.

But other than that, I think Vegas fleeced Buffalo.

I knew the trade was gonna happen for a while. But it bothers me how all of a sudden Vegas is getting all the superstars season-by-season. I respect the 2017-18 Golden Knights because THAT was a team. Now there's about five players remaining from their inaugural roster: Marchessault, Karlsson, Carrier, Smith, McNabb, some could argue Bischoff too, other than that I see amongst those five staying are Karlsson and McNabb. But one thing it's also become is a place no prospect wants to get drafted first-round to because they're now bound to get traded. Just wait, Brisson and Dean will be traded, but out of the two I see Brisson staying.

One very solid prediction I'm going to make, is they trade away Marchessault. But I also see them landing one of the very best goaltenders in the league.

I'm assuming you mean they somehow sign Rask?

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
That's it? so if somehow Vegas can't turn it around and they do win they could have Jack Eichel and Shane Wright next year?

Having that pick top 10 protected is awful for Buffalo.

If that Calgary offer is true he should be in Calgary

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
The rumor media throws out there vs what some Sabres fans were saying on HF boards are two different things. What Sabres fans said on HF boards is not a rumor. It's what they believe they deserved. Reality
That's not reality anymore than a 6 year old saying their favorite player is the best player in the world.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
They are just salty because they are willing to part with Laf now for someone like Eichel (Kakko prob too), something that wouldn't have happened before (the season started).

You quoted the wrong poster. And No, the Rangers wouldn’t have traded Laf+KK then, or now.

Once again you can look at my post history and see exactly what I thought the Sabres would get back for Eichel in a VGK trade. I value Krebs higher than some and as a prospect thats all anyone can value this deal on. Hes too young to be a finished product. We dont have a clue how this trade ends up for years.
I’ll give you credit for pretty much nailing the trade that happened. I was just questioning if this was Eichel’s full value.

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011
I thought Buffalo wanted the sun, the moon and a few stars but they settled for reality.

Interesting :popcorn:

Reactions: amethyst

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
You are going to now convince yourself that an average mid-first round pick is a future star. Be prepared that Krebs may only be a 3C, and Tuch is the best NHL player from the deal. You guys were asking for the elite futures in the league, and got yourself the usual first line forward package. I don’t see how this is not a big failure for the Sabres. You don’t want to hold your bad GM and Owner accountable, which is part of why your team will perennially be bad. This should get both fired. Instead, Sabres fans and their media are trying to revise history.

I am not a flack for my team when they do poorly. I don’t think Drury is anything better than a mediocre GM. He may be a terrible GM, but I will call it as it is.
You look pathetic and petty

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Prospect. Yes. Nothing is every guaranteed but love the potential.
So Krebs is a great prospect but he’s also not a great prospect. Gotcha.

44E034E3-7C72-4685-A9E1-6B38E959387B.jpeg

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa
You quoted the wrong poster. And No, the Rangers wouldn’t have traded Laf+KK then, or now.

I’ll give you credit for pretty much nailing the trade that happened. I was just questioning if this was Eichel’s full value.

Its Eichels value when you weigh the risk VGK is assuming. Big wins for Buffalo are $0 Salary retention, no bad contracts coming back, and assuming zero risk in relation to conditions based on health. Squarely on VGK now and that was a huge part of the deal.

Iwishihadaspacebar

Apr 27, 2021
It all hinges on Eichels health and recovery. If he’s back at 100% it’s a heist for Vegas and they finally get the franchise center they desperately needed. If he can’t make a full recovery, Ottawa got a pretty nice return for their trouble and ditched a $10m anchor… Remains to be seen what happens

Wait, Ottawa got Krebs and Tuch?

Now Adams needs firing!

Reactions: 780il

Dangles78

Oct 14, 2012
Pittsburgh
This isn't an argument. I am laughing at you.

Ok? Is that supposed to hurt me? Lol I'm assuming you're below of the age of 18 because you have no ability to communicate any kind of thought let alone understand another viewpoint. Good luck with whatever you plan to do, which I'm assuming with your attitude, isn't much.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I think it was Smith in the offer instead of Tuch, until Karlsson got injured.

Trading Marchessault, then losing Smith in the offseason sounds risky. Ideally you'd want to try both Patches & Marchessault with Eichel.

When everyone is healthy, I expect these to be the lines:

Pacioretty-Eichel-Stone
Marchessault-Karlsson-Smith
Dadanov-Stephenson-Patrick
Janmark-Roy-Kolesar
Carrier

Hague-Pietrangelo
Martinez-Theodore
Whitecloud-McNabb

Lehner
Brossoit

My god that team is stacked on paper.

*Sidenote: I see Dadanov or Smith getting traded.

But they're going to probably land one of the best goalies in the league.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
the rumor a few months back is that they were asking for both drysdale and zegras from the ducks

pretty underwhelming return considering what they were asking for before
This is a dreamt up myth. If this is underwhelming to you then you must be new to hockey or don't follow it closely. Sabres got exactly what they wanted from the beginning.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Shall I dig up the posts stating "it starts with Adam Fox, or Zegras + multiple firsts" etc.

There's about 10,000 posts on the subject.
So what you’re saying is: Buffalo fans aren’t a monolith, some said one thing, some said others, so people coming to this thread dunking on “unreasonable sabres fans” is absolutely silly?

finally, a take I agree with

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad