Confirmed Trade: [BUF/VGK] Jack Eichel, c.'23 3rd for Alex Tuch, Peyton Krebs, c.'22 1st (Top10 protected), c.'23 2nd

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Its Eichels value when you weigh the risk VGK is assuming. Big wins for Buffalo are $0 Salary retention, no bad contracts coming back, and assuming zero risk in relation to conditions based on health. Squarely on VGK now and that was a huge part of the deal.
Fair enough. I respect that you had reasonable expectations compared to some other Sabre’s fans.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
So Krebs is a great prospect but he’s also not a great prospect. Gotcha.

View attachment 476783
giphy.gif

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
When everyone is healthy, I expect these to be the lines:

Pacioretty-Eichel-Stone
Marchessault-Karlsson-Smith
Janmark-Stephenson-Patrick
Carrier-Roy-Kolesar

Hague-Pietrangelo
Martinez-Theodore
Whitecloud-McNabb

Lehner
Brossoit

My god that team is stacked on paper.

*Sidenote: I see Dadanov or Smith getting traded.

But they're going to probably land one of the best goalies in the league.

If they 'Kucherov' Stone for the year:
(a healthy playoff roster)

Pacioretty Eichel Stone
Marchessault Karlsson Smith
Stephenson Patrick Dadonov
Janmark Roy Kolesar

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
Calgary Flames can never get the big fish, this feels when Sharks got Joe Thornton, the Flames were "in it", just like now,:(:baghead::facepalm::soap::wally::help:

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
It all hinges on Eichels health and recovery. If he’s back at 100% it’s a heist for Vegas and they finally get the franchise center they desperately needed. If he can’t make a full recovery, Ottawa got a pretty nice return for their trouble and ditched a $10m anchor… Remains to be seen what happens

Wrong thread. Karlsson was traded a few years ago ;).

In all seriousness, it's a good trade for Vegas IMO. The way their team has looked the past few years, it seemed like they were on a downhill trajectory due to the lack of a #1C despite great depth. This way they have a better shot at a cup in the next 5 years IMO.

As for Buffalo, I can see the positives for them in this trade ans why they made it... but I can't help but feel like they should've just let Eichel get the surgery and deal with the aftermath. They lost a guy that can be a top 5 forward in the NHL and the best they got back at this point is Tuch. A good player, but nowhere near a superstar.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
I know both players (Tuch and Eichel) are injured now but how will Vegas be cap compliant once Eichel is ready to return?
They’re just gonna trade someone away, probably someone who’s been there for a while and has been a big part of their team… Done it many times already chasing after an upgrade

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I know both players (Tuch and Eichel) are injured now but how will Vegas be cap compliant once Eichel is ready to return?
The cap will be gone when he comes back (playoffs). Even if he's totally ready for the last month of the season, they will just say he needs more therapy and muscle building. Or, another player hits the LTIR

As for this summer, it might be tricky but it can work. At least then, there will be more flexibility and trade partners with cap space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad