Confirmed Trade: [BUF/VGK] Jack Eichel, c.'23 3rd for Alex Tuch, Peyton Krebs, c.'22 1st (Top10 protected), c.'23 2nd

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
That's when I didn't think we could actually get him. I'm thrilled !!!!!!
Sure thing tiger.
giphy.gif

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa
How are Nylander and Mittelstadt doing ?
Dont know we traded Nylander for Joki whos been fine. Ask CHI or Rockford wherever he is. Mitts is also progressing after being mishandled by previous management. Bryson, Asplund, Hagel(good pick couldnt sign), Johnson, Peterka, Quinn, Portillo, Weissbach, all on track to become NHL players if they arent already. But yea keep trying to dunk on them.

Their biggest miss has been a 2017 2nd round pick and they are getting NHL minutes from a good number of later round picks.

Reactions: Jeremy2020

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Vegas got fleeced here. They are pinning their hopes for NEXT season on someone coming back from back/neck surgery?

They also bought low.... a healthy Eichel would have gone for God knows how much.

(For the record, even if he had been healthy the last 10 months I think he still would have asked to be traded. The situation was already pretty bad. & he's petulant)

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Perhaps Krebs lack of production over the first 14 games made him available. Hence Vegas wouldn't move him in August, but was willing to now?

Maybe they were hoping he would progress quickly into the #1C role but had an option to acquire an established one, albeit one that won't be playing anytime soon. Vegas is also in win-now mode and while it would be great for them to see one of their prospects develop into a top 6 forward, they also don't have the luxury of time.

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
I'm sorry Vegas, you can't win the Cup
No team with who $10m or more, has ever won it.

So, I'm always told

Lot of money on 4 players too...have fun filling your roster with space for 10 other players.
Can you not enjoy a thread without making it about the leafs and your perceived leaf hate? Come on man be better

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
All these fans can't admit the Sabres got a fantastic haul for Eichel. Sad.

Clearly I need to post more about this. The Sabres have Cozens in the lineup learning every day, Mittelstadt is finally making some progress forward (well as of last year anyway), now they have Krebs as a C prospect, they just got Tuch, Jack Quinn is their other top prospect at wing, no need to hurry UPL in goal, Power will eventually come over from UM.

At this point Buffalo can do whatever the hell it wants BPA-wise at the draft and just sit there and wait for the fruits to grow. If I'm a Sabre fan, my suffering would be all but officially over. I can handle losing just fine. Just not losing without a plan. In a Sabres' fan position I could actually relax and watch a young team with some sense of direction of what the hell it's doing and be happy at every success and say "live and learn boys" at every failure.

Last edited:

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Lost Wages, Nevada
All these fans can't admit the Sabres got a fantastic haul for Eichel. Sad.

Well, here's a VGK fan who thinks the Sabres did well in the trade -- I'm not sure that Eichel was worth Tuch alone -- but on both sides there are unknowns, i.e., whether either Eichel or Tuch can ever come back near 100% of what they were before. I think that is a lot more likely with Tuch, but then again the VGK have proven to be riverboat gamblers when it comes to wheeling and dealing (but recalling that Lady Luck can go from a smile to a frown in a nanosecond).

Sometimes I start to get the feeling that the VGK are writing 21-22 off and are starting to posture early for 22-23.

Also, I don't expect the VGK PP to get any better so long as that idiot Steve Spotts is still around. You can't fix stupid, even with extreme talent.

Reactions: Team Cozens

Iwishihadaspacebar

Apr 27, 2021
I meant established forward. Buffalo is a hot mess, but I think tjis wad the right way. Reinhart leaving-Eichel leaving.

After watching several of their games this season, they have two or three underrated players. They won't be brilliant soon but the team is at least entertaining to watch.

Their prospect pool means they *should* have a decent, young side in 2 years.

Levi and UPL as goalie prospects
Dahlin, Power, Johnson, Jokiharju all 22 or under as Ds
Cozens, Krebs, Quinn, Peterka, Mittlestadt, Ruotsalainen as forwards.

3 1sts this year which they will add to those.

That is a lot more exciting than the Sabres have had to endure over the last 5-10 years.

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
I know both players (Tuch and Eichel) are injured now but how will Vegas be cap compliant once Eichel is ready to return?
They only need to worry about next year. IF Eichel plays, it likely won't be before Playoffs, if Vegas makes it. He still needs his surgery, and then recovery time.

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Lost Wages, Nevada
Clearly I need to post more about this. The Sabres have Cozens in the lineup learning every day, Mittelstadt is finally making some progress forward, now they have Krebs as a C prospect, they just got Tuch, Jack Quinn is their other top prospect at wing, no need to hurry UPL in goal, Power will eventually come over from UM.

At this point Buffalo can do whatever the hell it wants BPA-wise at the draft and just sit there and wait for the fruits to grow. If I'm a Sabre fan, my suffering would be all but officially over. I can handle losing just fine. Just not losing without a plan. In a Sabres' fan position I could actually relax and watch a young team with some sense of direction of what the hell it's doing and be happy at every success and say "live and learn boys" at every failure.
This is what a rebuild looks like, and if I were a Sabres fan I'd probably be pretty happy with the efforts being made.

Reactions: Jeremy2020

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
They only need to worry about next year. IF Eichel plays, it likely won't be before Playoffs, if Vegas makes it. He still needs his surgery, and then recovery time.

I thought his timeline to return was 3ish months post surgery? Say for mid March even, 4 months from now. Still a decent chunk of season left. Guess we will see...

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Other GMs definitely love the way Buffalo trades. I would be embarrassed as a Buffalo fan. Holy f*** is that bad.

They got a bag of magic beans for ROR and then saw him win the Selke, Cup and Smythe less than a year later :laugh:

& by all accounts, he had no problem sticking around in Buffalo.

So Buffalo traded

Eichel + O'Reilly + 3rd

for

Berglund + Sobotka + Tage Thompson + 2019 1st (Ryan Johnson) + 2021 2nd (traded for Colin Miller) + Tuch + Krebs + 2022 1st + 2023 2nd

I feel like I'm watching the old game show let's make a deal...

Trade two #1 centers and get ..... this .......... in return :facepalm:

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
The cognitive dissonance with a certain poster in this thread and watching them cope with it the only way people with this affliction know how to - digging in deeper to their absolutely unhinged homerism despite contradicting themselves into a pretzel - is rather amusing.

That said given the circumstances, the “Buffalo got trash back” posts are equally bad. We will see how it plays out. Worth the risk for Vegas? Absolutely. But a few years back the Sens got laughed at for the EK return and it turned out pretty well. So how it works for Buffalo is TBD.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
I believe they did get full value?? Or very close. What else were we going to get?? Krebs was apparently untouchable yesterday.....
yet you thought Krebs wasn't even that great of a prospect to begin with. but now that he is you're fawning over the return. i've seen some dedicated homers on this forum but you're on a whole different level.

Reactions: Kupo

TheBarnIsElectric

Sponsor
Jun 15, 2010
I still think this is a fairly poor return for a healthy Eichel, but I think this says more about how bad most GM's are than anything about the Sabres or Vegas. Eichel, of course isn't healthy, but he will very likely come back to full health and be a top C in the league and Vegas gave up a low price to get that. Most people have been equating a surgery with unkown risk to surgery with high risk. This is NOT a risky surgery. The problem is that the risk is not known. Those are very different things.

As a Sabres fan (and proud resident of Western NY), this is a better return than they got for ROR and acceptable given the situation. Eichel is a top player in his prime and the Sabres (and fans) were 1) absolutely right to ask for other teams top prospects; and 2) not actually expecting that to be the return, again, considering the circumstances.

If nothing else, I'm happy to move on and not read any more of this god forsaken thread and its evil kin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad