Confirmed Signing with Link: [BUF] D Rasmus Dahlin signs extension with the Sabres (8 years, $11M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Grantham

Mar 28, 2017
Great, great deal. Pains me as a Canadian hockey fan seeing our star players not sign these 8 year reasonably priced deals anymore. Would be ecstatic to have Elias Pettersson sign this exact deal, as I think they are equal value players as far as impact. In fact one could argue Dahlin is even more valuable. But we have to endure until next year wondering if he'll just force his way out.

Congrats Sabre fans. You guys deserve it. Your team is really shaping up and I hope you make some noise this year!

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
So no link? You're just spouting off?
No, I'm using my head and math skills.

League revenue averages a $200M increase every year since the cap was implemented but the cap has only gone up $4M since the 18-19 season because of the player's debt during COVID. Guess what? Now the cap has to catch up to five years worth of revenue increases.

TS Quint

Stop writing “I mean” in your posts.
Sep 8, 2012

League revenue averages a $200M increase every year since the cap was implemented but the cap has only gone up $4M since the 18-19 season because of the player's debt during COVID. Guess what? Now the cap has to catch up to five years worth of revenue increases.
I thought you were quoting board of governors? That's what you said you were doing. Google isn't going to help me find your musings.

Gregor Samsa

Sep 5, 2020
Nice for the Sabres to get him locked up. They should really start gunning for the cup before some of their good young players become too expensive

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Player salaries going up is a sign rhat the league is making money right? Especially with Vegas winning and Seattle bringing in a huge half a billion expansion fee.
Expansion fees don’t drive salary cap.
the fees covers current teams lost revenue the next 25 or so years from TV/ media Media rights.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
I thought you were quoting board of governors? That's what you said you were doing. Google isn't going to help me find your musings.

Google will find you the story from literally days ago where they said 22-23 revenue was $6B and they estimate 23-24 will be $6.2B.

Math would get you the rest of the way, but you'd rather continue trying to have a dick measuring contest than look up the article or do the math.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

Please show your math.

many teams lost money with Covid But players still got paid.

TS Quint

Sep 8, 2012
Google will find you the story from literally days ago where they said 22-23 revenue was $6B and they estimate 23-24 will be $6.2B.

Math would get you the rest of the way, but you'd rather continue trying to have a dick measuring contest than look up the article or work the numbers.
All I asked for was a link. You can keep the hissy fit.

Reactions: jiitu

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Please show your math.

many teams lost money with Covid But players still got paid.
Again. There was literally an article within the last week regarding last year's revenue lol.

All I asked for was a link. You can keep the hissy fit.
No, you got a smart attitude asking "Who's telling the secret".

Guess what, I told you. The NHL BOG.

TS Quint

Sep 8, 2012
Again. There was literally an article within the last week regarding last year's revenue lol.

No, you got a smart attitude asking "Who's telling the secret".

Guess what, I told you. The NHL BOG.
You then lied about where you got the information.

Clearly this is a reasonable reaction for asking to see information. Hope you are alright. Wow.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
You then lied about where you got the information.

Clearly this is a reasonable reaction for asking to see information. Hope you are alright. Wow.
Tell me where I told a lie?

"www.google.com" was my reciprocating of your smart attitude telling you to look it up yourself.

Anyways, you've now been corrected. Take the L and move along.

TS Quint

Sep 8, 2012
Tell me where I told a lie?
You said you were quoting the board of governors. Then admitted they never said that.

Why are you being so weird? All I was looking for was wher you were getting the information. You're obviously not a reliable source. I wanted clarification. Now you're on tilt. Relax.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
You said you were quoting the board of governors. Then admitted they never said that.

Why are you being so weird? All I was looking for was wher you were getting the information. You're obviously not a reliable source. I wanted clarification. Now you're on tilt. Relax.
Where did I admit they never said that?

Jesus Christ do you even know what you're arguing at this point?

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Anyone else of a certain age see people comment on 11 million being too much and realize 25 years ago there were players making more when revenues were 1/8th what they are today?
It's time for players to stop being nice and push for more $. Bobby Holik 21 years ago got 9 million per...
I get there's a "Cap" but still;..

It’s because star players are severely underpaid in the NHL compared to mid tier players. Guys like Makar and Fox should be making 14m and McDavid should be making 20+

• Haha

mjlee

Feb 25, 2006
Swedish D men are cashing out, two highest paid D I believe are EK and now Dahlin

TS Quint

Sep 8, 2012
Where did I admit they never said that?

Jesus Christ do you even know what you're arguing at this point?
I'm not arguing you weirdo. You're getting mad because I asked you where got your information from. You told me the board of governors. Then you told me to Google something they never said. Then you said it was just how you see the situation. Would have been a fine answer in the first place.

Why are you so upset? If it was just a personal opinion you could have just said that and it would have been over. Now you're just ranting and raving. It's OK. I got the answer I was looking for. Calm down. I'm not arguing with you.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
I'm not arguing you weirdo. You're getting mad because I asked you where got your information from. You told me the board of governors. Then you told me to Google something they never said. Then you said it was just how you see the situation.

Why are you so upset? If it was just a personal opinion you could have just said that and it would have been over. Now you're just ranting and raving. It's OK. I got the answer I was looking for. Calm down. I'm not arguing with you.
You've made a stunning amount of responses for somebody who is not arguing.

Feel free to look up the article where they quite clearly said the league did $6B last season and is estimated to do $6.2B this season. It definitely exists. If you'd looked it up 10 replies ago we wouldn't have needed all this babbling.

TS Quint

Sep 8, 2012
You've made a stunning amount of responses for somebody who is not arguing.

Feel free to look up the article where they quite clearly said the league did $6B last season and is estimated to do $6.2B this season. It definitely exists. If you'd looked it up 10 replies ago we wouldn't have needed all this babbling.
You already said you couldn't figure out what I was arguing. It's because I'm not arguing with you. You're on tilt bud. Take a break.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
You already said you couldn't figure out what I was arguing. It's because I'm not arguing with you. You're on tilt bud. Take a break.
No, I said you can't figure out what you're arguing.

Tell me again about how I lied when I've told you multiple times what the article says about league revenue and you refuse to look it up. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad